Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

C-More Battery cover

stingerjg

After cracking 2 different battery covers on my C-More's, I decided to do something about it.

I had a friend that works at a machine shop make a cap out of alum.

I havent had any time to take it to the range to try it out, but so far it looks great.

DSCF0855.jpg

DSCF0857.jpg

Just remember where you got the idea (me).

You can re-pay me for the initial idea by sending me one and we can go from there! I'm sure we can make some money on the idea. You can sell them in your area & I can sell them around my area.

We can make a fortune my boy, a fortune I say! :)

Well i used it in a match this last weekend. I had no problems w/ the cap whatsoever. Ill ask the guy that made it if he can make some more. It will prob be a very limited run if at all. But ill ask anyway.

TKJ is right, the Weaver mount plate is removable, at least on the polymer version of the sight. It also looks like there is a plate between the Weaver mount and the C-more itself. In this image I see what looks like a gate on the side which is used in injection molding of plastic. Tell me what you think?

polycmore.jpg

This is the standard, polymer version of the C-More.

alumcmore.jpg

This is the aluminum version of the C-More. Notice it also has knobs on the screws that hold the battery cover in place. To make it easier to change the battery in battle field conditions, without any tools at all. I have a feeling this version was intended for the military but is also being sold to the civilian market as well. Just a guess on my part though.

Joe W.

This came directly from C-More's site. The spacer is for co-witnessing the irons on an AR

The C-MORE Tactical sight mounts to all Colt M-16 / AR-15 rifles and carbines, including the M-4, that utilize a flat top upper receiver. By directly attaching to the upper receivers picatinny rail, the Tactical sight replaces the removable carry handle (if applicable) and also provides a replacement A-3 style rear aperture sight. The Tactical promotes extremely fast target acquisition by eliminating an obstructed field of view and allowing you to shoot with both eyes open in an enhanced peripheral view, while also enabling you to retain the use of your iron sights as a back up system and for longer yardage shots.

According to the Midway USA web site, the standard polymer C-More and the aluminum C-More tip the scales at 5.0 Oz. As for the space, that would explain a lot, to get it to line up with iron sights. They also offer this version which includes a rear sight for an AR.

alumcmorear15sight.jpg

Joe W.

Not quite.

I do recall BJ posting that he saw (or had for sale) an Aluminum model. I'm glad to see that, as I wondered how it would hold up (elasticity-wise) when adjusting the elevation.

??

But, this one appears to be the same length as the others. :(

I'd need it shorter. Which, I think is doable. :surprise:

wide45,

that looks like an interesting design. I saw a mount that oriented the scope the same way but getting to the windage adjustment screw was a pain (slide needed to be removed). this design seems to remedy that. do you have an idea how heavy it is and if the scope itself needs to be modified?

I have only seen the pictures on the website of that unit. Found it while doing research on the sideways mounted C-more. I went with the other one. :mellow:

Posted this here cause it fit in with the battery cover side mount theme. :lol:

seems like a nice attempt to get dot lower but im concerned how its going to block left eyes view

I'm right eye dominant. For me, my sideways mounted C-More does not block left eye. Key is shooting with both eyes open. It does block some vision of the right eye, but the left makes up for it.