Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Side saddle ammo holder

M ammo

Mike,

NO ND's .......... EVER !!!

In the UK they are very hot on this issue and hence will pick up / shout / DQ if the finger in the guard is violated.

The weak hand method does cause questions in areas where it has not been seen before re the finger, as at a glance the finger seems to be in play for DQ

The issue is that at the wrong angle it may seem that the finger is within the TG, I have had this lots in the last 3 years !!!! It eventually comes down to showing how we do the tehnique and how it is used. The trigger finger is well outside the TG and we just need to show the point off !!

Despite the anti weak hand loading crew in the European arena there has been no DQ's for this

Regards

Edited by mike.45

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike, is correct on this issue, it appears that the finger is in the TG. however it really isn't. from the side it definetly looks like it is but if you could see from underneath you would see that it isn't. Several photos of me and Kurt, from Greece show the same thing.

Trapr

Kurt, you have a clip where you load 8 in around 6 flat from the 06 Benning match. I know cause I gave it to you. We won't talk about the next 8 but the first one is sweet. It was Mike's favorite shotgun stage of the match. :rolleyes:

WAIT WAIT 1 MIN I HAS TO SAY THIS I LOVE THE BELLY ON KURT :cheers: HE IS SO HOT LOL

Mike, is correct on this issue, it appears that the finger is in the TG. however it really isn't. from the side it definetly looks like it is but if you could see from underneath you would see that it isn't. Several photos of me and Kurt, from Greece show the same thing.

Trapr

WAIT WAIT 1 MIN I HAVE TO SAY THIS I LOVE THE BELLY ON KURT :cheers: HE IS SO HOT LOL

I STILL RESPECT HIM VERY MUCH AND HOW WELL HE SHOOTS :surprise: .

Trapr

Edited by superfly

Keith I am still in Wyoming so no access! I will be back around the 18th or 20th and we will swap stories and hardware! If you got it post it!

Superfly...the belly is almost gone but the "love" still remains!

LkyTx.. he,s been in prison too long and I have been in Wyoming too long....you figure it out!

You know, I really don't care about Kurt missing a shell on the pickup here and there.

If he can load that fast on a regular basis, I am in awe. I think back to how much I practiced over the year and what my split times got down to, he is damn fast. Putting videos up of oneself leaves people a lot of room to criticize, but damn, he is fast ( yeah I know I repeated myself).

Keith I am still in Wyoming so no access! I will be back around the 18th or 20th and we will swap stories and hardware! If you got it post it!

Superfly...the belly is almost gone but the "love" still remains!

LkyTx.. he,s been in prison too long and I have been in Wyoming too long....you figure it out!

Now I understand why he was asking where to get sheep skin seat covers.----------Larry

He hinted at these desires in June but us relaxed Brits gave him the benefit of the doubt and pretended to ignore it - There is a lot of sheep and 'open sheep land' here in the UK - I think after a month or two in WY anything there looks 'cute' to him nowadays

Crazy Mixed Up Kid !

So, I've been practicing Kurt's method. My left thumb hurts!

I think the left hand method has a little less fumble factor than the Carlock. It also is a little quicker to learn. However, I'm still faster with the Carlock. I was doing dry runs with a timer today, and was approaching 7 seconds. With a lot of practice I think I should be sub-7 before too long. What I think I'll do for now in matches is have a shell carrier on my left side and use it for stuffing 1 or 2 at a time when that's all I need.

ok, havent read the entire thread here, but about the only time I really use a side saddle is when I am in a stage that uses slugs AND bird shot. You know, the ones that have a slug thrown in every now and then, and you need to single load a slug or maybe 2.

I really try not to have slugs on my person in a stage like that, in the normal places.......because sure as heck, I will load a slug when I don't want to, or load bird shot when I want a slug.......not that its ever happened to anyone on the forum.

Tim

Tim, I agree it is a great way to segregate your slugs and shot. I used the roll method for years and will still use it if the stage design requires it, ie: 180 issues. The side saddle on my SX2 isn't in the way with the front 4 shells gone so intend to leave it there. Keith

I really try not to have slugs on my person in a stage like that, in the normal places.......because sure as heck, I will load a slug when I don't want to, or load bird shot when I want a slug.......not that its ever happened to anyone on the forum.

Tim

Removed the side saddle that came with my shotgun from Benny the moment it arrived, just in the way. With regards to the last 2 pages of weak hand versus other methods, I was fortunate enough to have the Millers shown me how to load weak hand so I am sticking with it. Yes, I've seen Kurt done just that similar to the vid. Best I've tried still between 7-8 seconds for 8 with same drill.

Tim, I keep 6 slugs in a carrier on strong side and would pick up the slug(s) "cross-draw" style, slugs in carrier pointed the same direction as if they were on my weak side. No mix up this way :rolleyes:

Edited by PacMan

Tim, I keep 6 slugs in a carrier on strong side and would pick up the slug(s) "cross-draw" style, slugs in carrier pointed the same direction as if they were on my weak side. No mix up this way

Hung, check out the new chest rigs that our south Texas CC mates are promoting - Trapr is now using this and for dual ammo stages this is how I cope with brain fade !!!

Tim, I keep 6 slugs in a carrier on strong side and would pick up the slug(s) "cross-draw" style, slugs in carrier pointed the same direction as if they were on my weak side. No mix up this way

Hung, check out the new chest rigs that our south Texas CC mates are promoting - Trapr is now using this and for dual ammo stages this is how I cope with brain fade !!!

Got a link to the Chest Rig?

Thanks,

5Shot

Mark doesn't have a site yet. I had to order mine via phone. It's a good unit, but I haven't practiced with it yet so I won't be using it in a match for awhile. I called Diamond Shooting Sports and they gave me his phone #. Good guy to work with.