Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2008 South Carolina Sectional Championship

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all, to "mi hermano" Jack Suber and his lovely family, thanks for your hospitality!

The Colón clan made it back home safe last night. As Kent (XDNiner) said we shot Friday with him, The Subers, :bow: Todd :bow: and Rebecca and other super nice folks. Then yesterday (to put our brand new RO certs to good use) we staffed Stage 3: Shamma Lamma Ding Dong. This was the first time I've worked a major match and look forward to do it again.

Thanks to Linda, Donnie, Jack and the MCRC for every year giving us one of the best, most fun matches. This year was no different. Great stages with just the right balance between difficulty and just plain shooting fun! :bow: THANK YOU!! :cheers:

As always it was great to see old friends and make some new ones. It's funny how it doesn't matter how many times I introduced myself while reading the walkthrough, invariably most everybody forgot my name and just called me Nemo. The power of this place!

Shooting the match with TJ and then RO'ing a stage, one gets to see some impressive shooting, like KC Eusebio 11-second run in Stage 3! :o

Anyway, it was great. Will be there again next year. Sorry I missed the banquet and Cliff's continued building of a legend... :D

Congrats to all the winners and, again, thanks to the match organizers!

Hasta la vista!

Edited by Nemo

final Stage & Final match results are posted at

http://lchico.5u.com/sc-match/sc-match.html

Still have not updated the "Winner's list" on that page -- we are having a little 'after party.' More tomorrow. . .

I just created you an upload area on uspsa.org, and emailed you separately. Bn

Thanks Bill,

I got this message earlier but still do not have a password. I didn't request a password until Thursday, so I was a bit late asking for one. It will have to wait until later today. I just finished cleaning the 'after party' room & need to get out to the range to clean up.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2008 SC State Statistician

Sent you a PM and email. (Also sent a couple of PM's earlier in the week about ezws 3.04 and ezws 3.05; I don't know if you got those.)

Thanks Bill!

I completed the upload to USPSA as soon as I got back from range clean-up & found the password in the delete folder. My regular MSN mail doesn't work at the hotel because it is unhappy about using an unsecured network. I am using hotmail and it doesn't have my personal settings.

Julie & I had both upgraded to EzWin 3.05 about 2 days before your email message.

Results are now available at USPSA under the major match heading.

Edited by LChico

What a fun match and a great weekend! Just got home and took a much needed "cat nap!" As usual, an outstanding job by Jack, Donnie, Tom, Linda and Julie! It was great seeing old friends and meeting new ones. Can't wait until next year!

Donnie and Tom: I will NEVER look at primers that same way! :D

S

What a great match! Thanks to every one, Linda, Jack, Donnie, Tom, Julie and all the Ro staff.

The ride home was uneventful but another marvel of mother nature as I rode sun burnt thru snow, rain and near freezing temps (34 degree low)!

I am planning and hoping to return again next year.

thanks for all the kindness and hospitality,

41mag

What a great match! Thanks to every one, Linda, Jack, Donnie, Tom, Julie and all the Ro staff.

The ride home was uneventful but another marvel of mother nature as I rode sun burnt thru snow, rain and near freezing temps (34 degree low)!

I am planning and hoping to return again next year.

thanks for all the kindness and hospitality,

41mag

Did you pick up your "Most Dedicated" shooter award?

You should have!

Salute!

41mag

Nice to meet another Enos member at the match, happy you made it home safe - LOVE the new revo Enos shirt as well!

Well, another one is in the books. Considering a slight rain delay Saturday, we still finished by 5 O'Clock. Not bad, I think. I wanted to thank everyone who attended our match this weekend. We appreciate your support of our match. Our staff and members of our club (Mid-Carolina Rifle Club) work hard to make the match an enjoyable experience for everyone who attends. I am fortunate that our club and its board members are so supportive of USPSA. I would like to thank the Palmetto Gun Club crew and Stan Johnson's crew for their continued support of the match.

I also realized that I forgot to mention and thank Maineshooter (Jason) at the banquet for helping set-up on Thursday (please forgive my oversight - I was a little brain-dead by that point). To all of our RO's - thanks so much for your work. We could not do it with out your help. It was nice to see so many BE'rs at the match.

Kent, thanks for the vids. Great work and I enjoyed shooting with you.

I would like to thank Todd Jarret for all the tips and instruction he provided to the kids (and Dad's) as we shot. What an experience for the juniors (John Suber, Francisco Colon - aka Scrat; and Nelson Colon Jr). That was awesome! It was nice to meet Rebeca, too.

Ms. Kitty - Its all about the Vibra-prime..... :surprise::devil::goof:

I'll post some pix later this evening or tomorrow night. Feel free to email or PM me comments or ideas. I am always looking for ways to improve the match. Thanks.

Edited by Jack Suber

Thanks for putting on a superb (that's German for Suber) challenging, fun match. No one uses oil in that sand so you really didn't need a vender. Great staff great targets great fun. Maineshooter: I've got camping ideas for ya... Stan thanks for the creativity. Chester too; since I'm not fast nor accurate, I do love to stomp on something. The felony stop was my favorite realistic scenario type "game". Joel, can't thank you enough.

Edited by 11.43mm

What a great match. I had a great time and think I'm now a little spoiled for not having to help paste or set steel! All matches should be run this way! Looking forward to next year's match already.

Thanks to all staff and helpers for their hard work.

Eddie

Maineshooter: I've got camping ideas for ya...

Always open to new camping ideas!

Jack.. no worries! :cheers:

I was more than happy to help, I couldn't justify just sitting around for a day when I knew you could use another set of arms to move heavy things. :blush:

Can't wait until next year.

I would like to say thank you to Linda, Jack, and Donnie for all their hard work each of you put into this match. A great match does not run itself. I am proud to say the SC sectional is one of the finest level two matches in the country. It seems the word is getting out though, with shooters coming all the way from Canada to play with us; it was great to shoot with them as well as the many other fine shooters that attended a great match. A big thank you all for your hard work to all the match staff, thank you to all the competitors that attended, thank you to all the sponsors that donated prizes, and I hope to see you all soon at another match.