Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2007 Area 7 - Vermont in July

Not too bad. I am in 14th overall in production, but that will change tommorrow. Tanked bigfoot stage. <_<

tanked only one stage, thats good. I tanked two and bobbled a third. :(

+ stage 5...had to restart as the drop turner was not set up. On the reshoot, I nailed the drop turner 2 A's, and picked up a miss on the left target (2 into hard cover)

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not too bad. I am in 14th overall in production, but that will change tommorrow. Tanked bigfoot stage. <_<

tanked only one stage, thats good. I tanked two and bobbled a third. :(

+ stage 5...had to restart as the drop turner was not set up. On the reshoot, I nailed the drop turner 2 A's, and picked up a miss on the left target (2 into hard cover)

I had to put 4 in the drop turner, the first 2 went into hard cover. The next 2 were As that went all the way across the A zone :rolleyes:

I had fun though. Got to shoot with Larry H and Stephen D on Squad 15, both HK shooters as well. It was like the Hk Squad and was a real pleasure to shoot with these more experienced shooters. Say what you want about the HK, these guys make the HK pistols sing! I even provided entertainment on the Big Foot stage (LOL). Next year might shoot L10 at this match.

I had to put 4 in the drop turner, the first 2 went into hard cover. The next 2 were As that went all the way across the A zone :rolleyes:

That is what you get for watching me!

:rolleyes:

I did the exact same thing..

Hat cam footage of the Chicken cannon stage should be up today as well on www.maine3gun.org, I will post the link when I get it up.

Just a short word from the "other" side!

I was one of the RO's that worked a stage Fri and Sat and I want to comment that the shooters that shot my stage were absolutely terrific. Everyone (100%) was safe, polite, helpful, and thanked us workers profusely after shooting our stage.

I also want to make note of the unbelievable amount of work that Scott Chapman (MD) and all the other workers have done to make the match run smoothly. And lastly the time, creativity, and effort the Alexander family, Ed Boadway, Scott, Aaron Kyle, Tim Gray, and Chaz Link (that dropaway spaceship) did as course designers and builders. Special thanks to Amy P for being the best scorer any RO could have. There are many others too, not enough room here to mention all.

Thanks to all of you who came and shot the match, nice to see my shooting friends again, and make some new ones.

My "laugh of the match"....... I was scoring targets and came around to the last few, 3 targets with hardcover and what do I see??????????? A $20 bill pastered to the end target right next to a hole in the black! Squad was from an unnamed club and the shooter has some really good friends but, no.........I did not take it. Good for some laughs all around :D

Edited by nhglyn

I was one of the RO's that worked a stage Fri and Sat and I want to comment that the shooters that shot my stage were absolutely terrific. Everyone (100%) was safe, polite, helpful, and thanked us workers profusely after shooting our stage.

(snip)

A $20 bill pastered to the end target right next to a hole in the black! Squad was from an unnamed club and the shooter has some really good friends but, no.........I did not take it. Good for some laughs all around :D

Thank you and your fellow staff for making such a great match.

It can be a lot of work when dealing with shooters, prop issues, delays, etc.

As far as the $20... WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THAT!!!!

:cheers:

(snip)

A $20 bill pastered to the end target right next to a hole in the black! Squad was from an unnamed club and the shooter has some really good friends but, no.........I did not take it. Good for some laughs all around :D

Thank you and your fellow staff for making such a great match.

It can be a lot of work when dealing with shooters, prop issues, delays, etc.

As far as the $20... WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THAT!!!!

:cheers:

Silly Shooter, everyone knows that vowels cost $50.00. ;)

Alan

Thanks to everyone for the kind words, but I want to extend an extra special thanks to Dave Sevigny. Dave shot the match, then stuck around for a few hours helping us breakdown stages 1-7. Dave piloted a screwgun and went to town. Thank you for shooting and helping!

Ed

Edited by Ed Boadway

I've said it before and I'll say it again... Dave's awesome.

Believe it or not-- and all those who were there will know how impressive this is-- we had all the stages of the match broken down, cleaned up and put away in the space of about two hours, thanks to many willing hands and a little experience (the first year we held the AWARE, it took three full days to clear all the ranges). It's been a privelage to work with so many great folks and to know that all the effort everyone has made is appreciated by so many new visitors and long-time devotees of our match. See you all again next year!

I had a great time shooting, too bad I couldn't have shot on Saturday though, Friday was definately DAMP. Let us all know soonest what the dates will be for next year. This is one of the few matches I can build a family trip around. It happens out of school and has things to do outside the range gate.

Great job, I'll be back!

Jim

As usual, I'm a day late and a dollar short... got back to NJ last night about midnight after shooting Friday and working on Atlantis Saturday and Sunday. Thanks again to everybody who made this match possible- Scott and Ed, awesome job, Randy, Frankie, BJ, the Robinses, Amy, Steve, Iron Bob, Matt, Lou, my family the Alexanders... the list goes on and on. And many thanks to all of the competitors- you guys and gals are great (I'm sorry about my part in creating the growing legend of "Porkchop Hill"). It's great to see so many familiar faces again, and it's always exciting to see the new faces who make it to our match :rolleyes: I also want to make a special thanks to all of our friends from Canada who braved the border crossing and long drive to come down and shoot the match- obviously hockey's not the only sport you're darn good at! Next year we'll try to order one more day of beautiful weather for all of you so you can appreciate VT at its best.

Made Major at 165.0 :surprise:

me too , but only after re-weighing the last bullet. :rolleyes: From 171.3 to 165.0000000000001 yikes.

Super Moto, nice shooting, how'd you end up?

Edited by dirtypool40

Made Major at 165.0 :surprise:

me too , but only after re-weighing the last bullet. :rolleyes: From 171.3 to 165.0000000000001 yikes.

Super Moto, nice shooting, how'd you end up?

I ended up 11th, which I am happy with, I tried to shoot conservatively, trying to get 1st shot hits on steel. But I seem to take alot of time to set up on the steel. Bermunda, I missed the popper the 1st shot, shot it again 3 times, on the original video, you can hear the three hit, wasted alittle time there, In past matches I tried to shoot steel way to fast and end up costing myself more time. It was a great time and I learn alot.

Edited by Supermoto

(SNIP)

Here is stage # 1 Elvis lives!

Stage # 7

ouch penalty target and 10 steel. I guess these were not disappearing targets.

Gotta love the shaking hips on Elvis. As for stage 7, I sure hope Wally Walker didn't have to set those steel plates all weekend. :(

But I know he would. :bow:

(SNIP)

Here is stage # 1 Elvis lives!

Stage # 7

ouch penalty target and 10 steel. I guess these were not disappearing targets.

Gotta love the shaking hips on Elvis. As for stage 7, I sure hope Wally Walker didn't have to set those steel plates all weekend. :(

But I know he would. :bow:

What happened to you I didn't see you on my stage

My revolver ammo made 179 p.f. at Area 7, same as everywhere else. Gotta wonder if the altitude thing is powder specific, it certainly doesn't seem to affect straight Clays in .45 ACP loads.....

What happened to you I didn't see you on my stage

It broke my heart to not be there Randy, but the match coincided with my annual family vacation this year. Hopefully the stars will align for me next year.