Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Micah's Range Diary

Micah

Plenty of meetings have me nice and busy again...but nothing can really compare to the madman schedule that I had last year balancing work and classes.

I had planned on hitting the range a little this week, but the weather continues to decide to disallow such an activity:

untitled-1.jpg

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Plenty of meetings have me nice and busy again...but nothing can really compare to the madman schedule that I had last year balancing work and classes.

I had planned on hitting the range a little this week, but the weather continues to decide to disallow such an activity:

untitled-1.jpg

Jump in the Car next week and come shoot the Il section with us. :)

Since I ditched the blue on the slide, the blue elsewhere needed to go as well.

seee.jpg

(I DID workout and dryfire today as well, so it's not like I just f-around with my gear ;) )

Ironically, my shoes are now black.

Shoop Da Woop!

I'm here in Brighton allowing my brain to wake up before I shoot the MI Sectional today. Forcast is calling for rain...but fortunatly (a la Jake's prod) I practiced in the Ohio monsoon this week ;) I love shooting in the rain, and it gives me the advantage.

Going to be a fun day, and a fun weekend of shooting as I am jotting back down to Ohio to hit the MRPC club match on Sunday. Good luck to all of the competitors shooting MI :)

Michigan was an excellent match, made groovy by the great staff and stage design. Despite a few ding'dong penalties (I'm the ding-dong) and a brutal beating from the standards stage (need to recheck my sights at 25y) I felt that my shooting overall was good.MRPC was today, and I shot with the KY crew who kept the humor lively the entire match.

All in all, I shot 13 fun stages with friends, and couldn't ask for more. Good times :)

Michigan was an excellent match, made groovy by the great staff and stage design. Despite a few ding'dong penalties (I'm the ding-dong) and a brutal beating from the standards stage (need to recheck my sights at 25y) I felt that my shooting overall was good.MRPC was today, and I shot with the KY crew who kept the humor lively the entire match.

All in all, I shot 13 fun stages with friends, and couldn't ask for more. Good times :)

I'm starting to hate my job :angry2: being on call is killing my shooting opportunities! Looks like you guys almost swept MI and from what I heard had a hell of a time at Miami today.

Video of the MRPC match that I shot yesterday:

th_08-23-09MRPC.jpg

I had several occurrences of mags sticking in my magwell, which I attribute to not cleaning the frame in a LONG time. The Texas Star was problematic for many shooters as it did not want to drop plates, and I knew I was in trouble when an Open shooter put two 38 super rounds on a plate and it still didn't fall.

This wasn't my first time shooting a star clean, but it was the first time that I had 6 perfect hits on a 5 star plate ;)

Nice video and nice shooting. :bow: It was fun shooting with you guys. I couldn't slow the video down enough to see if your makeup shot on the last stage went around the barrel too... :) Probably hard to tell on video.

Steve

PB, We will not bring out the star again until we get that little problem fixed. We just need to take a grinding wheel to the plates and it won't be a problem anymore. Thanks for the heads up. We didn't have any re-shoots on our squad.

Nice job in MI! Looked kinda cool seeing all my homies taking so many divisions.

Edited by dcarter

PB, You really make that G34 rock! Your splits are sick, how are your hits? I am sure they are A's and C's being that you are a GM. I am at a crossroads in my own skill level and wanted to pick at your brain a bit. I love watching you vids, keep em coming! :cheers:

Thanks Dan! My hits are (usually) mostly A's with some C's depending on the stage and my perceived time on said stage. As an experiment, the other day at the MRPC match on the last stage I decided to "Push it" which resulted in a sloppy performance. Thinking in terms of speed never works for me...rather I just see what I need and move on to the next array. Feel free to shoot me a pm or give me a jingle if you wanna pick away :)

• 2 weeks later...

Conrad created one hell of a match today in Circleville. Although I had a few errors in patience, fundamentally my performance was sound. My hits were excellent and I dropped very few points in 4 out of the 5 stages, and overall I was pleased that I shot the match clean.

ONE thing that happened today that has never happened before was that I fell. Crazy man...crazy. After exiting the Cooper Tunnel I lost my footing and ATE the ground. I was bummed after that stage from the perceived time that I had lost, but after watching the video it was not as bad as I had first assumed. (protip: the video music correlates with the falling theme ;) )

More shooting fun on Sunday at Oxford :)

ETA: I'm having issues with photobucket...video to come when I get the problem resolved.

Conrad created one hell of a match today in Circleville. Although I had a few errors in patience, fundamentally my performance was sound. My hits were excellent and I dropped very few points in 4 out of the 5 stages, and overall I was pleased that I shot the match clean.

ONE thing that happened today that has never happened before was that I fell. Crazy man...crazy. After exiting the Cooper Tunnel I lost my footing and ATE the ground. I was bummed after that stage from the perceived time that I had lost, but after watching the video it was not as bad as I had first assumed. (protip: the video music correlates with the falling theme ;) )

More shooting fun on Sunday at Oxford :)

ETA: I'm having issues with photobucket...video to come when I get the problem resolved.

I didn't that fall was bad.

FUNNY YES