Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Micah's Range Diary

Micah

3/20/07

-One hell of an hour on the elliptical

-Full dryfire session

Early this morning I ran to Blockbuster to pick up some new flicks (4 for $20), and had a ballbusting workout this morning to the first hour of "Lucky # Slevin"...all the cats that said that it was a great flick were right!

Dryfire was great today. After reading though Saul's two books last night, I spent an additional 20 minutes working on SOTM. Bending the elbows a bit more makes a significant different in reducing my wobble zone. I am also working on my draw...as Bill pointed out yesterday, I am not getting my weak hand on the gun fast/low enough in my draw. It will take some time to correct this...but that's why I dryfire :)

Big thanks to Bill, Matt, and John for giving me some feedback on my vid from yesterday. At the request of Matt, here are three better videos of "2 Reload 2". Forgive the front facing video...I have no means of editing Quicktime files on my laptop.

Again, the function of posting my goofy ass doing these drills is to continue to get feedback from the great shooters that are on the forums. Please feel vindicated to let me know what you think

th_l3.jpg

th_r3.jpg

th_f1.jpg

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I may not be a great shooter...... but i am here does that count?

ditto on the shoes!

Looking much smoother man. but your moving your mouth on the second reload video... which means you are not totally relaxed. .. aka your putting a lot of conscious thought in it.. a few million more and it' will be an autonomic response. and... are you holding your breath?

p.s. HOLY CRAP 15 pages.. you practice too much that's cheating!!!

3/20/07...continued

-Full dryfire session...again :)

Not thinking clearly, tonight I went to a club that used to have great matches designed by BSeevers and KEEN. Since they left...things are much different. What a waste of time and money! $12 fee-round count of 18... :angry:

I really can't say anything more about it without breaking the forum rules. If you're shooting @ Milford this weekend, ask me about it ;)

Making up my missed dryfire session from Saturday when I got home tonight put me back in the right frame of mind. Everything being smooth and flowing, I regained my mojo :D Every Wednesday now I am working 5a-4p. I will work out and dryfire in the evenings on these days.

OMG ........ you have no idea what you've just done do you Racer?

Did you put the Steelers sticker on there just for Pharaoh?

I can see him doing EVERYTHING you have in the pics except he is totally against Rudy Project. (don't know why :huh: )

racerba, you gotta be kidding me! Blue AND Steelers? You sir, have great taste.

I'm still at the office (read:jail) until 4pm. Dryfire and jogging will of course be completed shortly after.

Apparently someone just sold a set of sights that I was looking for but eventually purchased from a vendor. Last week, a tungsten guiderod that I simply cannot find slipped through my fingers on the forums. All I need now is to miss out on a deal for a blue CR Speed mag pouch, and the trifecta of "Day late, dollar short" will be complete :D

TCK, they sell those cleats at Dick's...trust me, I might just have to buy a pair once the rainy season comes to an end ;)

You must be on DIAL-UP Steve ......... I only show 8 pages. :huh:

You probably have a lot of people on your ignor list. I show 15 pages also.

You must be on DIAL-UP Steve ......... I only show 8 pages. :huh:

You probably have a lot of people on your ignor list. I show 15 pages also.

it depends how you set up the posts/page under "My Controls." i prefer the max, so i see 8 pages here...

Edited by driver8M3

3/21/07

-One hour on the elliptical

-Full dryfire session

Excellent workout today...I maintained an average of 80% of max for the full hour while watching the climatic conclusion of "Lucky #Slevin". Fantastic flick!

Dryfire was a little painful today...I split my thumb open last night on that second hour of dryfiring. I'd love to dehorn that mag release, but we all know that is a no-no in Production.

On and off today I allowed myself to get pissed about last nights "match". When I geared up this afternoon to practice, I got pissed again...so I sat down and looked at my goal statements. I made a new goal that whenever I got pissed over something stupid, I would replace that thought with the image of seeing my name on USPSA.org as the division winner for whatever match I am shooting next.

Oh yeah, and I painted my cleats blue, just for sh!ts and giggles :D I'd get my gun done too, if it were not for two reasons:

1) (from wikipedia.com) One common idea concerning the tradition of belts claims that early martial artists began their training with a white belt, which eventually became stained black from years of sweat, dirt, and blood. I see my gun as the same, only reverse the colors. All of the slide wear, dings, and nicks are reminders to me.

2) I'll be damned if I go a week without practicing!

Dryfire was a little painful today...I split my thumb open last night on that second hour of dryfiring. I'd love to dehorn that mag release, but we all know that is a no-no in Production.

Haven't you ever heard of REST ???

Athletes don't train everyday.

Heck even the Big Guy took a day off at the end of the week. :)

Oh yeah, and I painted my cleats blue, just for sh!ts and giggles :D

Didn't I tell you all he would ??? :huh:

Heck even the Big Guy took a day off at the end of the week. :)

TGO :huh: Nah...he didn't :D

hmmm, I think I have a blue CR Speed mag pouch laying around here somewhere....

Hell Fish, I'll run six mag pouches! Please let me know if you wanna sell it.

I forgot to add that I am reworking my draw, thanks to the great advice of my M/GM friends and family here on Enos. The overall objective is to get my weak hand on the gun MUCH sooner in the draw than what I have been doing in the past. Although I have to think "Ab slap" when I draw, I should have it programmed into my subconsious before too long. When I feel confident in the changeover, I'll post a side-by-side video.

3/22/07

-One hour on the elliptical

-Full dryfire session

Workout today was another quick one as I really got into the movie Good Night and Good Luck. Working out in the mornings is much more preferable to me than willing myself to hit the gym after work.

Dryfire today was all about visual patience and burning in the new draw. Both are coming along well. SOTM continues to smoothen out in tandem. Although it has my co-workers completely weirded out, walking around with a water bottle has helped out my SOTM tremendously. The crossover at home is making sure that I keep my visual patience and see my sights, as opposed to point shooting and going purely on my npa.

I'm off to work...but after tonight will have the next three off. Match this Sunay...and SC Sectional is less than 4 weeks away.

Edited by Pharaoh Bender

Have you seen today's Maku Mozo ........... ???

There is no place for exertion of effort in Buddhism; it is just matter of being normal and unobsessed, taking care of bodily functions, dressing and eating, lying down when tried. Fools laugh at me; it is the wise who understand this.

-Lin-chi

Edited by CHRIS KEEN