Steel1212

steel1212

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice match, stage five looked real smooth. Good Shooting Corey, revolver is not easy, especially in the cold!!

The reloads looked like moon clip reloads. Very nice.

You were using some nice equipment too. Of course that is useless without good technique. Well done :cheers:

Thanks guys! I hope that shooting the wheel will keep me focused on that front sight. Once I got used to the gun, this is the first match I've shot it and its stock other than the front sight, I really was hitting what I needed to. The last 3 stages really turned out well I think, other than that one procedural lol.

Edited by steel1212

Nice match, stage five looked real smooth. Good Shooting Corey, revolver is not easy, especially in the cold!!

The reloads looked like moon clip reloads. Very nice.

You were using some nice equipment too. Of course that is useless without good technique. Well done :cheers:

Thanks guys! I hope that shooting the wheel will keep me focused on that front sight. Once I got used to the gun, this is the first match I've shot it and its stock other than the front sight, I really was hitting what I needed to. The last 3 stages really turned out well I think, other than that one procedural lol.

And I wouldn't have given you the procedural if I hadn't myself been clear on it from Lin's original walk through. I do admit to not being clear on being able to let the bag go once you got behind cover. That stage left a funny taste in my mouth. kind of like a bank bag :roflol:

And I wouldn't have given you the procedural if I hadn't myself been clear on it from Lin's original walk through. I do admit to not being clear on being able to let the bag go once you got behind cover. That stage left a funny taste in my mouth. kind of like a bank bag :roflol:

YUK! That procedural cost me 9TH!!! :angry2::roflol:

Idpa results are in I was second on two stages behind the shooter with the lowest total time and I was shooting SSR :-). Less than a second on one stage and 2.5 on another. Tenth fastest time out of 37 people :-) yeah I'm happy!!

Edited by steel1212

• 3 weeks later...

First outing with the Heavy Metal gear. Gotta turn the gas up on the rifle as you'll see it jammed towards the end of the day with 2 of us using it. Also gotta learn to go forward all the way with the pump :rolleyes:

Looks like I won Heavy metal out of 5 shooters but I was 4th out of 50 over all with the 8 round 1911, pump, and a 308! :D
1 M F TO 630.54 100.00
2 S H TI 575.77 91.31
3 T H TO 534.90 84.83
4 Corey Estill HM 516.98 81.99
5 B W TO 513.39 81.42
6 G B TO 511.88 81.18
7 B R HM 501.09 79.47
8 A G TO 459.69
9 B V TI 449.72
10 C W TI 433.73 68.79

Ugh! You know what sucks? Let me tell ya. I had 3 COMBINED DIVISION stage wins with me shooting a SS today. I won a 32 round stage, a 18 round stage, and the classifier stage nuevo el prez. I won 4 out of 5 stages in my division. I finished 3rd overall in the COMBINED finals WITH A SS. I still lost by 4 points in my division! The stage that I didn't win I had ZERO focus on the front sight and missed the steel to many times, had to do standing reloads and on top of that a worn out recoil spring was keeping my gun from doing slide lock reloads :angry2:. The good thing is the guy that beat me is a fellow Rudy shooter and is WAY underclassified! :ph34r: The good thing I can take from this is I beat all the limited shooters and one of the two open shooters. I was kind of surprised I won the 32 round stage as I had some bobbles and if it wasn't for those that would have been a very nice stage win. I never shoot my match well but I've got to figure out a way to over come that EXCUSE! I'll have video up tomorrow I don't really want to watch it.

• 2 weeks later...

Should be in the lower 90s after this match.

Looking good man! (minus the reshoot gods getting ya on the last stage :sight: )

Looks like we will be shooting together at the Ohio Sectional too B)

Should be in the lower 90s after this match.

Looking good man! (minus the reshoot gods getting ya on the last stage :sight: )

Looks like we will be shooting together at the Ohio Sectional too B)

Yeah that was a low 90s on bang and clang to a 60s dry.gif

Ohio should be pretty fun!

Had 3 good stages and 3 not as good stages. It was a pretty technical match with some pretty long shots on some little steel. I think I pulled it out but it wasn't a gimmie with a squad full of good single stackers!

Had 3 good stages and 3 not as good stages. It was a pretty technical match with some pretty long shots on some little steel. I think I pulled it out but it wasn't a gimmie with a squad full of good single stackers!

Well you definitely got me....

I had 2 stupid mikes

bobbled a reload

missed the thumb safety on my trojan before I transitioned it my weak hand on the classifier and realized I still don't have an ambi on there and chased a steel plate on the star for a few more seconds than you did.

Well you definitely got me....

I had 2 stupid mikes

bobbled a reload

missed the thumb safety on my trojan before I transitioned it my weak hand on the classifier and realized I still don't have an ambi on there and chased a steel plate on the star for a few more seconds than you did.

Sounds like a gear problem to me.