Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Reduced Size Targets

Mistral404

Does anyone know who makes the reduced size targets and poppers. I want to set them up in a small room I would like not to be overwhelmed by using a standard size target.

I saw them somewhere but can not remember where?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
or you can print this one...http://www.glockfaq.com/targets/competition/ipsc.pdf

If you have a little extra time on your hands, you can print these targets, tape them to scrap cardboard, and then use a thumb tac/ push pin to outline all the scoring zones. Then when you cut them out you have reduced size targets with perfed scoring lines.

or you can print this one...http://www.glockfaq.com/targets/competition/ipsc.pdf

If you have a little extra time on your hands, you can print these targets, tape them to scrap cardboard, and then use a thumb tac/ push pin to outline all the scoring zones. Then when you cut them out you have reduced size targets with perfed scoring lines.

That is pretty much what I was describing above :rolleyes: - I made up a bunch of these years ago and they have been excellant for dryfire practice.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As I'm sure everyone knows, the official dimensions of each type of target are in the appendices to the USPSA rulebook. Well,

I drew up the "metric" target and both sizes of poppers using Adobe Illustrator. From there, they can be scaled to any size instantly.

I'm willing to post some PDFs (or whatever format) of various sizes---full size, half, third, quarter, fit to letter/legal/tabloid page, etc. Or specify the "apparent" distance (e.g. 10yd) and "actual" distance (e.g. 8ft) and I can scale to fit. Takes a total of about one minute to do the math and then tell Illustrator to do the scaling. I can also draw up the "classic" target if anyone wants some of those.

I'm only a little concerned about the whole IPSC/USPSA licensing thing. (I'm not a lawyer . . . but I'm not producing targets, nor making a profit. Still legal?)

Any interest?

• 4 weeks later...

I had a few days on my hands and using the dimensions listed in the back of the Rulebook made some 1/2 scale targets, and 1/3 scale targets. They go great together (side-by-side) for giving the impression of distance (i.e.- further down range) between them.

Here's a copy of my notes from the conversions:

Actual Target Dimensions

A Zone - 15cm X 28cm (5cm down from B Zone)

B Zone - 15cm X 15cm

Shoulder Width- 15cm per side

Shoulder Height- 60cm

Overall Height- 75cm

Overall Width- 45cm

Angles:

Shoulder- 45 Degrees- 5cm W, 5cm H

Hip- 7.5cm W, 15cm H

MINI CONVERSION

1/3 Size

Overall Height- 25cm/10 in.

Overall Width- 15cm/6 in.

Shoulder Height- 20cm/8 in.

Shoulder Width- 5cm per side/2 in.

A Zone - 5cm/2 in. X 9.33cm/3.73 in.

B Zone - 5cm/2 in. X 5cm/2 in. (1.67cm/ .67 in. down from B Zone)

Shoulder Angle- 45 Degrees- 1.67cm/ .67 in. H, 1.67cm/ .67 in. W

Hip Angle- 2.5cm/ 1 in. W, 5cm/ 2 in. H

½ Size

Overall Height- 37.5cm/ 15 in.

Overall Width- 22.5cm/ 9 in.

Shoulder Width- 7.5cm/ 3 in. per side

Shoulder Height- 30cm/ 12 in.

A Zone - 7.5cm/ 3 in. X 14/ 5.6 in.

B Zone – 7.5cm/ 3 in. X 7.5cm/ 3 in.

Shoulder Angle- 45 Degrees- 2.5cm/ 1 in. H, 2.5cm/ 1 in. W

Hip Angle- 3.75cm/ 1.5 in. W, 7.5cm/ 3in. H

Obviously I only did the A zones, but they work great, and if you make a Master Copy you can pop them out whenever you have extra cardboard. Also, the 1/3 size target will fit on a regular 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of paper.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...

Just now looking these up. I am going to set up a range in my basement to practice dry fire. I have been shooting about 5 years and have practiced all I can.

I am over the hill now (70 years) and I need to practice everyday to just stay where I am. Maby I can improve and win my class at one of the area matches.

I plan on shooting untill my friends tell me it is time to give it up, and the good thing about this, they will do just that, and I will.

• 3 weeks later...