Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Buying used

moverton

All,

How difficult is it to find a used limited custom guns? Maybe a limited gun made by Benny Hill, Brazos, or Dawson. Where would be the best place to look for a used gun like this. Any help is appreciated.

Just pay attention, a decent deal comes around weekly, a good deal is there to be had frequently, but you better be fast when it does as the vultures <insert picture of Merlin here > on this forum are quick

- The classified section here...once you become an established member.

- The classified section on the USPSA website.

- Many clubs also have "stuff for sale" sections on their local websites.

- Get to local matches and get the word out that you are looking. Make sure to help out with setting up, working the match, and tearing down the match, as needed. If you become a regular part of the local crew...you will get first dibs and good deals.

What Flex said, and be ready with cash in hand. When a Benny or a Brazos or a Bedell comes up at a good price it WILL go fast. I have bought and sold a few in the last year and a half, none of them were listed more than two days.

Yes, it is a member's only kinda thing.

But like Flex said, if you get the word out that you are looking to buy, sometimes someone will know of somebody who is either selling, or has been thinking of selling, but not actively. You might just make someone think hard about putting a nice blaster up for sale.

I'm not sure but do you have to have 25 post here to buy off the forum or just to post?----------Larry

You must have 25+ posts in order to post in the Classifieds Forum. And your Profile must contain:

1. Your email address

2. Your real name, if your username is not your real name

3. Your city and state (in the "Location" field)

• No dealer or "dealer-type" sales

• All items sold must be personally owned items

Please follow the spirit of Classified's Rules or your posting privileges will be removed.

I guess I am going to have to do some more posting. Unfortunately I am ignorant about most things discussed here.

Don't worry, when I started a couple years ago I was in the same position. It didn't take long to contribute a little where I could, not all questions here are shooting related so you can reach 25 posts in no time. Interestingly enough I bought my Brazos Limited gun here used from another forum member so I've been in your position. Some long standing forum members helped me figure out that I had found the right deal when the pistol came up for sale.

More post and guestions, yes, but I dont see any reason you couldnt respond to a post and purchase from the classifed now. As was stated before Ineel posted a svi 40 at about 1145, it was gone at 1230.------------Larry

I guess I am going to have to do some more posting. Unfortunately I am ignorant about most things discussed here.

Not to worry! I sure don't let it bother me to post on subjects I have no knowledge of. :o;)

IF knowledgeable posting is required here, I am in BIG trouble!!!

If that is the case, then I should only have about 20 posts, NOT 2320 :surprise:

I try to follow the policy: it is better for me to keep my mouth shut and let everyone think I am an idiot then open it and prove it. :D

Jaxshooter: I am not yet a USPSA member so I can't look at the classified section. But I am curious about the price of the Bedell?

A friend of mine is selling off a bunch of stuff right now. I'm sure he's going to sell his STI sight tracker with SPS slide. Watch for it on the USPSA classifieds. I haven't shot it, but the trigger feels nice in dry fire. Crisp and lighter than the trigger on mine (which is 2.5 lb).

I try to follow the policy: it is better for me to keep my mouth shut and let everyone think I am an idiot then open it and prove it. :D

Jaxshooter: I am not yet a USPSA member so I can't look at the classified section. But I am curious about the price of the Bedell

PM Sent

You'll find used Limited guns being listed almost everyday, usually with extra mags and/or holsters, between the 2 sites.

Finding a Hill, Brazos, or Bedell, or even Dawson, not quite as frequently; maybe once a week or so you'll see a "name" gun being listed.; they usually bring pretty close to new prices.

Many guns listed are built by not quite as known a builder, and can be very good deals.... just be careful, you usually get what you pay for.

The listed Bedell Spitfire Limited package on USPSA right now, with 5 mags and holster is $2500 ...... not a bad deal with 5 mags and holster, and belt I'd say. Those mags are worth nearly $100 each if built from scratch, the holster goes for about $150 new, the mag holders are probably another $100, so that makes the gun about $1750. A new Spitfire is about $2300 plus tax and shipping, and several months wait.

Edited by sfinney

I bought a used Limcat Wildcat .40 from a member here a couple of months ago and I'm just now getting my post count up. He included his phone

number so I don't thinl I violated the spirit of the rules by calling him direct and making the deal. I too don't like to post unless I know what I'm talking

about and in fact I replied to a member here by PM on a subject I am very knowledgeable about and he posted a public message complaining

about people who are afraid to post! Actually I'm not a afraid to post, I too just don't want to open my mouth and remove all doubt!

A suggestion on internet purchases of guns. Ask the seller to arrange with the FFL holder to receive the money as well as do the shipping and

gov't paperwork. That way you are dealing with the FFL holder and have assurance of a clean transaction. I have bought several firearms this

way including some high dollar shotguns with no problem. To speed it up you can use a bankcard or debit card, especially if you agree to pay the extra

the bank charges. By doing this I got my last gun in two days. Cost me $40 extra.