Micah's Range Diary

Micah

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Groovy day today...lots o' dryfire, and made it out to the Beam range and put 450rds through my new ss. I LOVE the Tripp System mags :) After all that, Chris offered up his time to show me "Cleaning 1911's 101" (thanks a million bro!)

Indoor match tomorrow...my first one with the new gun.

BTW-I needed an extra spring and some basepads for some random mags that I have, so naturally I ordered from Shooters Connection...and got them in less than 24hrs. The invoice, however, made me rofl:

2010-12-11_20-39-21_41.jpg

Micah, you guys should be careful. The Elf union for 1911 Cleaning 101 will be filling a grievance, I do not believe that Chris is an official member of the union (to tall). It is almost xmas time and here you are taking work from the poor Elf's. What is this world coming to!! :roflol: :roflol:

Your Redneck Friends!!!!

lol @ tad!

8 brave souls ventured out today to shoot the Miamisburg indoor march today...Chris and I being 25% of them.

My gun ran flawlessly...and aside from a few mag ejection problems and my own activating the thumb safety without knowing it, everything went very well. I shot (as I felt) slow, but had a clean match:

th_12-12-2010MburgUSPSA.jpg

I had the thought last night, and did some work on it before the match...the holster that I acquired from the classifieds here had an FBI cant and held on to the belt quite sloppily, creating a variable in draw placement. I took the Stingray belt attachment from an old Blade Tech holster and McGyver'd it on to the existing holster. It worked very well today.

At one point it looks like you engaged the safety during a reload..... you know they make guns without those..lol just kidding. Looks good man. We have an indoor match comming up I need to start gettign ready for

lol @ Chris...the fajita bowl is on loan from another reputable place of business ;) As mentioned in my video, Buddy Runner is my smith....and he has turned my factory Trojan into the next best thing to a completely custom built gun. :bow: He even made it work with my crazy Glock ammo ! I would NEVER have gone to the "non-Glock side" without him :)

Thanks Buddy :cheers:

I was having issues with the magazines hanging up in the gun last week...but after hitting them with a little silicon, they shot right out. Here's the vid from last night's indoor match:

th_12-20-2010MburgMonday.jpg

I'm down about 45lbs since September, and have put on a fair amount of muscle. 2011 is going to be my juggernaut year.

2010-12-21_11-02-59_2.jpg

what kind of workout regimen are you on? Im looking to get in better shape over the winter too. first step is going to be cardio stuff to build up endurance and drop some weight, then work into lifting more to build some muscle back on. we'll see how it goes... :unsure:

first step is going to be cardio stuff to build up endurance and drop some weight, then work into lifting more to build some muscle back on

I recommend you switch that around.

Strength before strength endurance.

Cardio is not the way to lose weight. Fat burning, or keeping your heart rate just under cardio levels would be a good start.

what kind of workout regimen are you on? Im looking to get in better shape over the winter too. first step is going to be cardio stuff to build up endurance and drop some weight, then work into lifting more to build some muscle back on. we'll see how it goes... :unsure:

I'm just killing myself 6-7 days a week at the gym doing cardio and strength training, and combining it with eating whole foods as much as possible. Never, NEVER any of that fast food shiz. If you want excellent advice on fitness, bro get with Jake DiVita! Nobody knows more about that shiz then Jake.

Have you tuned your mag release?

The whole damn gun has been tuned bro! It truly was the mags getting dirty.

first step is going to be cardio stuff to build up endurance and drop some weight, then work into lifting more to build some muscle back on

I recommend you switch that around.

Strength before strength endurance.

+1 the more muscle you have the more calories you burn through

Another day of killing myself at the gym and dryfiring. In Dojo 2.0, I connect my Droid X to some speakers and listen to Pandora most days...but today is all about the Tron Legacy soundtrack. Taking my pops out to see that bamf movie next week.

Anyway, although it has all the quality of a snuff film, I took 30 seconds of video in Dojo 2.0 to give you an idea of what I'm working with. The x tossed my barricades, so I need to build some new ones.

th_2010-12-22_14-43-42_607.jpg