Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've posted some information regarding the Hotel for LPR over on the Nationals page. We've contracted with the Holiday Inn Select just off of York for a special rate of $79 per night with hot breakfast for two. It has easy access to the interstate and is close to lots of shopping, dining, etc.

I don't know if you all are aware of this or not, but staying at a match hotel actually helps USPSA. It's just another sign of support for the sport. We have to seek out hotels to give us deals not only for you guys, but to house our staff, hold registration, host the awards ceremonies and member meetings, etc. It helps when you can build up a relationship with these hotels. It also helps if some of the competitors actually book rooms with them. If we don't meet our contracted number of rooms to fill, we have a harder time finding deals and an even harder time convincing hotels to take a chance on us. If we can fill at least 85% of our block then that results in discounts on rooms for staff, banquet facilities and other meeting room or catering needs.

So, just wanted to make you all aware of that, if you weren't already. I'm sure some of you have different, perfectly legitimate reasons for not wanting to stay at the match hotel and that's fine. But maybe advertising for someone who isn't cutting us a break might be a bad idea. Or, if you're indifferent about where you stay, you might as well stay where it will support the match the most.

Thanks!

Kim

• 1 month later...

Well it looks like someone will get my slot cause I just found out I can't make it to my first nationals. Had everything all set hotel reservations and everything but just found out the house we are building will be done a month early. Well maybe next year for me but I hope whoever gets my slot has a great time.

• 2 weeks later...
Any ideas when the stages will be posted?

As soon as they are sanctioned. We are working on making a few changes and cleaning them up.

Troy

WAITING LIST QUESTION???

With a month to go before the Lim/Prod Nationals, does anyone know what are realistic expectations to get off the waiting list (#27) with enough time to make reasonable flight and hotel accomodations?

I know some folks walk in the day of the match and get a slot, but not having that luxury, do we lose our deposit if the call comes too late to make appropriate arrangements? It's a long and expensive trip to make without some decent lead time.

I invited a group of people from the wait list today, including you, Jim. There have been some dropouts, people unable to claim wait list positions, etc. Please, please, please check your email and classification record for your invite if you've been expecting one.

Thanks!

Kim

When will the squadding be up?

Squadding won't be up for awhile yet. We're still waiting for wait list folks to return or claim or whatever their slots and we can't do it until we've got all the squad requests back. We'll do it when the match gets a little closer, probably near the end of the month.

Kim

Finally got a room.

However, the match hotel told me that I couldn't get a room the night of the 8th because they are full. I could get one for check in on the 9th but who wants to drive in, check in and then shoot the same day.

That's too bad. But, I got closer to the range anyway.

Chris