Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Patrick Kelley's Front Sight Photo !

AikiDale

Patrick was putting his remote camera in some pretty hazardous locations at the Glock championships this past weekend. "That's my cheapest downrange camera, so I can put it in good spots" he said. He's definately got an eye for it.

post-2671-1177379384.jpg

How this for a fast transtion. Last two shots in the air as Darrion (sp?) moves to the next port!

It was great to shoot with you hot rods!

I am really sorry for the low quality photos I was running on four hours sleep after driving 6 hours to the match and did not have my gear set up correctly.

In my best bullwinkle "next time for sure"

Patrick

I don't have my finger inside the trigger guard when the gun is not "on aim" towards a target. In the El Prez, where we aim towards the next target when transiting between targets, I don't have a problem with it, not the rules either.

I have no idea of how far away the next target is, but judging by where the shooter is looking he's clearly not aiming at anything when the pic' is taken.

AND I know that we are talking about the hundred of a second time frame before the shooter in question actually clears his finger off the trigger and it's probably not much more of time after he actually WAS aiming and engaging a target, the gun is also pointing down range and so on, but my point is that however fascinating a pic of us shooting may be, it always makes feel a bit sad when I see shooters published in situations that are against the safety rules.

And that happens quite often. The shooters are probably not unsafe but the picture makes it look that way, beacuse it freezes a movement. And bad publicity is always just waiting for someone to find and exploit it.

I'm sorry if this makes me a sour puss and grumpy old fart, that's not my goal or intention, but I am a safety sensitive old fart... <_<

Rising Sight. That photo was taken at the Idaho State Glock Match. Hence the Glock in Darrion's hands. What he shoots the rest of the time I don't know.

Roger T,

Perhaps you have a point. But I bet my camera would find many things YOU might consider unsafe while you are shooting.

For what it is worth Darrion is IN a shooting area with targets available. I have yet to find a rule that says you MUST be looking at the target you are or going to engage. For all the viewer knows he might be in the process of breaking another Alpha exactly where the muzzle is pointed.

Let us not get to concerned with what WE think is happening in a captured moment of time.

Nothing unsafe here.

Patrick

The finger could also be on the way OUT of the trigger guard. The pic appears to have been taken before gravity even had a chance to grab his last piece of brass, so you might want to ease up on the shooter.....

Let us not get to concerned with what WE think is happening in a captured moment of time.

Nothing unsafe here.

Patrick

I shoot with Darrion almost every week. He's as safe as any of the safest shooters in the section. In fact to my knowledge...I don't think he's ever DQ'd a match.

Regarding not looking where you're engaging/shooting. 100% correct. There's nothing that requires a shooter to look where they're shooting. While I was RO'ing at Area 1 a couple years ago, there was an array of low targets over a wall that the shooters had to engage. One of the hot-shot guys came through and blasted both targets with 2 rounds each and then looked to where he was going with his gun still pointed down toward the two targets.....and fired a round. I thought about it for half a second and that was it. Did he intend to do that? I don't know. Was he "engaging the targets"....could be. Did his round hit the target...nope..missed it. If I issued a DQ...would it stand? Not a chance!

Hmmmm..... Two points:

1. Anyone who has read the rule book knows video and photographic evidence is not allowed. ;)

2. This thread is supposed to be about how cool are Patrick's photo's of lead splattering on steel plates as depicted in the current issue of Front Sight. Where's that "Administrator" when you need one???? :D

Those of you who still don't have your issue of Front Sight are excused. :)

2. This thread is supposed to be about how cool are Patrick's photo's of lead splattering on steel plates as depicted in the current issue of Front Sight. Where's that "Administrator" when you need one???? :D

He often tries to quietly steer some of these threads back on topic when he can. B)

Hey...anybody had made any good salsa lately ???