Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

LOUISIANA GATOR CLASSIC 2007

1 - 5 in Revolver

Jerry HOA & 1st GM

Elliot 2nd OA 2nd GM

41Mag, Pat Scott 3rd OA 1st B

scooterj, Scott Jacob 4th OA 2nd B

Annette 5th OA 3rd B

Pat stomped me pretty good. It was nip and tuck with me and Annette.

It was one hell of a good match.

Edited by scooterj

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the kind words, especially those regarding us ROs, we did our best. There were some DQs, but I can say for certain that 10:45am on Saturday was not the first. I know I had one prior to then; hated to do it, but the rules are the rules.

Thanks for coming out everybody, I sure hope to see you all again next year! And for all the locals, thanks so much for making four days of work feel like four days of hanging out with your buddies!

Great stages, great ROs, great range, as always.

As a first time-Gator Classic shooter from Texas joked, as he looked at the comment form in the shooter's package, "My only complaint is that I have no complaints."

Overcame being bummed in a big way by a squib (my first and hopefully last) on the first array of the final stage...I guess I'll weigh all my big match rounds now, instead of just case gauging and calipering the OAL :sick: . That said, RO and forum member Jerry Shepherd's nearly instanteous response saved my Combat Tupperware from a nasty incident before I dropped the striker on the newly racked round...I was in the "hit play and shoot" mode at the time and just racked and reengaged. He get's a case of Corona next time I see him...thanks again, buddy :cheers:

On a brighter note, a third place finish on Stage 8, "Stomping in the Swamp", was my best stage ever and a personal high point I won't soon forget, especially considering first and second place were Matthew Mink and Tony Phan. It's really encouraging to actually hit the zone and have a couple years of work come together and have everything go your way...not capable of doing it all the time, for sure, but this old dog sure enjoyed that part of his day. :)

We had a great squad of shooters. Enjoyed the friendly "battle of C Production" competition with fellow BENOS member and all-around nice guy Hank Ellis and Ron Harris, plus watching Bionic Man and fellow Bayou Techer Blake Miguez unravel the quickest way through each stage, hit "play" at the beep and blaze...inspiring and awesome to watch.

Can't wait for next year and another chorus of thanks to Doc, Barbara and Gary Thibodaux and all the great ROs who made it happen.

Edited by BayouSlide

BayouSlide :cheers: It was good shooting with you, Its nice shooting with a happy group -Thanks-

Some of them "kids".... Sheeeeer make me feel slow

Joke? ...That was no joke = you gotta give us ....Somthing to complain about :blink:

:unsure: Next time I'm gonna show up to shoot though :unsure: well more than just one stage - show up-

Jamie!

a third place finish on Stage 8, "Stomping in the Swamp",

I saw that and thought "Did he light his hair on fire?" Great Run, you'll have to tell me how you shot that one!

Edited by bufit323

The list of folks starting with Doc and the Thibodaux's and so many others made this years Gator Classic one of my favorite matches of 2007.

Organization, great RO's, good food, challenging stage design and a great prize table all came together for a great match.

I met several new shooters and squad 6 had to be the greatest bunch of folks I've met in a while.

Already looking forward to next year.

dj

I had a great time at the Gator 07 and cannot wait till next year. The stages were long and thought out - the match gave you chances to make up mistakes with high round counts but one too many and it was over. The competition was tough for sure, the food was great! and the match staff were wonderful. I cannot say enough good things about this match but if you did not go - YOU REALLY MISSED OUT!! :P

I cannot wait to get there next year!!! Did I say that I cannot wait to get back there? mmm o yea sorry --

Edited by KGentry

a third place finish on Stage 8, "Stomping in the Swamp",

I saw that and thought "Did he light his hair on fire?" Great Run, you'll have to tell me how you shot that one!

You darned well know I don't have enough hair left to burn...though I'd burn the little I have left and my beard besides if I could pull off a run like that on demand :lol:

Ironically, it didn't feel that dramatic...maybe that's the secret, eh. Sussed out the stage pretty well and just did the business. The buzzer went off and the memory tape started running at full speed. No wasted movement, no hesitation, minimized the shooting positions, sights naturally fell on the targets right where I knew they'd be, broke the As, no bone-head mistakes. First stage of the second day and I was eager to shoot. Seemed like the dues had been paid for a long time to finally get to that one stage where you feel you just "got it right" and were able to execute it as well as you were possibly able to. I still remember a few laps like that from my motorcycle roadracing days...sometimes, on a certain day at a certain track, it just clicked and you found "the zone" and it all came together. Those times were few and far between, unfortunately, but you burned to recapture that feeling the next time. And those moments seemed indelibly burned forever into the memory highlight reel. Striving for that perfect lap...or that perfect stage...isn't what keeps us coming back out to the track or the range every Sunday?

Be happy to share the war story with you at the next match---still got that brass of yours in safe keeping, BTW. Considering my "incident", I'll do you a favor and won't reload it for you B)

And a shout-out to AlamoShooter...Would have given you credit by name, Jamie, for that "only complaint is no complaints" comment---shoulda known you were on the forum. By the results, it seemed like you did alright for yourself...you were running that Open blaster well enough to keep me entertained, buddy. You have to remember, to us Production shooters, you Open guys make us "all" look slow.

Here's the 'here are the results' post http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?...mp;#entry641390

Looks like the Central Texas mafia did pretty good.

Must have missed something . I still did not see where the scores were posted on this link. Just wanted to see how some GA Boys faired.

<_< its a link to a link to the Gator Web site

As this being my First Trip to the bayou and the Gator Classic I will say it is NOT the LAST. GREAT STAGES and a SUPER RANGE place this on my MUST SHOOT list. Thanks to all the RO's, Match Sponsors and EVERYONE on Squad 3, THE "CAJUN MAFIA" Squad, It was GREAT meeting and shooting with eveyone!! If you did not attend you MISSED one of the Best Matches of the YEAR.

See everyone next year

Randal

Special thanks to DOC for getting me in at the last minute.

First Gator but not my last. Looking forward to the next one I'll be able to make, maybe 2009. Great people, super range and fantastic match. Thanks to all who made it happen and thanks to the PineyWoods guys who brought me along for a fun time.

Donn

Congrats on the run. From my point-of-view it was great!

Thanks, Ray...I know you're not just being complimentary because I had commented on your sartorial resplendence in your new RO shirt Saturday morning :lol:

Congrats to you as well for your new product sponsorship, BTW.

With all these great reviews of the Gator Classic, we'd better get our entries in earlier next year, eh, lest we locals get shut out of our own match.

Curtis

With all these great reviews of the Gator Classic, we'd better get our entries in earlier next year, eh, lest we locals get shut out of our own match.

Curtis

Curtis, since your name is on page 58 of the Nov/Dec Front Sight as a new RO, they'll have room for you if you sign up as one. :cheers:

Curtis

Curtis, since your name is on page 58 of the Nov/Dec Front Sight as a new RO, they'll have room for you if you sign up as one. :cheers:

I was planning on signing up to RO next year...couldn't help out this year because I had a long-standing prior commitment on Thursday.

Honestly, I was just worried about everyone else :devil:

Curtis

I feel confident saying that the Gator has improved each year that it's been held.

With the Weather being the only uncontrollable factor, the 2008 LAGC will take things up another notch.

Those evaluations you turned in will really help us to focus on areas where we can work harder.

LAGC 2008 is being planned as a Level II Match.

The Quality of this match is the direct result of Gary Thibodaux's Leadership and Commitment to producing the BEST Match Possible. There are at least 50 other individuals who make this match possible, but it's Gary who sets the bar very high for everyone, and accepts nothing less than their best.

LAGC is on it's way. It is the Best Match in the South. The goal is to be the best match in the World.

We've got a lot of work to do!

Thanks to everyone for allowing me to be a part of the match staff again this year.

I had me a good time at dat dere match yea!