Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limited, Production, Revolver Champions

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that the squad lists are available and we know what the field looks like this year...

As usual Limited is bursting with talent. Leatham has to be the favorite, but I'm guessing that he might not be able to reclaim his title this year. Taran, Ted, and Manny have all been shooting really well of late, and of course it was Chris who finished second to Dave last year, but I'll guess that the win will go to either to Todd (if his gun actually works for 18 stages), Travis (long overdue and definitely on top of his game right now), or one of the USSA's resident world class competitors. (Why the heck is Mike Seeklander not on the #1 super squad, anyhow?)

In Production I won't hesitate to pick Dave. I don't think either or Angus or Bob Vogel is likely to catch him right now. There are definitely some interesting dynamics in the mix of top guns, though... After an excellent showing last year, Matt Mink hasn't appeared at a lot of majors this year, so it's hard to know where he's likely to come in. Ben Stoeger may well suprise a lot of people. And of course Max is having a banner year, and he doesn't need a red dot to achieve heroic results.

Revolver... Jerry seems sure to be the man once again. It's disappointing that Nils won't be there to challenge him (or to shoot in one of the other divisions, where he's also been phenomenal lately). I don't know the other contenders well enough to hazard a guess at second place.

Among the ladies, I'll go with Lisa in Limited, and definitely Jessie Abbate in Production (since it seems that Julie won't be there???).

Good luck to all-- looking forward to another outstanding competition!

Finally someone put vogel near the top after last years performances and this years area wins... wow. what's a guy dressed in black have to do to get some respect!?!?!

my only question is how the &$*#(& did i get on the super squad .. someone must be drinking in sedro wooley. but it is definitley an honor. now i must go practice so i don't embarass the sport!

Limited is so deep...hard to call.

I am going to go with Travis. Though I am pulling for Travis...or Manny...or Phil. They have all shown that they have the skills. TJ...damn, he can shoot a cof. MV and Taran...at any given moment they can take a big match home. Then there is Tilley...he has walked up to the front of the room as the last named called in Tulsa before. Henning and Ted...jeez, how are we supposed to pick from all this talent? Oh...and how is Lee still a Master??? I'll bet he gets moved up after the match. And that is just the one squad!!!

I see Blake is listed, but not squadded? I don't know if he is tuned up. Even the best in the world need to fear the Blake that showed up for the Florida Open a few years ago and CRUSHED the field. (Did he charge anybody for that shooting lesson ???)

There is our old buddy from MS, DBChaffin. On his home court, he shoot 95% of Sevigny this year. He is up there with Blake on the amount of brass a guy can get in the air at once. (Byrant...sorry I'm not going to be there this yr. :( )

Going down the squad list...there is Avery, Ara, Seeklander, and Smitty. How deep does this field get ??? These guys are freakin' tough !

Oh...it gets deeper. Matt Trout. He definitely has all the skills. He is kinda off on his hometown squad. If the big dogs on the other squads are wondering where their stage points went...Matt probably has them. Watch for Matt to be tuned-in...and paying attention to his shooting.

Limited is so deep...hard to call.

I am going to go with Travis. Though I am pulling for Travis...or Manny...or Phil. They have all shown that they have the skills. TJ...damn, he can shoot a cof. MV and Taran...at any given moment they can take a big match home. Then there is Tilley...he has walked up to the front of the room as the last named called in Tulsa before. Henning and Ted...jeez, how are we supposed to pick from all this talent? Oh...and how is Lee still a Master??? I'll bet he gets moved up after the match. And that is just the one squad!!!

I see Blake is listed, but not squadded? I don't know if he is tuned up. Even the best in the world need to fear the Blake that showed up for the Florida Open a few years ago and CRUSHED the field. (Did he charge anybody for that shooting lesson ???)

There is our old buddy from MS, DBChaffin. On his home court, he shoot 95% of Sevigny this year. He is up there with Blake on the amount of brass a guy can get in the air at once. (Byrant...sorry I'm not going to be there this yr. :( )

Going down the squad list...there is Avery, Ara, Seeklander, and Smitty. How deep does this field get ??? These guys are freakin' tough !

Oh...it gets deeper. Matt Trout. He definitely has all the skills. He is kinda off on his hometown squad. If the big dogs on the other squads are wondering where their stage points went...Matt probably has them. Watch for Matt to be tuned-in...and paying attention to his shooting.

Good luck to MT. Matt kick their @$$!

Limited is certainly incredibly deep this year, although it is unfortunate that because of the match format last year's champ won't be defending his title (which is the case for Production as well...) That being said, I think that Limited will break down:

1. Travis T.

2. TGO

3. Chris T.

4. Mike S.

5. Manny B.

Travis has been shooting great this year, TGO is TGO, and no one seems to be paying enough attention to Chris after the show he put on last year in Tulsa. If Todd's gun works all bets are off.

As for Production:

1. Dave S.

2. Max M.

3. Angus H.

4. Matt M.

5. Bob V.

Dave needs no explanation, and Max has been red hot- I'll go out on a limb here even if Production isn't his usual game.

Can't wait to see how it all turns out when the dust settles!

Anyone heard the scoop on what's up with Julie not being on the list?

Mike,

BJ got an email from Julie announcing that she and Simon were expecting. She said she was in her second trimester, so I would imagine she is limiting her lead exposure for the next few months.

BJ got an email from Julie announcing that she and Simon were expecting. She said she was in her second trimester, so I would imagine she is limiting her lead exposure for the next few months.

That's what I was pondering when I heard she wasn't going to shoot...

Congrats, J-Go ;)

Hi everyone,

Not that I know anything, but here are my picks:

1. Angus-How can you guys not love the import?

2. Max-Angus and Max have been shooting together and Max is also shooting a SP-01

3. Matt Mink-Notice a trend?

4. Dave- close for the whole match and has a bad stage that pulls him out of contention.

5. Vogel-Up and coming and give him 2 more years to win it all.

For production class,,,,I think you guys are overlooking Ben S. He is flying under the radar and I'd guess a top 4 finish for him (go Ben!)

For Limited, how can you bet against TGO (unless one of his knees goes out, or maybe an elbow,, or an ankle,,, or his back,,,,)

Tell me more about Mr. Trout, I think he is on my squad.

And Mr. Lee D. shouldn't be a lowly master class shooter, he should have the G in front of the M before his name.

I see Ben Stoeger and Rob Romero being in the top 5 for production. I still think Sevigney will take it hands down. I don't even know what to predict for Limited. Rob and Ben are both flying below the radar and capable of an outstanding finish.

Draws...perfect.

Reloads...perfect.

Exits...perfect.

Entrances...perfect.

Shooting on the move...perfect.

Transitions and splits...perfect.

Stage break-down...right with the best.

Accuracy...as much as he wants.

Matt is probably the best Limited shooter that not everybody knows about. If he was a full-time shooter...watch out.

At the top, this game is mental. Matt is sharp.

For production class,,,,I think you guys are overlooking Ben S. He is flying under the radar and I'd guess a top 4 finish for him (go Ben!)

For Limited, how can you bet against TGO (unless one of his knees goes out, or maybe an elbow,, or an ankle,,, or his back,,,,)

And Mr. Lee D. shouldn't be a lowly master class shooter, he should have the G in front of the M before his name.

Didn't TGO win a World Title after straining a knee. I remember some old ads with him wearing his knee brace looking like "The Road Warrior".

Since I'm rooming with the #3 Revo guy from last years Nats, I'll be working on psyching him up to take a run at JM. He beat him once at Second Chance, so who knows?

Edited by pskys2

I'm predicting a top 3 finish for Ben Stoeger. He just got 4 new Under Armour shirts in different colors so you'll know he changes shirts each day. ;) Seriously though, his drive and determination is incredible, not to mention his current practice routine. There is no way he can be more prepared for this match at this time.

Good luck Ben!

Ronnie

Limited: If it rains all week like it looks like it will, you have to bet on Robbie. If the weather holds up I'm pulling for Travis. Watch for Chris to maybe pull it out as well.

Revo: Yeah like anyone is going to bet against JM

Prod: Have to pick Dave. I got a feel he is going to come out hard and pressure the guys from the start. No one can push the tempo like him. Look for a dogfight for 2nd and 3rd between Angus, Max, Bob, Ben, and Matt. People don't know much about Ben yet, he's my pick to win next year (2008).