Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Whats the best trigger for G34

Bluemax29

This has been a hot topic lately, if you do a quick search you'll prob find tons of info........that being said-- Vanek, Sotelo, and now Glockworx seem to be the latest greatest.

Hope that helps, and I'm sure you'll get lots more replies too.

-Mike

I only have experience with the Sotelo and Vanek. Both seem to be good. The differences I have seen are:

1) Vanek is smooth all the way through. no bunching before break. Vanek break with a "surprise"

2) Sotelo has some take up then breaks. It breaks easily.

3) Sotelo seems to be overall lighter.

I don't have enough rounds though the Sotelo to discuss durability. The Vanek has about 10k rounds through it and with the orginal springs it is still a trooper.

I just ordered a GlockWorx kit this afternoon. I'll be able to report on it after this week. I have two Sotelo kits and a Vanek. The Vanek is far superior to the Sotelo IMO but at a greater expense. For what the Sotelo kit costs.....its hard to beat. I've heard all positive about the new GlockWorx kits but there spamming ways of advertising lately on several forums have been less than acceptable. I did go ahead and get the kit to give it a run now that I'm feet first into competing with my Glocks again. The big difference between the Vanek and Sotelo is the smoothness with less overtravel. You get what extra you pay for the Vanek over the Sotelo if that helps. The addition of a lightweight steel or Ti striker make a huge difference with any of the kits also. Probably another half pound reduction with a crisper break. I have a factory lightened striker,a LS steel and an LS Ti. The LS Ti is the best trigger and has been durable for me. Others report the lug shearing off and the nose of the striker breaking off. I have been lucky so far but do keep a spare just in case. I have had 0 issues with the LS lightened steel as well but it is new and only has 1000 rounds on it. The Ti probably has 7-8000 rounds on it and has cycled through a couple different guns.

Edited by 00bullitt

Vanek is my number one choice for drop in and fitted since all of his triggers have given me excellent results over the years. Sotelos trigger worked rather well for me in a 3gen frame but it would not reset properly in a 2nd and 1st gen frame. I have not had that experience with those frames with either version of the Vanek.

Having said all that though I have recently purchased two (I.e. G34 and G35) GlockWORX triggers and have tested it last week in a G35. It worked rather well but I havent tested it thoroughly enough to give it an unconditional recommendation like I do with Vanek.

Edited by ryucasta

Thanks for the input guys. I'm setting this gun up for USPSA Production class. If anyone has any other suggestions as far as sights, loads or barrel I would appreciate the input.

For Prod? My suggestion remains the same. If you want my opinion on a barrel, I'm going to tell you to save your money for important things like ammo and match fees ;)

I am using Charlie Vanek's drop-in kit for my G34 in Production Class - it is great. I am not the best gunsmith and I called and Charlie personally talked me through installation.

Charlie is a great guy and has a great setup. I was having some high primer issues and it was not setting off my rounds w/ Charlie's drop in, but it was not Charlie's fault. In fact, he walked me thru numerous things to check to fix it. However, since that, I switched back to the stock Glock trigger striker spring for a few weeks to prepare for a match and ended up doing my best w/ the stock striker spring and heavier pull. Go figure.

I currently use Charlie's plunger, trigger bar, connector and spring cups, but stock spring and it will set off anything. For some odd reason, Ive really learned how to shoot that heavier stock trigger better than the light ones.

The learning process is strange sometimes and doesn't make any sense.

Vanek is great for a drop in. I have one in my G34 production gun. But it does not compare to the S & J Custom competition trigger in my S & J Stealth open gun. Problem here is that you have to send your gun to S & J for the work.

Yesterday I removed my Sotelo trigger kit and installed a Vanek #1 kit in my G34. This was done after reading all the good things members had to say about the Vanek kits. I have to say dealing was Charlie was very easy and shipping was fast. After an hour of dryfire last night I am very happy with this new trigger kit.