Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Techwell singlestack magwell (mini review and pics)

I can't seem to get past the gap in the front.

+1.

The gap has to be there so that most mags will seat. Mine doesn't look that big, and reloading it is like reloading a widebody. The Alumagrips are thin, almost too thin for me. I prefer to build up my SS grips to fit my hands, but the magwell is a homerun for me.

Does anyone have this on their SS & also have a Dawson Ice on their S_I ??

Wondering if the magwell helps seat the heel of either hand into the gun. My Ice contacts the bottom of my support hand really well but I'm wondering if the Techwell sits lower.

If it didn't push my left hand into the gun, i'd probably cut off the front of the Techwell, but that's just me. If you hit a reload into the front-center of the magwell, does it continue on as a smooth reload, or does it slam the top round into the gun's frontstrap?

Either way it looks like a smart idea, good quality. Thanks Byron for the pics.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I tried one of large the Techwells but had a problem - especially after trimming my basepads to fit the box. When seating the magazine my hand got hammered pretty hard. I spoke to Joe at the Blast and he told me the new, slimmer well was in the prototype stages and as soon as one was available he'd put it in the mail. I also wanted to use my Gunner grips so I sent them off too.

The grips and the new magwell arrived yesterday and all I can say is "Outstanding"!

post-3688-1187364341.jpg

post-3688-1187364352.jpg

post-3688-1187364361.jpg

post-3688-1187364371.jpg

post-3688-1187364379.jpg

I tried one of large the Techwells but had a problem - especially after trimming my basepads to fit the box. When seating the magazine my hand got hammered pretty hard. I spoke to Joe at the Blast and he told me the new, slimmer well was in the prototype stages and as soon as one was available he'd put it in the mail. I also wanted to use my Gunner grips so I sent them off too.

The grips and the new magwell arrived yesterday and all I can say is "Outstanding"!

Geez, man -- I'm a huge favor of the forgotten art of conserving bandwidth, but...could you make the photos just a *little* bigger? :)

I'd like to see what the new design looks like, and their website seems to be down.

Thx

I can't seem to get past the gap in the front.

I am with you, why can't they get rid of the gap?

I guess its for the extended base pads. I have the techwell on my single stack and I had to trim a little off the base pads(47DE) to make them fit. Does anyone know if you have to "fit" the Tripp magazines?

Scout454

Could you measure-post the internal diameter of the new (slimline) TechWear magwell?

I have the original one- thinking about shooting SS but original TechWear magwell is just too deep, the Wilson 47's with the extended base pad just disappear in it make the relaoad quiet akward...

A nice comparison would be great, like Merlin did it. (I borrowed your pictures Merlin, thanks ;) ) it could help us a lot to decide which one to get.

I am either getting an SV magwell or the new TechWear if the size is right.

129266435-M.jpg

129266671-M.jpg

You can put the original Tech Wear mag well on a sanding disk and take it down to the point it feels right. After you do it on a sanding disk you can smooth it out with different grades of sandpaper until you like the finish.