Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

.308 Bullpup Rifle From Kel Tec

Middle Man

My understanding is that the bolt is V shaped and it pushes the the case into the ejection tube. Cases in the tube are pushed forward by the ones behind it. It seems strange but I don't think they are the only ones to use such a concept. The FN2000 and a couple of others use the same idea which allows for ambi controls without worrying about having brass thrown in your face.

I looked it over at SHOT 07, and it is definately different. IF (big if) the long-barrelled version was accurate enough it could be a good semi-auto sniper - block the ejection tube, fire 3-4 shots, and leave without having to pick up your brass. ;)

I like the ejection concept, but I wish it was a little more positive. In a combat situation, it would be very obvious your gun was empty when you tilt the gun to reload and 4 rounds of brass fall out the front. Almost as bad as the "Ping" sound of an M1 Garand clip

Swede

a guy came out to the range with the new FN bullpup rifle with the same ejection port arrangement. I didn't like it, ejection seemed weak, the whole rifle felt like a airsoft. way too much plastic for me.

This is the second or third time that I have seen this type of ejection design and I have no problem with the thought that the empty is placed in a tube instead of being tossed out immediately.

My question is what you do in case of a jam?

What happens if the shell does not get under the extractor so that ou can cycle it out manually?

With no ejection port, you probably have to field strip the rifle to clear the jam. Not exactly my idea of user friendly, regardless of how reliable it is.

The whole point in having that type of ejection is so you can shoot the gun weakside.

In previous bullpups the ejection port was near your head. So if you wanted to shoot weakside (disabled strong hand, wanted to maximize cover around a corner, etc) with a traditional bullpup... you really couldn't. The empties or even the bolt handle would tear up your face.

a guy came out to the range with the new FN bullpup rifle with the same ejection port arrangement. I didn't like it, ejection seemed weak, the whole rifle felt like a airsoft. way too much plastic for me.

Shot one of those this past weekend too. It was an odd arrangement, but fun to shoot on close in targets. The FN really, really needed a different place to put your off hand.

Shot one of those this past weekend too. It was an odd arrangement, but fun to shoot on close in targets. The FN really, really needed a different place to put your off hand.

Since it was my FS-2000 Middle Man was shooting I thought I had to pop in on this thread and say hi... :D

As to the jam comment... The FS-2000 has a "inspection port" on top of the reciever that gives you some access to the chamber (under a closed hatch). Not sure if the Keltech has the same system if not it should. I had one double feed in the FS-2000 from a bad mag, which due to the inspection port was no harder to clear than the same problem from my AR...

/Thread Drift ON/

As to the FS200 ,Yes it is strange, yes it needs a vert foregrip or something to give your weak hand a good place to be, and the sights suck... With a C-more mounted, however, it is wickedly fast on close targets due to there being almost no weight out at the end of the rifle.

/Thread Drift OFF/

Peter