Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone Else Own An "arsenal" ?!?

Carlos

This is an arsenal :P

Yes, but the real question is, can you fit all that in an SUV and still have room for dope?

Would the SUV still be able to reach 111 mph while hauling all that steel? :rolleyes:

Would a U-Haul trailer qualify as a hidden compartment? :blink:

This whole story reminds me of another incedent in the news.

I heard about an athlete that was found to have several guns and more than one thousand rounds of ammunition in his home.

My reaction was, is that all?

It's not unusual for me to have 1000 rounds in my truck if I'm traveling to a match.

At home I have enough ammo to invade Panama.

So what?

Tls

Edited by tlshores

This whole story reminds me of another incedent in the news. I heard about an athlete that was found to have several guns and more than one thousand rounds of ammunition in his home. My reaction was, is that all?

I have more than 1,000 rounds for each of the guns I shoot often, or would like to and enough compontents to reload at least a couple thousand more for each. Since I can't reload for my .22 long rifle guns, I stock a bit more, 25,000 rounds at present.

It's not unusual for me to have 1000 rounds in my truck if I'm traveling to a match.

I don't normally carry 1,000 rounds for my center fire guns, but only yesterday, I went to the range with more than 1,000 .22s.

At home I have enough ammo to invade Panama.[/quot]

Between the members of this forum, we could not only invade Panama, we could win.

Lee

Guns, plus speeding, plus illicit substances, plus 'hidden compartments' (and no, I don't know the exact specifics of that), etc ... if this guy has any 'priors', it's 'possession under disability'. That's illegal in many places.

High profile, I'm not terribly surprised that lots of agencies would like a piece of the case.

Means that the rest of us just have to proceed a bit more quietly until the furor dies down.

What really irritated me about the article was the title and first 2/3 of the article was about all the guns, then at the very end they mention in passing that he was charges with reckless driving and possession of drugs.

Notice the total lack of any firearms charges... talk about misdirection!

To be fair, they never said "arsenal" in their story.

Technically, you are correct in that the word is not used in the story. However, had you gone to mainpage for www.foxnews.com on March 8, 2007, they did in fact use the word "Arsenal" in the headline - which was then linked to the story as posted above. That page has since changed.

This whole story reminds me of another incedent in the news. I heard about an athlete that was found to have several guns and more than one thousand rounds of ammunition in his home. My reaction was, is that all?

I have more than 1,000 rounds for each of the guns I shoot often, or would like to and enough compontents to reload at least a couple thousand more for each. Since I can't reload for my .22 long rifle guns, I stock a bit more, 25,000 rounds at present.

I don't normally carry 1,000 rounds for my center fire guns, but only yesterday, I went to the range with more than 1,000 .22s.

At home I have enough ammo to invade Panama.[/quot]

Between the members of this forum, we could not only invade Panama, we could win.

Lee

Add in everyone from ar15.com and we'd own South America and most of Europe too :D

"Arsenal"? :lol:

I think the standards for an "arsenal" are largely defined by geography.

Here in Washington, that wouldn't even begin to be an arsenal for most folks. That's just going out to the range for a few hours of fun. I'd like to see his gunsafe at home :rolleyes:

He's not kidding about that. I've seen guys spend 10 minutes bringing in the guns they are going to shoot in a range session.

I feel somehow insignificant now.

More than quantitiy, I want a place to dislpay what I already own. I am tired of everything having to be locked away except on range days. I want a gun room, sort of a walk in safe where I too can display my collection. It don't need windows, but it needs to be large enough to entertain in, at least to a small degree.

Jim

Around here that's called a "good start."

Kendall

LOL, that's what i was thinking...

A few years back I had 60 guns stolen, didnt have room in my safes for those, so i kept them in a home built padlocked wooden case.....they just pryed the doors off and then hauled ass.

The fact that he apparently takes drugs is what seems to have caused the problem here. Who here has not gotten a speeding ticket? And the bug-out vehicle/lights/night vision, well I live less than a mile from the Pentagon & remember the traffic & panic that dark September day - so I can kinda see the thought process behind the car. But what may cost him the car and the guns? - illegal drugs.

My point in posting this though, is that the media consistently gets it wrong when it comes to guns.

My point in posting this though, is that the media consistently gets it wrong when it comes to guns.

intentional consistent mis-interpretation :D

I never got any news coverage when my 60 guns got stolen...I would have if they had been stolen then used in a homicide or some shit, go figure. I should have got news coverage when the ATF didnt want to help and said it was a county matter...wtf, your about to have 60 guns hit the streets of cincinnati and you dont wanna help...f*#kers!

I did however recover 5 of them which I had to buy back cause they were pawned off and the pawn shops arent liable for receiving stolen goods.

Edited by robomanusa