Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Match Clothing

Mick

I don't go to the mall much anymore but camo seems to be the current fad.

When Victoria's Secret make a camo bra I'll know for sure we can wear camo on the range to shoot matches, right??

I don't go to the mall much anymore but camo seems to be the current fad.

When Victoria's Secret make a camo bra I'll know for sure we can wear camo on the range to shoot matches, right??

Looks like pretty much everyone except Victoria's Secret already makes one!

A Google for " camo bra " has 619,000 hits. :blink:

And Victoria's secret MAY actually make a camo bra. They do make camo skirts and tshirts which are easy enough to find on their website. I didn't have the stamina to browse the many hundreds of bra styles ... Hmm that didn't sound right.

We have a dress code at IPSC matches in Sweden, no military or law enforcment garments allowed unless you belong to one or the other force, in which case you must wear the complete uniform according to regulations.

This makes finding shooting outfit's (especially trousers) a bit harder than it needs to be, since almost everything in that line is some kind of camo these days, be it Desert or the very popular Urban camo pattern.

Some of us just use work clothing, such as "Snickers" trousers for the handyman, with special pockets for optional knee pad inserts and lots of pockets for everything else.

I always thought the purpose of "camo" was to make something "less noticeable".

Seems sorta contrary to the purpose of most lingerie...

Of course.... perhaps I might suggest the ladies skip past the "camo", and go right straight to "stealthy"... high-speed, low-drag, black bras... seems ever so much more "tactical", doesn't it?

B)

I always thought the purpose of "camo" was to make something "less noticeable".

Seems sorta contrary to the purpose of most lingerie...

Of course.... perhaps I might suggest the ladies skip past the "camo", and go right straight to "stealthy"... high-speed, low-drag, black bras... seems ever so much more "tactical", doesn't it?

B)

Bruce----Remember we are talking bras here. The purpose of most stealth technology is to

REDUCE the radar cross-section. Seems kind of counter-productive given the application.

Bill

B)

If you really want a bra that is going to look good, be tactical but more importantly help you shoot better, it MUST be BLACK, have FASTEX BUCKLES for hardware, and be adjusted for size using VELCRO! This is the key to being HIGHSPEED! Ooops, I wasnt supposed to let that out! :D

What are you guys talking about is this the IDPA forum???? people trying to look tactical with BDU type cammie's is strictly prohibited in the rule book even if not enforced most places... do you want to be the one it's enforced on??? or give the sport any more of a crazy killer look :)

your best shopping at a golf store. :) hehe. golf with guns.. isn't that what we do?

seriously. 5.11's are ok... sig tac are super comfy and woolrich elite is making some stuff now. Columbia something makes some zip off pant's I'd love to try.

What are you guys talking about is this the IDPA forum???? people trying to look tactical with BDU type cammie's is strictly prohibited in the rule book even if not enforced most places... do you want to be the one it's enforced on??? or give the sport any more of a crazy killer look :)

Irony aside, its worth noting that the rule book does not prohibit cammo, and certainly not strictly. The wording of 5.3.1 is "The use of camouflage or other similar types of military or police garments is discouraged." Discouraged is not prohibited.

I just heard on the news that a "militia" group was just nabbed before they could carry out some evil plan.

Please...don't wear any camo to matches this weekend. The last thing we need is to get associated with the questionable militias if a news crew shows up at the range gate.

I like wearing my Titleist hat to matches large and small. Much to my delight it drives one unnamed GM to make comments to me. Ah...all in fun...where would this sport be if we cannot poke fun at one another. As for fast size adjusting velcro....I've had my eye on those geriatric golf shoes at Dick's....I wonder if I can ditch my soft-spikes and go back to my metal spikes now!

:D We should probably provide a list of fashion Do's and Don'ts for USPSA matches... :D

• While it's technically okay to wear a camo-bra, men should wear something over the top of it.
  • For men, if you can't see your feet when you look down then don't wear Under Armor.
  • For women, if you can't see your feet when you look down then wear Under Armor.
  • There's a reason that Speedo's don't have belt loops, nuff said !
  • For women, a partially exposed cleavage is hot... a spent case trapped in the aforementioned cleavage is REALLY HOT !!
  • Daisy Duke shorts should only be worn by Daisy, or women in general, or women in a General Lee.
  • Don't wear any slogans that you wouldn't want your children to read.

Any more...?