Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Here We Go....

dirtypool40

From the Yahoo article:

"I think that people who want to take this within 24 hours of the event and make it their political hobby horse to ride ... I've got nothing but loathing for them," Virginia Gov. Tim Kaine said. "To those who want to try to make this into some little crusade, I say take that elsewhere."

My thoughts exactly.

dj

This es exactly what US elections need - a candidate labeled "none of the above".

If "none of the above" wins, it's time for a new election where "none of the above" will be on the second round ballot.

Could make things interesting.

Methinks there are two separate questions on the table now... "who's your favorite", and "who will you vote for."

Entirely possible to not have a "favorite" with the given list.

"Who will you vote for" might equal "which candidate do you find least objectionable".

Do we vote our conscience, knowing that our chosen candidate does not have a real chance of winning? Or do we vote for the most tolerable candidate that has the best chance of winning? Perhaps the answer will be different for every individual.

Please remember this was not a news story. This was an AP writer with an anti-gun bias trying to fill space and get a byline. Advocacy journalism if you will. The piece should have been on an editorial or op-ed page. This kind of BS in the name of journalism, we used to call it yellow journalism, reduces the press to rumor mongering gossip spreaders. Journalists should report the news, others should create movements. :angry:

From Yahoo this morning.

gun control

Who's your "favorite"? :(

Dianne Feinslime is my favorite. She launched her political carerr fueled by the outrage over the shooting of the Mayor of SF way back when.

She announced her candidacy for his job standing on his still-warm corpse and rode the anti-gun horse all the way to the US Senate.

As always with the political systems in place at present.. Who do you vote for.

The Bloods or The Crips...? :(<_<

Twas ever thus. When enough people get angry enough at being ripped off by the ruling gang they form a new gang of their own. I don't think we are quite ready yet....but it might be time to order some new duds for the tea party....

If we could just use Pres Reagan and Charlton Hestons DNA and throw in a little T REX :)

He could negociate or kick butt and if all else fails....tear thier heads off and eat what was left over :D

Jim

Yeah, What Jim said :lol:

dj

...We were winning! When did apeasement become our strategy?

It's a sad commentary but our entire society's response to being threatened has become appeasement. At all costs we are supposed to find the middle ground even if the middle is across the line.

Somehow our need to be "liked" has outstripped any sense of self protection.

Edited by smokshwn

I think that we have too many militants within our own party too. When Fred Thompson's name was being thrown around, the religious faction made it clear that they would NOT show up to vote for him becuase he was not religious enough. I guess they would rather have Hillary pillage and plunder our rights before they help elect a republican. I give up.

Edited by L9X25

If we could just use Pres Reagan and Charlton Hestons DNA and throw in a little T REX :)

He could negociate or kick butt and if all else fails....tear thier heads off and eat what was left over :D

Jim

and some John Wayne, Patton and Tom Selleck :wub: . (Yeah, still got the man crush, but hey it would give us ALL the female vote) :P

Edited by dirtypool40

Myself as A Christian think not voting because someone is (not religious enough)

Would be a very stupid thing to do.

We need a person that is committed honest and who will stand for thier convictions in the face of pressure or poor polling data, doing what is right for all of us regardless of political correctness.

I look for the truth and the facts....not political spin.

Jim

Myself as A Christian think not voting because someone is (not religious enough)

Would be a very stupid thing to do.

We need a person that is committed honest and who will stand for thier convictions in the face of pressure or poor polling data, doing what is right for all of us regardless of political correctness.

I look for the truth and the facts....not political spin.

Jim

Even those with convictions, like Geo. Bush feel stupid loyalty to those who contributed to their effort to get elected...we need to somehow get someone in there who remembers where he came from, how he got there, doesn't owe anything to anyone and takes the constitution and personal rights seriously...they keep getting eroded with the help of the Left Wing personnel...wonder what they would do if the ban guns in Kalif and they have another Watts riot or the equal...toss them money from the burning balcony....it just blows me away to think they are willing to give up their personal rights without a fight..and it is time to stand your ground against those who would infringe those rights.

This es exactly what US elections need - a candidate labeled "none of the above".

If "none of the above" wins, it's time for a new election where "none of the above" will be on the second round ballot.

Could make things interesting.

Come out and say it, you just want nothing but perpetual elections and an empty office don't you?

Might cause less ahrm though... ;)

I think that we have too many militants within our own party too. When Fred Thompson's name was being thrown around, the religious faction made it clear that they would NOT show up to vote for him becuase he was not religious enough. I guess they would rather have Hillary pillage and plunder our rights before they help elect a republican. I give up.

That's fine.

I still think Fred would be the best choice.

Maybe we'll get a chance to vote for him yet.

;)