Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I Won A Glock! Now What?

Micah

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't switch top ends on a Glock and still compete in Production division. That would be a "Illegal Modification".

Since the only difference in the frames of a 17, 34, 22, and 35 would be the serial numbers (and, yes, the smooth faced triggers on the competition models and the different ejectors, which can be switched out, why would it matter? :unsure:

You can't switch top ends on a Glock and still compete in Production division. That would be a "Illegal Modification".

Really? You can replace the barrel already. In the event of a Kaboom, if you contact Glock to obtain a replacement slide, do you really think that would prevent the parts gun from playing in production?

For that matter --- I've got a G-19 that's a parts gun. Frame (which actually says 19), Slide and Barrel are all Glock originals --- but with different serial numbers. Care to point out under which rule that gun's not legal?

The unlikely has happened! I won a Glock certificate today from a GSSF match. I'm thrilled as hell, but would like your opinion as to what to do next! I just made A in Production, and currently shoot with a G34 with a tungsten guiderod, Heinie/Dawson sights, and a trigger job. I have a HUGE kit of parts, and realistically only a catastrophic failure or an unpluggable barrel would spell doom.

Side thought...I have had people caution me about the condition of my lower...it's pretty beat up from the little dryfiring that I do ;)

Man's division?? Ask Rob Leatham if Prod is a mans division!!!

The unlikely has happened! I won a Glock certificate today from a GSSF match. I'm thrilled as hell, but would like your opinion as to what to do next! I just made A in Production, and currently shoot with a G34 with a tungsten guiderod, Heinie/Dawson sights, and a trigger job. I have a HUGE kit of parts, and realistically only a catastrophic failure or an unpluggable barrel would spell doom.

Side thought...I have had people caution me about the condition of my lower...it's pretty beat up from the little dryfiring that I do ;)

Man's division?? Ask Rob Leatham if Prod is a mans division!!!

Well stated. The "man's division" statement was meerly a tounge-in-cheek comment ;)