Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Thumb rest on a limited gun

Glockster35

I have an idea for a custom thumb rest for a Glock pistol, but before I seek someone to build it, I need to first know if it is allowed in IPSC/USPSA shooting.

This thumb rest would be for the weak hand thumb to rest on.

Does anyone have the rule book handy?

Darn, my idea will go to waste now! Already had a prototype being made!

Hmmm---Send me the prototype. I'll put it on one of my Open Division Glocks and give it

a try. REALLY small market, I think I was one of two Open Glocks out of 227 shooters in

Open at the Nationals. My wife was shooting the other one.

I'm pretty sure modified is in IPSC, not uspsa. IDPA doesn't have a division called modified. They all have letters, most of the letter sets end in a P like ESP, stuff like that.

Revolver division(s) end in R.

MLM

fyi-

US Appendix D7 -- Limited Division

. . . .

"18. External modifications such as weights, or devices to control or reduce recoil are specifically not allowed, such as, but not limited to, thumb rest, extended slide stops, etc..."

Cheers,

-br

It is to me...I have never shot IDPA, guess I would probably like it, but it's hard to find a club within 20 miles of places I live. I really don't care to drive long distances every weekend to compete.

20 miles?

Hell, I set at red lights for longer than it would take to drive that. :)

It is to me...I have never shot IDPA, guess I would probably like it, but it's hard to find a club within 20 miles of places I live. I really don't care to drive long distances every weekend to compete.

20 miles?

I drive a hour(40 miles)each way just to practice

PS Thumb rests are a no no in USPSA

Edited by BSeevers

20 miles?

Man...Bil how far away was the SC Sectional? How about Tulsa? If all of the matches were 20 miles out, I don't think any of us would miss a match!

20 miles?

Man...Bil how far away was the SC Sectional? How about Tulsa? If all of the matches were 20 miles out, I don't think any of us would miss a match!

Until we ran out of money for ammo and entry fee's.

I "shoot" an open glock on occasion and never thought about this until reading this post. There is a glock "strap-on" thumb rest out there, it wraps around high on the backstrap and is held in place by a longer ejector housing pin. It is like an ambi safety on a "real" gun. I may have to try 1 although it would defeat the purpose of shooting a glock in all divisions (same grip angle/feel). :blink:

Darn, my idea will go to waste now! Already had a prototype being made!

Hmmm---Send me the prototype. I'll put it on one of my Open Division Glocks and give it

a try. REALLY small market, I think I was one of two Open Glocks out of 227 shooters in

Open at the Nationals. My wife was shooting the other one.