Ohio Section Championship - 2007

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Yep. I made it home and have got a good chuck of the house chores out of the way. I'll have the online squadding up in a few.

Sorry for anybody that has had a hard time getting in touch with me. I've been...out...a lot lately. :)

The stages are posted on the USPSA website (under Major Match Result for the Ohio).

The online squadding is now up on the USPSA site. We are going to work on getting that popluated with shooters today. You should get an email from the system when you get entered into the squadding system.

If you have sent you app in recently, we might not have it yet. The apps are first going to the club. The club is then mailing them to me.

Any issues, email them to OhioUSPSA (at) aol.com

Alright, maybe I'm just missing it but where is the online squadding? Is it because I haven't heard back yet from Flex? My app went in just over a week ago. Thanks and looking forward to this match. Shot my first disappearing drop turner and peak-a-boo DT today and actually managed to put two holes in each of them!! The stage with two DT's activated by a cart... That's gonna be another story! :blink::surprise::blink:

Flex will email you a password, then just go here: http://www.uspsa.org/squadding/index.php?a...ist&indx=58 and pick your squad. See you there !!!

I just discovered that if you go to the above link and click on your name, you can get your squadding password sent to you. USPSA must have your email address. Just click on the "Email My Password" and you get it pretty fast. You can then select your squad. It worked for me.

Edited by bobert1

Thanks guys. The check has been cashed so now I'm just waiting for my e-mail.

Anybody else shooting Saturday? There's three of us going down together that had to get permission to shoot on Saturday with the staff because there is a local match on Sunday that our MD has to be back to run. Should be a good time and I hope to get to meet some of you! :cheers:

Hi all,

If you have sent in an application, check out the self squadding page on the USPSA website:

http://www.uspsa.org/squadding/

The squadding system didn't appear to send out an email when we entered the first couple of batches of shooters. I just tried to send out a manual broadcast email to all those when have in the system. (I am registered, and my email just came...so it must be working.)

If you have sent your app in, please know that it is first going to the club (which is an hour away from my place and going to the club Tres...who isn't all that involved ion the match). The club Tres. is doing a great job of getting those apps processed, then sent on to me...but, it is a process. It is going to have some lag time in it.

Don't sweat it. We take care of our shooters. :)

I've had a few ask if we still have room in the match. We do. If we get real tight, I'll make the call on whether to expand the match a little or to cut off registration. I'll announce that here first. With regards to that. I won't just add in shooters at the expense of slowing down the match. I'm looking to provide a good shooting experience to those that sign up and get their apps in.

If you have any questions, get with me today. I'm back out of town again tomorrow (working the Area 5 match).

I'll save you all some Alphas. :)

Thanks Flex. I'm gonna need 'em!! :blink:

Any idea what squad you are gonna shoot on? Getting to watch a production GM in action would ROCK!

BTW, I received my e-mail this AM. Time to get with the others I'm with and pick a squad. :cheers: Looking forward to meeting you finally and enjoy Area 5.

Edited by SLM

Interesting stages. Little repetitive, but interesting.

Repetitive....hmmmmm?

Those 3 short stages are similar. They will be run in one bay (rifle bay). I put them in as they are representative of what we saw at the Nationals in tulsa last year. Solid tests of accuracy.

Then there are the two classifiers. One being a raw test of speed and tension. The other including elements of strong and weak hand. Both requiring mandatory reloads in the skills test.

Those 5 stages cover all the regular start positions.

Then there are the 5 large field courses. They will prove to have quite a bit of variety in them, I think. ;):devil:

Thanks Flex. I'm gonna need 'em!! :blink:

Any idea what squad you are gonna shoot on? Getting to watch a production GM in action would ROCK!

BTW, I received my e-mail this AM. Time to get with the others I'm with and pick a squad. :cheers: Looking forward to meeting you finally and enjoy Area 5.

I'm not sure where I'll be. Last year, as Match Director, I was actually more busy on Staff day than I was on the regular shooting day. So, I might choose to float that this year and get my stages in where I can...between putting out fires.

As for Production GM's...Moneypenny will probably be shooting on Saturday. Bob Vogel will likely be in there on Sunday.

Then again, getting my shooting done on Saturday might free me up to drink a beer or two at the get-together on Saturday night. :cheers:

Vince, repetitve in what aspect. .... guess I am not any good at algorythms. the 3 very short stages i can see similarities. Though in the past couple of years I've shot so many matches everything is starting to run together.

with area 5 there will be another big bundle... i can't wait :) See y'all in ohio!

Interesting stages. Little repetitive, but interesting.

Repetitive....hmmmmm?

Those 3 short stages are similar. They will be run in one bay (rifle bay). I put them in as they are representative of what we saw at the Nationals in tulsa last year. Solid tests of accuracy.

Thanks for clarifying and providing rationale...those are the three I referenced.

Vince, repetitve in what aspect. .... guess I am not any good at algorythms. the 3 very short stages i can see similarities. Though in the past couple of years I've shot so many matches everything is starting to run together.

From the aspect of the same thing, only at three different ranges. Seems it could have been three strings from three boxes, all one course. Kyle explained the rationale for it.

Have no fear, I shall tank them regardless! Your status remains safe from me. :cheers: