Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I'm shooting Friday and working Saturday. DougC is riding down with me in the morning. Garrity and two bottom-feeders are staying here Friday night and shooting Saturday. Pskys2 is coming up from Kansas to shoot Friday. Quite a few revolvers for a sectional. Should be a good shooting match in pretty much every division.

Better get to bed!

Great match, I want to thank those three RO's who worked the two stages in the woods. What a mud pit.

HUGE +1 to this. i cant remember all thier names, but i know Chris Zeeb was one of the ROs. i thought i was going to loose my shoes in that mud :wacko:

Great match, I want to thank those three RO's who worked the two stages in the woods. What a mud pit.

HUGE +1 to this. i cant remember all thier names, but i know Chris Zeeb was one of the ROs. i thought i was going to loose my shoes in that mud :wacko:

I'll second this one. I was lucky enough to be stationed as an RO on Bay 3, since I was involved in building those stages. By the way, the two woods stages came precariously close to being thrown out of the match. Some might have preferred that :) but then again, it wouldn't really be an Osceola Iowa sectional without the Rambo woods stages, would it? Walk a few hundred yards past those back targets in the woods and you will have entered "The Valley That Time Forgot." God only knows what lives down in there, but I can tell you I have personally witnessed live Pterodactyls swooping back and forth down there. It's a very strange place.

I was lucky enough to RO Bay 2 with 2 good guys.

Thanks everyone for not beating us up too bad. It the first sectional match RO'ing job for all three of us, and it probably showed. We were worried about someone doing a bad thing exiting the van, but it never happened.

Stage Four was a great one. It was very tough to shoot, but fun also. I would suggest measuring that one out and sending it in for National use. At least measure it out and post it on the club website for the rest of us to steal it.

I had a blast shooting through on Friday with squads 3 & 4. Learned a lot from all of you.

Now if you would all just start shooting wheelies! Manny almost committed to getting one..... almost,... I think.

Ah the woods.......one can only compare it to "The gorge of eternal peril" (Always good to have a Monty Python reference).

Great match....so many memories...The off and on monsoon.......The mud pit in the woods(Great job out there Brad Wade and friends)......the RO on Stage 1/2 who called me Les Wersman (I"ll never live that one down)....getting my holster snagged on the van door on Stage 3 and my belt coming off......seeing Rutherford scoot around on his daughters ATV(Malibu Barbi sold separately).....almost running out of ammo........too many mikes to ponder on a 4.5 hour drive home.........what else can I say??........SEE YOU NEXT YEAR :D

Ah the woods.......one can only compare it to "The gorge of eternal peril" (Always good to have a Monty Python reference).

Great match....so many memories...The off and on monsoon.......The mud pit in the woods(Great job out there Brad Wade and friends)......the RO on Stage 1/2 who called me Les Wersman (I"ll never live that one down)....getting my holster snagged on the van door on Stage 3 and my belt coming off......seeing Rutherford scoot around on his daughters ATV(Malibu Barbi sold separately).....almost running out of ammo........too many mikes to ponder on a 4.5 hour drive home.........what else can I say??........SEE YOU NEXT YEAR :D

Ahh yes I did butcher a few names; I knew something was up when the entire squad was looking at me like I had started speaking Klingon. We had a great bunch of shooters and I met a lot fantastic competitors. Big thanks out to Ralph for taking pity on an RO who overslept and left his rain gear at home, by gifting me with a disposable poncho. I was never happier to see an oversize plastic bag.

Brad Wade and Pat Sullivan were the other two down there. We made the best out of that area down there and had a good time!!! It was certainly made easier by all of the shooters spreading out right away to get down and tape the targets. I was especially thankful for all the shooters that came down there with a positive attitude even though the conditions were less than favorable.

Still trying to get all of the mud out of my shoes!

Nice to see at least four father/son teams. Sipe, Greenfield, Tappe and another father/son combination from Minnesota. If the results were posted I could find thier names. Hint Hint. Watching Ben shoot for the first time was a joy in itself. Wally World white box and a Berretta....who would have thought

Nice to see at least four father/son teams. Sipe, Greenfield, Tappe and another father/son combination from Minnesota. If the results were posted I could find thier names. Hint Hint. Watching Ben shoot for the first time was a joy in itself. Wally World white box and a Berretta....who would have thought

Yeah just imagine if he was using a real gun and some nice reloads...............