Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I Won A Glock! Now What?

Micah

The unlikely has happened! I won a Glock certificate today from a GSSF match. I'm thrilled as hell, but would like your opinion as to what to do next! I just made A in Production, and currently shoot with a G34 with a tungsten guiderod, Heinie/Dawson sights, and a trigger job. I have a HUGE kit of parts, and realistically only a catastrophic failure or an unpluggable barrel would spell doom.

Side thought...I have had people caution me about the condition of my lower...it's pretty beat up from the little dryfiring that I do ;)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted to get the G35. Not to shoot a man's division, but to see how you fair against the other guys. I shot Production in 2005, L10 in 2006, and this year is Limited.

so far, I shot one match against the likes of Manny Bragg, Ted Puente, and Chad Rutherford and came in at 86%. Really tells me I have a LONG way to go.

Good luck this year, whatever you choose to shoot.

..........but I want to see a picture of a Glock that's been beat up in dry fire
Ask him ............. he'll show you one. Or havent you read his Range Diary ?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PS GLOCKS don't break ................. so you don't need a backup PB ? :lol:

Besides ... I always thought you'd be the 1st person *I knew* who ever wore out a Glock by dry-firing so much that it just quit working. ;) Don't stop now ! :rolleyes:

Edited by CHRIS KEEN

Voted for a 35 - but I want to see a picture of a Glock that's been beat up in dry fire :lol:

Done and done...not for the faint at heart :blink:

3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

Another option that I forgot to add would be to sell the certificate and use the money to help pay for Nationals.

Edited by Pharaoh Bender

Dude, get a G17 and by the time you kill it you will be on the cover of Front Sight magazine.

If you shoot a stock G17 for long the long slide gun will be for sale to brother Keen for a good price anyway, so it isn't like you are starving the maan for good cheap iron......

I voted for a G35, you can shoot Production, Lim 10 & Limited w/ one gun, change the ammo & recoil spring. Find me at Area 6 and you can see & feel my G35. It has to be one of the best feeling Glocks I have ever laid hands on.

Or, sell the cert and have a little more fun at Nationals.

What are your plans, Micah? Stick to PD until GM or do you want to play limited or something else? If you want to stay in PD get another PD gun, if not buy a 35, set it up and start kicking a$$ in limited with it.