Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mag Pouches For USPSA Production

What is the best mag pouch/s for production? I'm thinking the best setup might be 2 doubles and a single but I can't decide which ones would be the fastest. I'm using some old ugly ones right now but I can't go to the FGNs and not look good. :)

I really like the Bladetech pouches, either singles or doubles.  They're very fast and the new tec-lock system offers all the advantages of a paddle coupled with the security of normal slide on the belt mounting.  Blade-teck is at http://www.blade-tech.com.  However, our local GM uses Safariland 771 or 773 pouches straight up in the appropriate position ----- so if you already have some of those....

(Edited by Nik Habicht at 1:00 pm on May 8, 2002)

I presently use two double Fobus pouches and one of the cheap single Glock holders in the middle of my back.  The Glock has a very wide belt loop arrangement that can be clipped so the holder can be canted to make for easier access.  In shooting most matches I've found many times when I've needed 4 mags, and just felt more comfortable with five.  I hope since the FGNs are low cap, it won't be necessary to carry so many mags.

I just started playing in production. I tried the blade tech, fobus and blackhawk. I'm going to use the 771 Safariland. The mags seem to come out much faster and smoother. Since the rules only address the holster why waste money on something new. I does really suck trying to reach way, way back for that 5th mag on the 42 round assault course!!

• 2 months later...