Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Texas Summer Shoot Out!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come one weather gods, hold out just a little bit! Scott and I are leaving here in about another hour. Be nice to not have to drive all that way in the rain...

I'll be tempting fate at this match. Using my new blaster that I've had for all of one week, but I've got faith...

210 huh? Sounds good to me. Get me ready for 1st Sat in July. Four stages, 180 rounds. COME ON!!

Hello, This is Horacio "Neo" Canales from down in McAllen.

There are two of us who were wondering if you received our registrations.

Me and another fellow named Roland Villarreal, he's from Edinburg.

Neo, I was just scanning the registrations and both yours and Roland's registrations were received and you're in the "big show". It's Saturday noon time and the rain god is still having mercy on us. Tomorrow should be a great fun time.

Shot the Texas Summer Shootout today. Bright sunny day, although it looked like rain may have been on the way when we finished the last stage. Fun challenging stages, a great day of shooting.

We were on a great squad, shooters from Corpus, Laredo, San Antonio, Austin and ??? What a great bunch of guys.

Edited by CenTX

Hello: For my first real out of town USPSA event it was great. The stages were like nothing I have ever shot before. The bridge was great although I did not shoot it very well. I want to thank all the guys in squad 2 for putting up with me. I will be back. Thanks, Eric

Typically results get posted Tuesday afternoon. With this being a "shoot for the money" match it may be a little longer as I expect there will be additional care/checking to ensure placings are correct. Checks will be mailed out to the winners. Fun match, great people, good weather. Thanks to all for coming!

Bridge was cool, but I gotta say I liked the jail cell stage and the shoot under the wall stages better. Too bad about jail cell one, though. :angry2:

Good match, I'll be back next time. Only next time I'm bringing a dune buggy of some sort to get from the road to the range via the goat trail. :blink: Glad we took Scott's truck and not my car. I think we'd have been trying to thumb a ride into the range...

BTW!!! We gotta change Benny's tag line from mr. modest to something like mr. magnet. Get him to fill you in on the details...

Edited by ken hebert

Yeah, the jail was awesome! Drag that it got thrown out....what exactly happened there? When our squad got there the briefing was already modified and we shot it as though you had to have one of the props on you for every shot. Did some shoot it where you could drop the props off before shooting?

+1 on the off roadin' to get to the match! Glad I drove the truck instead of my wife's car!!

trodrig

Our squad was the second to shoot that stage and we shot it with a prop on your person for every shot fired. Dropped the prybar in my front left pocket and put the money bag between my body and my last mags. Worked great. Wish we'd have got to choose which stage to drop ourselves, as my shok buff went to pieces in the one with the two ports/two swingers. Was watching my slide cycle, slowly! Think it turned into a 20 second run, should've been about 15. Oh well, still was a great match.

Ken was talking about when I shot the bridge stage. Turned & shot 2 targets & than the large popper. As I dinged the popper I felt a hard blow to my left elbow & had my support hand knocked from my gun. After curseing a bit I relized the bullet had come back & knocked the shit out of my arm. Finished the stage, looked at my torn open elbow puffed up & blood running down my arm. Though it was still in me but turned out it was not. Went home & let hank, my jack russel, lick it clean & it's great today. Just glad it wasn't in the teeth, that would have sucked.

Honestly, the best part of the match was the aftermatch meal on the way home. We stopped at small obscure place and well, a picture is worth a thousand words...

I'll nominate her for this year's Production/Limited/Revolver USPSA Nationals Shooter Services team in Tulsa.

She would definately fit right in!

Edited by joseywales

I have to echo what's already been said. Great match and a great squad! It was fun to meet the Corpus crew that I read about so much in here.

Thanks River City folks! I know that was a lot of work to put together. Looking forward to seeing the results.

John

The results will be up shortly - it is taking more time than it should due to most of the score sheets coming in incompleted - not added up and missing information - you know - the regular stuff ;)

I want to thank everyone who came out to the match we had a great time - I just wish I could have caught the fact my scope mount came loose 3 stages earlier than I did!!!! :wacko:

Honestly, the best part of the match was the aftermatch meal on the way home. We stopped at small obscure place and well, a picture is worth a thousand words...

Cool pic. B)

Is that your daughter, you old fart? ;)

-Chet