Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Heard the guy in the booth next to me today tell his

Rik

Or the time a new shooter found out from his loading manual that he needed 5 gr's of X powder with X bullet weight. So he counted out 5 grains (granuals). Took'em awhile before he and his buddy figured out why the bullets kept getting stuck part way down the bore. YIKES

Or the time a new shooter found out from his loading manual that he needed 5 gr's of X powder with X bullet weight. So he counted out 5 grains (granuals). Took'em awhile before he and his buddy figured out why the bullets kept getting stuck part way down the bore. YIKES

LMAO, Gotta be true, thats just to stupid to make up :lol:

Yea but what do you do for my fav load 5.5 gr?

Cut one in half? :rolleyes:

in front of an audience (wife/GF) most people will say anything to seem more intelligent. Why we've even had a new shooter at a match one time tell us "he knew what he was doing" and proceeded to shoot 2 rounds in all the white targets ..... leaving the brown ones untouched :surprise:

I was at a public range one day and a guy next to me was shooting a large magnum revolver - he asked me if it "sounded OK". I asked what he meant and he explained that these were his special reloads and that he loaded them "special". I asked about his reloading data and he swelled up and said that he just bought any old powder and filled up the case until "it looks right". I tried to explain the science of reloading and this guy was getting pissed......I assumed that some of my shooting buddies were messing with me or that I was on Candid Camera. When I realized that he was completely serious, I packed up and left before the 44 Magnum bomb went off again.

When I was working at a gun shop I overheard one guy telling his friend that one of the reasons the US had trouble in Vietnam was because the US ammo (5.56) would fit in the NVA rifles but not the other way around. So I picked a round of .223 and a round of 7.62x39, sat them side by side and asked how the .223 would feed in the AK/SKS. He tap danced a bit and the said it was the older rifles "M14?" I asked, "yup, thats it" so I grabbed a .308 and asked how he thinks IT would fit in an AK..."no, the older russian rifle" so I grabbed a 7.62X54.....

Needless to say, by the time they left, Mr. Know it all was pretty quiet.

And wasn't there a story about the guy who was trying to explain to the gun store customer how and why he was holding the gun wrong...turns out the customer is TGO....

Of course there was the gun I saw at the S&W warrantee center, the one where the shooter/reloader fired 6 ultralight PPC loads with his gun, checked the targets (no hits) then fired a couple more before the gun siezed up. S&W cut the barrel in half length ways, there was eight wadcutter bullets stuffed end to end in the barrel with just enough of the last one protruding into the cylinder enough to stop it from turning....

When I was working at a gun shop I overheard one guy telling his friend that one of the reasons the US had trouble in Vietnam was because the US ammo (5.56) would fit in the NVA rifles but not the other way around. So I picked a round of .223 and a round of 7.62x39, sat them side by side and asked how the .223 would feed in the AK/SKS.

I do believe there was some truth to that. I believe it was the AK chambered for the 5.56 NATO that could shoot .223 SAAMI consistantly while the .223 AR could NOT chamber and fire the 5.56 consistantly. I know they are synonymous now, but I do remember something along that line.

I was at a public range one day and a guy next to me was shooting a large magnum revolver - he asked me if it "sounded OK". I asked what he meant and he explained that these were his special reloads and that he loaded them "special". I asked about his reloading data and he swelled up and said that he just bought any old powder and filled up the case until "it looks right". I tried to explain the science of reloading and this guy was getting pissed......I assumed that some of my shooting buddies were messing with me or that I was on Candid Camera. When I realized that he was completely serious, I packed up and left before the 44 Magnum bomb went off again.

Hey I met that same guy! (Or his caveman brother) :blink: He had a plastic 50 round cartridge box that he used to HAMMER on the ejector rod to extract the .44 cases from the cylinder. :wacko::unsure::(

He claimed to me that his brother had loaded the rounds using "some kind of shotgun powder" leaving enough room in the case to seat the bullet. (no measuring for THESE guys) :surprise:

I told him "that S&W M29 is a beautiful and strong gun but if you keep shooting those loads you WILL blow it up."

I took off before I had to witness the carnage.

So THAT is what my problem IS!

:rolleyes:

duh... that must have taken him forever to load 100 rounds. :devil:

Edited by maineshootah

This is exactly why I now avoid public ranges and even our "regular member" area at the club if I can avoid it.

You never really know a person until you go shooting/hunting with them. It's rare that I leave the range/woods without a lower opinion of them. When I started associating with competition shooters, that all changed.