Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2007 Nationals

Patrick Sweeney

Snip

There is good news tonight! Just got back from the local ICORE Match (we won't talk about the results) and Elliot and Annette were there. They are both heading for Tulsa!!! WOO HOO! That will add another GM and B Class to the mix. The only fly in the ointment is that they are going to be on the stand-by list. Let's do some incantations and sacrafice a few chickens and goats to get them in the show

Bwanna, Vic Pickett has a chicken he ain't using right now. It has a little potency left, Ask Jerry. I think it should work out as I know of another trying to get in on the Rev Squad from Arkansas. Let's cash in on Hop's prize table... :ph34r:

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is good news. Elliot and Annette are good people and a lot of fun. They are some of the harderst working people I have ever shot with.

Ps. They can shoot too!

Talked to a guy today at Area 5 who's seriously considering showing up as a walk-on at Tulsa just to shoot Revo! Wouldn't surprise me a bit if he does exactly that, he's a seasoned competitor who gets around to lots of matches....

I still think we might hit the magic 50!

I met a revo shooter at the Texas Nationals this weekend that said his department is sending a team and he'll be wheelgunning it. His group is from a New Mexico LE department. Perhaps he'll show up here a chat a little.

How was the TX Nationals ?????

Hop

Seems like I'm hearing of a whole bunch of folks waiting to walk up on Sunday................... <_<

11 challenging stages (one was thrown out, stage 10 of the original 12, for insufficient gamer containment protocols). The weather was certainly acceptable for the venue.

Oddly enough, almost every stage could be broken down into 6 round arrays even though several of the organizers didn't realize it until they saw it done.

It was a good time with 3 revo shooters on our squad.

Edited by Waltermitty

Just to note. M. Luttrell should have a subscript "s" with his classificatation. i.e. sB. Because I have *never* come *close* to beating Mike and he's in "B" Class?? Methinks some sandscript is in order.
For some reason Mike likes being in B class. He doesn't think he is ready to move last year, thinking he wouldn't be able to place in that division, and then he won A class. Go figure.

He also won the OK revo Sectional this year against some decent competition in miserable conditions...

So what kind of weather can we expect there in Mid Sept? I'm thinking possibles for rain every day. Warm if not hot, humid weather. Possibly T-storms? I figure I'll at least bring out the gore tex pants and jacket (light stuff, just a shell really) and of course shorts for the rest of the match.. Being warm and humid I figure that place should be ripe for skeeters.. Anyone have any idea?

So what kind of weather can we expect there in Mid Sept? I'm thinking possibles for rain every day. Warm if not hot, humid weather. Possibly T-storms? I figure I'll at least bring out the gore tex pants and jacket (light stuff, just a shell really) and of course shorts for the rest of the match.. Being warm and humid I figure that place should be ripe for skeeters.. Anyone have any idea?

That pretty well sums it up. Be prepared for a long walk with your gear. It's a big place.

FYI: there are 37 entries in revolver division as of today. That's enough for 3 squads plus 4 other entries.

Someone asked earlier about squadding: I'm working that right now, but we are still waiting on some last minute wait-list entries, so it will probably be at least the 28th of August before squads are posted.

I'm going to try to honor all your squadding requests, but there are a lot of you wanting to shoot together. B)

Good luck,

Troy

Edited by mactiger

FYI: there are 37 entries in revolver division as of today. That's enough for 3 squads plus 4 other entries.

Someone asked earlier about squadding: I'm working that right now, but we are still waiting on some last minute wait-list entries, so it will probably be at least the 28th of August before squads are posted.

I'm going to try to honor all your squadding requests, but there are a lot of you wanting to shoot together. B)

Good luck,

Troy

Thanks Troy

dj

Well.......I got back from the Steel Challenge and got told to take my vacation days off the schedule at work, so I will not be attending this years Nats.....I am bummed, but I know you guys will have a lot of fun and I will just prepare for next year....

Good luck to all! :cheers:

DougC

Well it looks like I won't have to buy a gun!!!! <_<

Hop

Don't count that out yet. I can't help but feel there will be others to show up that we don't know about yet. I HAVE FAITH!!!

The loss of one is not the end of the world.

Keep the faith!!

17 and a wake-up!!

Well.......I got back from the Steel Challenge and got told to take my vacation days off the schedule at work, so I will not be attending this years Nats.....I am bummed, but I know you guys will have a lot of fun and I will just prepare for next year....

Good luck to all! :cheers:

DougC

I hate to hear that Dan. You are definately one of the guys I look forward to seeing at these shindigs and always enjoy playing the game with you.

You will be missed.

Doug - Sucks you can't go. Do you need us to write some stern letters to your supervisors.

WM - T Mainus and I are riding the motorcycles down. It's your state - make the weather nice. :ph34r:

Also, anyplace you guys want to get together I'm in for. Remember last year though how all the people were going to show at the place in Hannibal. Instead there were 4 guys sitting at a table for 30. :cheers::cheers:

Troy - It sounds like squadding this year will be as good or better than last year. 2006 was nicely done.

Troy - It sounds like squadding this year will be as good or better than last year. 2006 was nicely done.

Well, at least for the revo guys it's not too hard. Most everyone has requested simply "other revolver shooters" or named people that actually are entered in the match.

A short tale from the Open: I had a bunch, like 20 or so, requests to shoot with "Bob Jones" (not his real name), with the note, "traveling together" to boot. So, I figure this guy must be driving the bus they chartered to get to Missoula, right? I asked my assistant match director about him, and he says, "Oh, Bob. Yeah, he's local". :wacko: So, who's name do I see on a squad request for this match? Yep, good ole "Bob Jones". 'Cept he ain't entered. I think it's just automatic.

Anyway, I'm working on the squadding now. We're still adding in some wait list folks, but it's progressing.

Troy