Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2008 South Carolina Sectional Championship

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do we have a squad breakdown and time line yet or will we get that the day of the match?

I do not post squad lists. You will see it at registration. However, if you made a squad request (got yours, Tony) I always honor squad requests.

All Friday shooters start with a shooter's meeting at 8:30 & shooting starts at 9:00. All Saturday shooters start with a meeting at 7:30 AM & most will start shooting at 8:00 AM (& five squads start at 8:45 AM). If you absolutely need to know what stage you start on, email me next Tuesday (I usually don't finalize squadding or assign squad numbers until the Tuesday before the match).

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2008 SC State Match Statistician

PS: the post two days ago about Friday slots - they were both filled within 4 hours after I posted.

Edited by LChico

Linda, will there be any vendors selling reloading components??

I got an email from your 'sometimes partner in crime' about this & have been checking with sponsors & vendors. Unfortunately, I don't seem to have anyone who will be selling reloading supplies.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2008 SC State Match Statistician

Seven days and counting! :cheers: Now all I have to do is survive a five day visit from my mother and sister between now and then. Handling a loaded gun is waaaaaaay safer than that. :lol:

Edited by XD Niner

As usual, in IPSC shooter hell. Open or Production. Confirmed for Open, but with the deluge of weather and FINALLY getting my RL1050 back up and running I still need to get to a range and chrono some loads. Yep...I'm gonna be that guy. Once I get a load done though, practice between now and Friday night when I drive down isn't gonna be a problem.

Anyone know of an outdoor range in NC (Fayetteville area preferred) that'll let me shoot like 100 rounds over the chrono?

Rich

Jack,

I've seen the stage sketches and it looks like we're going to have a gret time. Thanks in advance for all your, Linda's and the rest of your team's hard work putting this together.

Can you give us a rough idea of the typical and maximum distances for shots? I thought I might try something new and actually sight in my dot for this match. :ph34r:

I checked out the stages earlier this afternoon. It looks like this will be a great match with some really fun to shoot stages. Now if I can just keep from tripping over my own two size 11's going up and down those sets of stairs. Does anyone know if shooting with a walker is considered an unfair advantage? :devil:

Rumor has it that I'm squadded with the Stubers, the Colons and none other than Todd Jarrett. I expect he'll retire right after this match to preserve whatever sanity he has left after seeing my shooting technique. :rolleyes:

Rumor has it that I'm squadded with the Stubers, the Colons and none other than Todd Jarrett. I expect he'll retire right after this match to preserve whatever sanity he has left after seeing my shooting technique. :rolleyes:

:goof:

Just got in from shooting the South Carolina Sectional. Better bring your "A" game. Tough stages, not complicated , just target rich enviroment with some at pretty good distances. I saw a lot of misses today , from some pretty good shooters. It ran pretty smooth too. Just wish I could have been smooth. :lol:

Linda, Jack, Donnie and all at SC State '08.

Thanks for another well run match, it certainly was testing today, it kicked my ass, & I thought I was paeking just at the right time for SC and Area6, shows that a good match will show you otherwise.

Sorry I couldn't stick around for the festivities tomorrow night, may be one year?

I just hope the weather holds off for all you Saturday shooters, NOT!.

Peace out, BEEP!

P.

The match was great today, a ton of up close and fast as well as called distance shots.

For those of you shooting tomorrow, feel free to drop an "Enos hello" to those of us sticking around tomorrow to work the match... (I will be at stage 4)

Looking forward to meeting more of you f2f.

While the title on the page says 2007, those are actually the results from yesterday's competitors.

I had a great time on Squad 23. We had the "Nemo" Colon clan, John and Jack Suber, Allen Parrish, Dave Griffith, Todd Jarrett and Rebbecca Jones. Todd and Rebbecca showed the rest of us how well a really great shooter can perform stage after stage. Jack and Nemo were no slouches either. And of course the three young guns on the squad flew through each course of fire. Ah, it would be great to have limber legs and working knees again! :rolleyes:

The whole squad worked well together with everyone pitching in to help. I was the videographer and will hopefully post a few later this evening or tomorrow.

It looks like the competitors in today's squads had to contend with some serious rain. I hope they all brought their snorkels! :lol:

A huge thank you to Jack, Linda and the entire crew who worked so hard to put on such a great match. :bow: I'll definitely be back next year.

Edited by XD Niner