Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Eye's

benny hill

Had my surgury on fri. the 1st. Today I'm able to see with 20/20 out to about 100 yds & they said it would be great in about 3 weeks all the way out. Have'nt shot iron sights in YEARS & cannot wait to try it again, watch out kurt old buddy.

Had my surgury on fri. the 1st. Today I'm able to see with 20/20 out to about 100 yds & they said it would be great in about 3 weeks all the way out. Have'nt shot iron sights in YEARS & cannot wait to try it again, watch out kurt old buddy.

Benny,

What about up close? Do you need glasses for reading?

Best money I have ever spent. It is pretty amazing when you no longer have to jack with Glasses, Contacts etc.

+1 to that!! 20/20 in weak eye, 20/15 in strong eye. Life will be magnificently better for you. Serious halo effect with mercury vapor streetlights the first year or so, but damn, I love rolling over and not having to make out with the clock to see it at night!

Yep, great isn't it? Got mine done about 2 years ago. I can't believe more people don't do it. The cost of eye glass replacement and/or contacts and solution the procedure will pay for itself in no time. Have fun with your new "eyes"!

Best money I have ever spent. It is pretty amazing when you no longer have to jack with Glasses, Contacts etc.

+1 to that!! 20/20 in weak eye, 20/15 in strong eye. Life will be magnificently better for you. Serious halo effect with mercury vapor streetlights the first year or so, but damn, I love rolling over and not having to make out with the clock to see it at night!

I was pretty amazed to discover there are horizontal grooves in my front sight!

Bad news, after 4 day's my vision is backsliding to 20/25 in right eye & 20/35 in left. May come back. After 4 weeks I will know for sure. May have to go in for another go at it. Life sucks right now.

I'm looking at getting my eyes done.

A couple of guys at work have had lens implants done due to cataracts and they both rave over the results. But I don't have cataracts. Just crappy vision. Astigmatic, myopic, and 'cause I'm near the finish line of 50, presobia. Currently 20/100 - 20/200 uncorrected.

My other sports include scuba diving. Vision is not a big deal there as long as I can focus on the gauges at elbow length and distance vision is reasonably OK. Skydiving is another passion and even with no near vision correction it works out. As long as I can half way make out what the visual altimeter says, I'm good. My audible altimeter is my primary anyway. Distance vision needs to be there so I can pick out my slot in the formation from quite a distance away.

But getting around my vision in shooting is by far the hardest nut to crack. All of us here know what we need.

So, what I'm asking is ...

Where were you in vision prior to surgery?

Where are you now?

Did you go monocular or correct for distance only?

Yeah, I know that the course of correction will depend on what the doc says but if I have any options I want to make a sound choice.

• 1 month later...