Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Helmet Cam Video

Supermoto

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those looked real good Supermoto.

Nahhh.... I wouldn't worry to much about not seeing enough of the targets. At least you caught the bottoms of 'em, so at least you get a sense of left and right.

W/ the camera kinda looking down on the gun the way these "posercam" set ups are cobbled together, you're never gonna get a perfect alignment w/ gun.

So far I haven't seen any of 'em ever pick up the dot in an optic. I would really like to see that because I have never shot an open gun before, and I would really like to see how easy it is to float/fly the dot from one target to the next.

So far I haven't seen any of 'em ever pick up the dot in an optic. I would really like to see that because I have never shot an open gun before, and I would really like to see how easy it is to float/fly the dot from one target to the next.
Just get a setup like Barnhart had. Hold the gun off to the side for a camera man and run between arrays with a direct-feed monitor so you can still shoot.

Hey Rocket35, I think if you do some digging through that owner's manual for that Samsung sports camera, you will find how to adjust the white balance.

There were a few scenes there where things were washed out.

Chet, those were the "lowest" cam vids I have seen yet. I still can't quite pick out the dot, but they have given the best angle on the gun, or across the top of the gun I have seen yet.

How did you mount that camera or lens?

Just an FYI: when I uploaded my video of the Texas Tree stage it was 86.0 MB in size. When I downloaded it from google it was 19.8 MB in size. So about 1/4 th the size of the original file.

I don't remember if I posted this yet or not,but "posercam" vids can be found here:

http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=posercam

Chills- I will have to look into that. I can see what you mean, when there are no-shoots, the vid seems to have trouble adjusting. I am sure it would get worse in sunny conditions. Thanks for the tip...

Chet,

Any way of getting a picture of how you have your camera rigged up on the hat? That has to be the best "1st Person" perspective I have seen.

Not to sound like an enormous ass-hat, but I agree.

I looked at a lot of footage before I found this combination. It seems to put the camera as low as possible but without interfering (too much) with my match.

XRe took the pic with my camera (he's a pro and it shows):

CDVDHatCam.jpg

-Chet

I knew I recognized that Chet Polo fella from somewhere.

DJPolo's pic from his profile here on the BE forums:

DJPolo.jpg

Asher Benrubi (aka The Smash from the Smashband):

http://smashband.com.a4.aicdns.com/news/

thesmash.jpg

I don't know how Chet/Smash does it. Competition shooter by day and radio DJ and lead vocals at night.

(edited to get my days and nights straight.... ARGGGh.... I'm working a strange schedule now.)

:D

Edited by Chills1994

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Now.... ask Chethro what happens when you use this rig to go prone.... :lol:

Going prone with the hat cam on is not an option. I'm just glad I learned that lesson at a club match. :bow:

On another subject, here's a cool screen capture from the hat cam:

post-553-1181226852.jpg

-Chet