Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2007 Ft Benning 3 Gun Match

Well three guys I know from my area got on the waiting list and all got in. So the waiting list is a good thing. You never know what is going to come up and cause someone to have to pull out.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hate to interrupt the guessing games, but I just responded to the 5th email message about "is the match full yet?" and "any slots left?"

Here is the form letter:

I honestly don't know!

Got 35 applications today postmarked May 1st but all were from NC, SC & GA (one from north FL). Expect to get more with May 1st postmarks tomorrow (Midwest & rest of southern states plus Northeast). Points west, especially California, Oregon & Washington state may not be here until Saturday.

I will confirm all May 1st applications before I start on May 2nd applications. At this rate, the earliest confirmation I send out will be Saturday - maybe Friday late.

Once the match is full, I will start a waiting list. Last year, all 32 people who were on the waiting list were able to shoot the match. I hold the checks for the waiting list shooters, and don't deposit them until I can confirm you into the match. (this would be a good spot for testimonials from anyone on last year's waiting list . . .hint, hint). I update the shooters on the waiting list frequently and especially if their position on the list changes.

If you don't get in, I return your check. There is no way to lose by sending in an application and check. If you later have to withdraw, you get a full refund.

I DO know, if I don't have a check and application from you, you definitely won't get a slot.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2007 Ft Benning 3 Gun Statistician

Hate to interrupt the guessing games, but I just responded to the 5th email message about "is the match full yet?" and "any slots left?"

Here is the form letter:

I honestly don't know!

Got 35 applications today postmarked May 1st but all were from NC, SC & GA (one from north FL). Expect to get more with May 1st postmarks tomorrow (Midwest & rest of southern states plus Northeast). Points west, especially California, Oregon & Washington state may not be here until Saturday.

I will confirm all May 1st applications before I start on May 2nd applications. At this rate, the earliest confirmation I send out will be Saturday - maybe Friday late.

Once the match is full, I will start a waiting list. Last year, all 32 people who were on the waiting list were able to shoot the match. I hold the checks for the waiting list shooters, and don't deposit them until I can confirm you into the match. (this would be a good spot for testimonials from anyone on last year's waiting list . . .hint, hint). I update the shooters on the waiting list frequently and especially if their position on the list changes.

If you don't get in, I return your check. There is no way to lose by sending in an application and check. If you later have to withdraw, you get a full refund.

I DO know, if I don't have a check and application from you, you definitely won't get a slot.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Have you sent out the confirmation emails yet? Does the 35 include those envelopes with multiple entries?

<content snipped>

I will confirm all May 1st applications before I start on May 2nd applications. At this rate, the earliest confirmation I send out will be Saturday - maybe Friday late. <emphasis added>

Once the match is full, I will start a waiting list. <more content snipped>

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Have you sent out the confirmation emails yet? Does the 35 include those envelopes with multiple entries?

As noted, I don't plan to confirm shooters who live within a 2 state radius, before I get the applications from the west coast.

I am counting applications not envelopes.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

75 applications today -- added to the 35 yesterday -- puts me at 110. Applications today came from Colorado, most of Texas and Minnesota (plus everywhere east of those areas).

None yet from Arizona, Nevada, or the Pacific coast states (and I know they are coming). I suspect if you mailed the application on May 2nd, you will be on a waiting list.

For those who asked about the rules on the web site (they still say 2006), I am waiting for a message from Jeff Cramblit. Some minor changes are planned. Under consideration is allowing any single A or B hit to neutralize a target (as opposed to only A hits last year).

As soon as this is finalized I will post here & notify everyone who is confirmed into the match, as well as the waiting list.

I am seriously drowning in paperwork! :ph34r:

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Hey Linda....how does it work if you get a ton tomorrow from New Mexico, Arizona, Utah, etc? If they exceed the 150, how do you decide who is in and who is out? (OK, so I have a personal stake in this answer :)...) I mailed mine at the Post Office at 12:30 AM on May 1...Guess it takes longer from out here....

Fingers, toes, legs and eyes crossed!!

Cheryl :)

Edited by ccur

Hey Linda....how does it work if you get a ton tomorrow from New Mexico, Arizona, Utah, etc? If they exceed the 150, how do you decide who is in and who is out? (OK, so I have a personal stake in this answer :)...) I mailed mine at the Post Office at 12:30 AM on May 1...Guess it takes longer from out here....

Fingers, toes, legs and eyes crossed!!

Cheryl :)

Got 37 Applications today (a total of 147 postmarked earlier than May 2nd). Have started to get some for May 2 & 3. Those shooters will definitely get messages that they can be on the waiting list.

On the subject of how to decide, since May 1st applications are running 15 - 17 over the amount I can confirm into the match:

Unfortunately, there is going to be a pretty stiff penalty for failure to read & follow instructions. I got 5 applications postmarked April 30. It was pretty clear that May 1 was the first day you could send in an application unless you were staff at last year's match. And to be fair to the 142 shooters who got it right, those 5 will be at the back of the waiting list.

3 shooters did not include an email address. The application said I "must'" have an email address. I don't care if you sent your neighbor's, your grandson's or your best shooting buddy's email address. If it was left blank, you will be on the waiting list.

There are a few checks made payable to "Ft. Benning 3 Gun" (and one to "Linda Chico") instead of 'Brinson Range Marksmanship Committee' as the application specified. One shooter forgot to select a division. A handful sent the checks made payable for the wrong amount.

I hate to be harsh - but I need to have a way to whittle down the numbers. Errors on your application or check will put you on the waiting list.

Again, still need to sort through it all. Hope to start sending confirmations Saturday night.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

I have started sending out confirmations. Please be patient. I am at a hotel where the idea of high speed Internet is 1 Mps. :( At home I have 50 or higher. I am having to send out batches of ten at a time. You will get it tonight if you are in.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Everyone who sent in an application on May 1 (without an error on it) got a confirmation note. I may be confirming 3 or 4 more. I sent it to the email address you provided on the application.

Waiting List info will post in a few days.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Edited off this thread because Russell's sponsorship question was answered via email off forum. To all others, please address sponsorship questions to SFC Aaron Hampton. His email address is on the match website.

Thanks

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Edited by LChico

• 3 weeks later...

Everyone who is confirmed for the match has gotten a preliminary email letting them know they are in. Everyone on the waiting list was sent an email telling them where they are on the waiting list, and a realistic assessment of their chances of getting into the match. There are currently 64 names on the waiting list.

All Friday & Saturday-Sunday slots for paid shooters are full. We have some slots reserved for sponsored shooters & SFC Aaron Hampton will let me know which sponsors qualify for slots.

We have all the match staff we need at this point. I am willing to consider a few people as 'waiting list ' match staff (shoot Friday & work Sat & Sunday). If you are interested, email me off forum LChico@msn.com and include a phone number.

I had hoped to post the updated 2007 rules on the website by now. There will only be 3 differences from the 2006 rules that are currently posted:

1. Stages will be worth 100 points (not 200 points like in 2006)
  2. We will recognize Trooper Class as a Category (like Senior or Military)
  3. Any A or B zone hit on a Target will neutralize the target (last year only A zones hits neutralized a target)

I had hoped to send out confirmation letters with details like hotels, required forms, etc., but I am waiting for the AMU to finalize the hotel contract. The hotel selected is pretty important, because we will require that they accept shipped ammo. We are also trying to negotiate the best price for our group. Once I have the rest of the information I need, I will get the official confirmation letters out to those who were notified that they are in the match.

Thanks for your patience

Linda Chico (L-2035)

• 2 weeks later...

Website now has updated rules, hotel & other information.

Sent the confirmation letter draft to Aaron Hampton for approval & hope to get it out to everyone in the match by tomorrow. Also, some shooters on the waiting list (22 & higher) will be getting updated numbers tomorrow.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

• 1 month later...

Hello all! Since the challenge is growing near I thought I would drop a quick note on the progress of the match. Everything is going GREAT! We have selected the stages and if you even sort of enjoyed last year this year will knock your socks off. The sponsors have been even more generous than last year, and that is saying ALOT!

As is customary I will add a match teaser, there WILL be bonus options, but we have revamped the system to insure it is not only worth it but also not a deciding factor in the stage. Last year we worked hard to insure the bonuses would not determine the match, based on the results our efforts paid off. This year we have developed a way to force the use of a prop, make proper use and there is a payoff BUT we took luck out of the equation. Without giving too much away, I think most of you will like the concept. The stages are more amazing, the shooting will be difficult at times, but mostly from a technical perspective. There will be a physical aspect, but it will not determine the winner. You will need to be a well rounded shooter, and use your head, not much memory but there are 9 problems to solve. The match book will be posted 30 days out it will give you a good idea of 8 stages, one is "Classified". There will be some COOL Army gear to complete each scenario with, all will be FUN but some will eat your lunch! We have an amazing crew for staff and stats, most are returning from last year! We are using two off site ranges in order to extend the LR portion and offer some new Challenges. There will be a "do-over" of a prop, the parachute will be in play, there will be another boat, you will shoot some cool guy stuff, someone will have the time of there life, someone will hate everything about the match, and finally there will be a medevac on standby (not DH).

A big thank you goes out to our match sponsors, all of whom will be listed on the web-site very soon. I hate to list them now because I am sure I will leave some out but here goes. Our major match sponsors are DPMS and Sabre Defence, could not ask for more support!

The banquet is partly sponsored by ION Bond, thanks!

In no particular order, a huge thanks goes out to our Gold, stage, and other sponsors. All of these sponsors went above and beyond, I urge you all to support those that support our sport!

JP Enterprises

Bushmaster

Remington Military

Smith and Wesson

Glock USA

Springfield Armory

DS Arms

H&K

Caspian

Cav Arms

Para Ordnance

Nordic Components

BlackHawk!

CMMG

LaRue Tactical

Spec Ops Gear

Brownells

Tech Wear

Leupold

Trijicon

EO Tech

Benny Hill

SureFire

Kershaw Knives

Barret Rifles

Original S.W.A.T.

Polaris Defense

There are allot of others pending, and I thank you in advance for the generous donations I am sure you will make! I will add other sponsors to this thread as they come on board because they truly make a good match GREAT!

For now I will log out and hope the speculation continues. I hope you are ready for a great challenge!

P.S. Maybe we will do that whole score thing this year! :cheers:

Hamp

Part Time MD :mellow:

Edited by BigHamp

As regards tromping around the wonderful range on Ft. Benning, can anyone tell me how to get Trooper Class/Division info? tks. ANYTHING/WEBSITES etc. offering more info than 6.8.2 of the rules....

Edited by 11.43mm

As regards tromping around the wonderful range on Ft. Benning, can anyone tell me how to get Trooper Class/Division info? tks. ANYTHING/WEBSITES etc. offering more info than 6.8.2 of the rules....

All the information regarding Trooper Class in the rules was shamelessly taken from the Cav Arms Website. Please check there for more information & there are email links to the Cav Arms shooters who will answer any additional questions you might have.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Just read BigHamp's post (#43) and it seems that most concerns regarding the match from last year have been considered and addressed. I am especially glad to see that the medical crew has been beefed up in case of someone having problems...(real or imagined...) :);) This is not to say that last years help was not up to par but I will say the "ambulance" driver will have a stellar future with NASCAR when/if he moves to the civilian life.....

Happy to say I will be there again this year. :cheers:

Just read BigHamp's post (#43) and it seems that most concerns regarding the match from last year have been considered and addressed. I am especially glad to see that the medical crew has been beefed up in case of someone having problems...(real or imagined...) :);) This is not to say that last years help was not up to par but I will say the "ambulance" driver will have a stellar future with NASCAR when/if he moves to the civilian life.....

Happy to say I will be there again this year. :cheers:

He would not have been very happy if I had passed out. I was really scared. At least the professional "ambulance" staff have lights & sirens. Everyone else on the road probably assumed we were drunk or crazy.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

[

All the information regarding Trooper Class in the rules was shamelessly taken from the Cav Arms Website.

Thanks for the website; Trooper must be like a fraternity!?! LC, remember to pace yourself...I almost sent a can of sauerkraut to Michigan-I hope all the wieners you found were good !!!!