Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rem 1100 Mag Followers

kbear38S

I have ones I found at a vendor table a few years back. They look kind of like the plastic ones in that they are thimble shaped with straight side walls, but are dull gray and made of metal (stamped sumthin' or other). They are the best Remmy follower I have ever used so far as far as slickness goes and I have tried a lot of different ones over the years I have campaigned my 11-87. BTW, the first one of these I put in back in 02 is still pristine and the other is still in it's original plastic bag (always buy things in pairs).

I tried several without success and finally had a talented Smith grind and polish the I.D. I grew up shooting swollen reloads through an Ithaca 37 which has the biggest tube I have seen which begs the question why doen't someone fix up a37 for 3 gun?

EDIT: BTW I now use a hi vis green plastic for 1100.

Edited by 11.43mm

What? Why ?

I'm having some intermittant feed problems and I thought I recalled reading somewhere that the steel or aluminum ones worked better than plastic which is what I have now.

Kevin, Damn I thought you fell off the earth?

Either working too much and no time to play or not working enough and no money to play. I haven't seen you down our way for awhile either.

I think is the best followers for shotguns are made from titanium. Very slick, light and lasts longer than plastic ones.

In pic there is older one black plastic rem follower, then almost new orange one from my 1100 Tactical and Titanium follower.

follower.jpg

Tommi

I tried them all and the best IMHO is the Vang.

The original Remington steel follower (the one that looks like a piston) is good too.

The original black and orange plastic ones are CRAP! I seen them broken on guns that were less than 1 year old. They are an accident waiting for a place to happen.

The original Remington steel follower (the one that looks like a piston) is good too.

The original black and orange plastic ones are CRAP! I seen them broken on guns that were less than 1 year old. They are an accident waiting for a place to happen.

These??

product_23_lg.jpg

These??

product_23_lg.jpg

No, the plastic ones.

• 2 weeks later...