Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How do you keep loaded moonclips in your range bag

BillD

Is it OK to just put them in a box or something in the range bag? Do the clips bend easily? Is there a better way to carry them back and forth to the range?

New to a 625 and trying to figure it all out.

Thanks for the help.

I use a Dillion border shift ammo bag for moonclips it save sifting through looking for full clips havent hade any problems with bent clips

Steve

How do you keep loaded moonclips in your range bag?

Closing the zipper on the bag usually keeps the little guys from escaping. The zipper is on a Dillon border shift bag. :P

Tom

A Sterilite $0.99 shoe box fits in my range bag's main compartment. I made a contraption to fit the shoe box to keep the clips stacked in 3's. 3 x 18

Check it out

post-2776-1179064502.jpg

post-2776-1179064517.jpg

I just purchased the Plano 3730 and it will hold 66 loaded moonclips.

Thanks for the info.

Pic, please?

Hot off the camera.

366rds ready to go.

Forgot to add she's heavy.

HPIM0745.jpg

HPIM0744.jpg

Edited by RePete

The black plastic bullet boxed Berry Bullets come in will fit 14 40S&W moonclips very nicely. Seven pointed down and Seven point up on top of those. And there is enough height to handle them even if you load them out to 10mm length. Nice and compact.

mcb

I'm using an old cardboard box bullet box. [Free] First row of clips goes in bullets down, 2nd row is bullets up, nestled into the rounded gaps between adjacent clips of the first row. 3rd and 4th rows repeat the pattern. Second layer just like the first. I got 30 moonclips in the 7" L x 4-1/2" W x 3-1/2" H box, and it doesn't take Arnold Schwarzenegger to lift it. The 180 rounds are plenty for a 5 stage club match.