Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Kansas Crunch Time

pskys2

Ok guys here's the deal: http://www.capitalcitygunclub.com/pistol/ccps.html and scroll down to the Sunflower Classic, the ICORE Bonus Match Entry is located there also, but here are the entries:

Kansas Sectional http://www.capitalcitygunclub.com/pistol/r...SFCentry07.html

ICORE Bonus Match http://www.capitalcitygunclub.com/pistol/r...s/ICOREntry.htm

Saturday May 19 USPSA Kansas Sectional in Topeka, Ks. We had 16 Revo's last year lets break that number and set a "Full Sectional Record" with the HIGHEST attended Division in a Sectional. We will need 20+ to do it.

As an added Incentive I've committed to setting up a Revolver Only Bonus Match the next day on the same range:

Sunday May 20 ICORE Bonus Match in Topeka, Ks. At the same range using 1/2 of the stages from the Sectional and reset in the afternoon to do 4 more. Far & Near will be shot. Good practice for the IRC! This will be a Cash Payback Match using modified Lewis Classes.

We already have 12 for Sunday, and looks like another 6+ are committing from Both Coasts! With local crossovers I'm hoping for 40 on the Revolver only ICORE Bonus Match.

But I don't think there's more than 6 for the USPSA Sectional, but it's still close to 1/3 of the entries.

There's still time, still openings but the entries will start poring in. The Sectional on Saturday is limited to 80.

Dave

DanBagger and John Bag-a-kiss will be there.........I cant make the ICORE party though.

I'll be driving to Iowa Saturday after the match for my nieces High School Graduation.

I believe Bagakis is shooting both days.....

Look'n forward to "sort things out"........eh Mike.. ;)

Here's the scoop so far.

USPSA Kansas Sectional

40 shooters entered:

11 Revolvers

11 Open

11 Limited

3 L10

4 Production

Kansas ICORE Bonus Match

12 Shooters entered:

8 Limited

4 Open

Don't have entries from the Coastals yet?

There is a LIMIT of 80 at the Sectional!!!

440+ rounds in 2 days, bring plenty of ammo. At least Sunday can be LIGHT Loads!

The Sectional raffles off a gun from CZ, there's a buy in raffle for a 1911 Springfield and what other prizes get donated are all by drawing. So placing 1st in any Division gets you a placque, but gurantees no prize. All the more reason to shoot the "Other" Division REVOLVER!!!!

Heck, if we have 5 "Unclassified" Revolver Competitors I'll donate one of my Moon Caddies! To the highest "U" Revolvelero. So far we have 2.

Dave

Dave,

I don't know... seems like we are out of balance... with so few Production and L10 entries for the main event...

Riich, you need to shoot that light hammered 625 this year. Roll with the wave!

You going to shoot the new gun???

Yep, my brand new 625 that was declared worn out and not repairable by the factory..... :P

Anyway.....I am waiting on a slot for Revo at the Nats, so I better start shooting the 625 to get ready.....Sept will be here before we know it...

DougC

You going to shoot the new gun???

Yep, my brand new 625 that was declared worn out and not repairable by the factory..... :P

Anyway.....I am waiting on a slot for Revo at the Nats, so I better start shooting the 625 to get ready.....Sept will be here before we know it...

DougC

Is this the piece we were promised pictures of when you got it running? :P

Nope..... :( a funny thing called bills <insert kids here> and trying to pay for match entries have temporarily sidelined the 25-2....but I am pretty sure I will be shooting it at the Nats....fingers crossed of course.

Sent in my production class app the other day. This will be my first sectional and I am looking forward to it. No, not winning.....just shooting!!

This should be alot of fun especially the stage sponsored by Club Orleans! :rolleyes:

Nope..... :( a funny thing called bills <insert kids here> and trying to pay for match entries have temporarily sidelined the 25-2....but I am pretty sure I will be shooting it at the Nats....fingers crossed of course.

i meant the starter pistol for the icore shoot....

Dave,

I don't know... seems like we are out of balance... with so few Production and L10 entries for the main event...

Riich, you need to shoot that light hammered 625 this year. Roll with the wave!

Dave,

Handed both apps to Jerry at the Millcreek match this morning. I am rolling over with this tremendous peer pressure and signed up for Revo for the Saturday match. :D

Got it Sunday, Great!!!

I so wanted to go to MCPSL Saturday Match to harrass others into signing up. Would you check with Mike Widebrook, Scott Ross and any other Revo's there about it?

I had a young cow decide to drop a calf in the middle of the night of the heaviest snow of the year. We got 5 1/2" Friday night. It was mostly gone by Saturday afternoon, but was still snowing at 10am! Crazy Kansas Weather!!!

Dave

Got it Sunday, Great!!!

I so wanted to go to MCPSL Saturday Match to harrass others into signing up. Would you check with Mike Widebrook, Scott Ross and any other Revo's there about it?

I had a young cow decide to drop a calf in the middle of the night of the heaviest snow of the year. We got 5 1/2" Friday night. It was mostly gone by Saturday afternoon, but was still snowing at 10am! Crazy Kansas Weather!!!

Dave

Invitation sent!

What are the numbers now? If I am counting correctly... it looks like you have 14 or more for Saturday and 15 + on Sunday.

On Sunday for the ICORE Bonus we're looking at 18 right now. With only 6 local shooters having signed up. I am expecting about 12 more local competitors "Hopefully", probably at the May MCPSL Match.

The Sectional has 75 listed and I haven't seen a Division Breakdown yet. Last I heard it was 11 Revo's at 40 total. I know there's been 4 - 6 more since then.

I'm still hoping to break 20, and/or beat/tie with the top Division, which last year was Limited with 22!

Edited by pskys2

dave,

does the 18 include only entrys recieved or does that include me, my brother and my daughter? we have the forms and will send them in this week.

Nope, for the ICORE Bonus Match it's only entries I've received in the mail.

Here's the breakdown for the Sunflower Classic Sectonal. Open-22, Limited-22, Revolver-16, Production-10, L10-7, PSS-1.

There's 1 GM & 4 M in Open, 1 GM & 4 M in Revolver and 1 M in Limited, the other 67 are A-D and U (though we had a Special Classifier that may solve that).

As of April 14 there's 78 registered in the Kansas Sunflower Classic Sectional. If any of you wish to shoot it get the entries in TODAY! There's a limit of 80 and May 1!

ffl since you're a sponsor I don't know what deal you have with the Sectional. But, you're not entered into the ICORE Bonus yet. You will be as soon as I have the Entry.

Edited by pskys2

16 wheels for the KS Sectional is great, same number as last year making it a premier event on the USPSA wheelgunners' circuit. With Dave's ICORE bonus match, this is going to be a great time--I can't wait!

Crunch, grind....whirrr.....<sound of dremel inserted here> 25-2 gets it's barrel installed tonight and front sight thinned down, New cylinder already installed.........No Toto.....its a not a Maagnum, its a .45........ :lol:

Sorry I am so happy....I still to this day regret selling my first competition gun, a mint .25-2 that I shot Pins with.....You should have seen the collector's face when I told him I was going to actually shoot the gun.... :blink::lol:

DougC

I still to this day regret selling my first competition gun, a mint .25-2 that I shot Pins with.....

I've bought and sold a number of 25-2s, but I still have the original one I bought 20 years ago in New Hampshire. And I still have the hard-chrome Nowlin "Master Blaster" 25-2 that won the shoot-off up at Second Chance that year....

Those are two guns I would not sell.

The Sunflower Classic USPSA Sectional is full on Saturday, might be a few Friday spots if interested I can give you a phone# of the SC.

There are 18+ Revolvers, and I don't have access to all of the last 20+ Entries, I'll know for sure when we start squadding.

The Bonus ICORE Match on Sunday has 20 with another 5, or more, saying they're going to shoot. So the Sunday ICORE Match is still open (but it's Revolver Only and not the USPSA Sectional).