Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Kansas Crunch Time

pskys2

Well it looks like the Sunflower Classic Sectional is full at 92+ and the counts are in:

Limited 30 1-M

Open 21 1-GM 5-M

Revolver 19 1-GM 5-M

Production 11

Limited 10 10

Single Stack 1

Looks like the dog fights are going to be in Open and Revolver! Now if I could just "Turn" a coulpe of the others onto a Revolver for this match!!!!

The ICORE Bonus Match on Sunday is still open for entries.

Dave

Dave that is GREAT !!!!!! :)

Looks like the Mississippi match is going to be down some from last year. :( could be because of match conflict who knows?

but like I said before, I don't care who or what match everyone attends, as long as they attend a match. ;)

Hopalong

Cool, i cant wait. This will be my 3rd year shooting the match. I missed last year cause of Iraq.

Are the stages posted yet? I know they were always posted in the past.

The Sunflower Classic has never posted the courses. And unfortunately they are not doing so this year.

• 3 weeks later...
Have fun this weekend!!!!!!

I'll be watching the shootout from the sidelines down in Mississippi.

Keep Walsh out of trouble, if you can. ;)

Hopalong

Don't worry Sam. I will only drink from well marked unopened bottles...

The Sunflower Classic has never posted the courses. And unfortunately they are not doing so this year.

I heard through the grapevine that at least one revolver shooter managed to get a hold of stage diagrams for the Sunflower.....(and it's not me.....)

I got stage diagrams for the Sunday ICORE match when I paid.

Maybe you should send a check or MO :lol::D instead of the stuff you print in your basement :ph34r:

Safe travels everyone.

Sounds like everybody is set to have a good time one way or the other. :lol:

I'll be thinking of you guys as I'm busting my back Friday afternoon/evening setting up for our match on Saturday. :( I will be shooting revolver, though. :) So I got that going for me.

Well, I'm up, packed, and waiting for Bubber to drive over from East Anklescratch Oklahoma.

We may have lunch in Topeka if we get lucky.

Got home not too long ago.

Man, John "Bucket" Bagakis had one helluva weekend, winning both the Revolver Division in the Sunflower Classic and today's bonus ICORE match. Dan Carden was 2nd in the Sunflower, I was third. Cliff Walsh was 2nd in the ICORE match, I was third. Dean Gomez shot an excellent match in the ICORE match today, winning 1st Open and 4th overall.

Great time, I'm too tired to type much more tonight. Thanks to Dave Williams (pskys2) for everything he did for us--it was a really fun weekend.

Great match guys, It was nice to put a face on a name from some of you Revo shooters. Had a blast at the Sunflower Classic as I got to watch some great stages being shot. I want to thank all the staff and shooters at the Sunflower and at he ICORE match as they put on a great set of stages (except Near & Far{I hate that stage}).

We look forward to seeing a lot of you at not only the NRA Bianchi Cup but at the IRC as well.

I learned a valuable and costly lesson on the first stage of the ICORE Match. I started out well and had the gun singing I was following my plan for the stage until..... on my last reload I couldn't get the cylinder closed, I opened it again and closed it again No Dice I opened it again and then I had seperation yes seperation the cylinder was in one hand and the frame was in the other. My cylinder arm retaining screw had backed out.

Lesson learned,

check all screws before a match

use locktight if possible

know the rules, I thought I would get a reshoot, No under ICORE I had to take the misses as well as the procedurals. (ouch)

It went downhill from there.

Edited by ffl

Good luck to everyone. I'm going to have to miss the match this year, as the Army has been keeping me a little busy. I hope to see some of you at the OK Rev sectional next weekend, though.

We certainly missed you Steve! See you Saturday!

One heck of a week and end!

The results will be posted for the

SFC on the website that had the entry. There should be a link to the Kansas ICORE OUTLAW Match there too. Nice name.

All I can say is "Thank You" to all the guys, and gals Stephanie, that showed up at either or both of these matches. It was great to see you, and all of your help is greatly appreciated.

Now I need to go spend some time with my better half, before she kicks this old stranger out.

Now I need to go spend some time with my better half, before she kicks this old stranger out.

It was very nice to meet Mrs. Pskys2 this weekend. Dave clearly got the better end of the bargain. ;)