Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Helmet Cam Video

Supermoto

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since this seems to be the place to post hoser-cam type videos here is my collection. Back in post #28 of this thread I showed you guys my super economy version of the hoser-cam I made. Well since that post I have shot several more matches. Here's a page that has nearly all the video I have shot this year. Some of the pages also have stage diagrams and pictures of the stages to go with the video. Enjoy.

http://mcb-homis.com/practical/video/

Later

mcb

• 3 weeks later...
Made a helmet cam, the bulletcam.com camera attaches to my ear muffs.

Supermoto.. nice to meet and shoot with you at Harvard this weekend.

Here is some of the hat cam video from the Harvard, MA match yesterday.

Yes... I know the foucs needs to be adjusted, I will have that done for the next match.

I love how the video shows whether the gun is up where it should be during movement, my transitions (or lack of), etc.

Yes.. I did not follow SA's advice on stage 1.. completely lost mental focus when I fumbled the reload.. but why read about it when you can see it.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7155623855612772414

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6336802545950048485

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3545860177765980502

Edited by maineshootah

Made a helmet cam, the bulletcam.com camera attaches to my ear muffs.

Supermoto.. nice to meet and shoot with you at Harvard this weekend.

Here is some of the hat cam video from the Harvard, MA match yesterday.

Yes... I know the foucs needs to be adjusted, I will have that done for the next match.

I love how the video shows whether the gun is up where it should be during movement, my transitions (or lack of), etc.

Yes.. I did not follow SA's advice on stage 1.. completely lost mental focus when I fumbled the reload.. but why read about it when you can see it.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7155623855612772414

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6336802545950048485

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3545860177765980502

Cool videos, does the lens obstruct your view at all?

It was nice to meet you too. It was a fun match, Thanks for making the drive down

Edited by Supermoto

Cool videos, does the lens obstruct your view at all?

It was nice to meet you too. It was a fun match, Thanks for making the drive down

The lens is centered in the bill of the hat so I do not see it.

I do catch the video feed cable in my left eye, but it is up at the top of the edge of my glasses.

If I moved my eyes to look straight up I could see the cable, however looking left/right or forward 90% of the time, I do not even notice it...

Unless the battery falls out of the bag and starts swinging around behind me... :blink:

Jason,

It was nice meeting you and Derek. Cool videos, nice shooting. I like your Glock too.

Steve

Steve, nice to meet you as well.

It was great to shoot with a crowd of open shooters.. we had a good squad.

The glock.. yeah.. not a lot of those up here... yet. :P

It is a fun shooter.

The lens is centered in the bill of the hat...

Very nice camera angle. A lot like my set up. :cheers:

Great videos and great gun management when moving between positions.

I gotta work on that...

-Chet

I gotta work on that...

-Chet

Thanks for the compliment! :cheers:

I spent an evening pouring through the forum to see what worked for other members before I started.

I gotta work on that...

-Chet

maineshootah, any chance we could see a pic of that set up, DJPolo showed us his! :D

• 2 weeks later...

I gotta work on that...

-Chet

maineshootah, any chance we could see a pic of that set up, DJPolo showed us his! :D

Ok..

Here is the info on my system.

The camera is a $25 dollar ebay purchase.

Search for "Micro-Color-Security-Digital-Camera-Spy-Camera" and you will find plenty.

It is screwed to the bill of the hat.

That connects to about 6' of cable that then plugs into one of these:

Aiptek

ISDV2+ Gun Metal - 5 Mega Pixel Camera (OR one of the other models that has VIDEO IN).

I hit record on the camera in a bag at the small at my back before I start and it is off and taping until I stop it. Camera is powered with a 9V battery, good for about 5 hours. The video camera is powered by a rechargeable battery, good for about 4 hours. I have a 2Gig SD card in the slot so that gives me about 2 hours of recording.

The setup is real light weight and I do not notice it on my belt.

Total cost is under $150.

Some crappy cell phone camera images below:

Image 1

Image 2

Image 3

A couple of folks have asked if I can see the video camera cable in my field of view.

I can catch just a small amount of the bottom of the loop in my left eye.. however, it is right in the same location as the top of my glasses, so I do not notice it.

post-6125-1185401226.jpg

Edited by maineshootah

• 2 weeks later...

Hey maineshootah, Thanks for the pic and the lay down, pretty nice little set up you got there. I've played with the ear muffs, top of a hat bill, and on a ear piece of some shooting glasses...next is under the bill, hopefully I'll get some decent results there as that seems to be the consensus on the best "look down the gun" angle.

Thanks again.

PH

Hey maineshootah, Thanks for the pic and the lay down, pretty nice little set up you got there. I've played with the ear muffs, top of a hat bill, and on a ear piece of some shooting glasses...next is under the bill, hopefully I'll get some decent results there as that seems to be the consensus on the best "look down the gun" angle.

Thanks again.

PH

Happy to provide it.

I could not get the top of the hat angle to work right, I was way over the gun and targets in the video.

Now that I have it under the hat, I hardly notice it when I am walking around and when I am shooting I forget that it is even there.

Fairly cheap setup, I just need to tweak the camera to get the best focus distance.

• 2 weeks later...
After reading DJpolo's setup with the Archos, I've decided to get one for myself. Shot a few videos, here's one :

Testing Helmetcam

Good looking stuff, cybrosh.

Any plans to move the camera under the bill of a cap so it's more centered?

Here's my latest outing from this past weekend:

If it's a black gun, it's being driven by my teammate, Nathan.

If it's a chrome gun, it's me.

-Chet

PS - For the record, YouTube blows. My beautiful, hires video looks like sh!t after they get a hold of it.

After reading DJpolo's setup with the Archos, I've decided to get one for myself. Shot a few videos, here's one :

Testing Helmetcam

Good looking stuff, cybrosh.

Any plans to move the camera under the bill of a cap so it's more centered?

Here's my latest outing from this past weekend:

If it's a black gun, it's being driven by my teammate, Nathan.

If it's a chrome gun, it's me.

-Chet

PS - For the record, YouTube blows. My beautiful, hires video looks like sh!t after they get a hold of it.

Chet,

That was an awesome video. How big is the file before you send it up to youTube and what format do you use?

Keep posting those hat cam vids, they are sweet.

Mike

I know...I've been editing videos in my Sony Vegas application, and they look pretty good, yet on Youtube......

I've been thinking about a couple of bulletcam mounts, such as the attached images.

*Loved the movie. Saw it at the gallery right after you've posted it. The angle where you see the shooters get a hold of their guns, is incredible.

post-4488-1187721318.jpgpost-4488-1187721899.jpg

Edited by cybrosh

How big is the file before you send it up to youTube and what format do you use?

The file that I uploaded toYouTube was a 14 MB QuickTime .mov file.

I also made a full-res DVD version that looks absolutely gorgeous on TV. That will be added to all the future DVD releases until the 2007 TX Limited itself is released.

-Chet

*Loved the movie. Saw it at the gallery right after you've posted it. The angle where you see the shooters get a hold of their guns, is incredible.

Thanks. That camera was the "money shot" of the whole match. :cheers:

Here's some pics of how it was done:

post-553-1187737761.jpgpost-553-1187737772.jpg

post-553-1187737778.jpgpost-553-1187746723.jpg

-Chet

Edited by DJPoLo