Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone Tried The Truglo Tfo Sights

chp5

These looked interesting, but I've never seen them:

TFO

"Patented, T.F.O. technology combines the brightness of fiber optics with the glowing properties of long-lasting tritium. Provides fast sight acquisition and excellent transition from daylight to darkness with highly visible, green, T.F.O. rods. Machined channels in front and rear sight housings provide maximum, ambient light gathering and protect the rods from damage while concealing them from your target. "

Anyone tried them?

I have them on my G22 and they are AWESOME! The front blade is pretty thick, dont know the dimensions, but much wider then the .100 blade on my Edge. Dont know if I would want to use them for match shooting, but for my home defense/carry gun, they are sweet. They work just as advertised...fiber optic by day, and in complete, utter blackness, they still glow just like your FO sights in bright sunlight.

The front sight is HUGE wide!!!! There is no way I would consider them for match shooting, I might try them on a carry gun but that front sight seems like it would cover the WHOLE target at 25 yards in a match.

I sell lots of them, and I don't like them for competition shooting. The fibers can not be replaced, so when they get dirty, which they will, they will not be nearly as bright as new.

They are wide too, but they are fine for carry and "house use."

My experience is pretty much the same as the others. I have them on my XD-9 Service. They are very bright in any kind of light (mine are green). Unfortunately, the FS blade is very wide and they would not be a good choice for competition. For HD or carry, however, they are excellent.

Edited by XD Niner

Just measured mine at .142 front and .142 rear. The front sight has a lot of light on either side of it, and I think this setup is pretty darned cool.

'Course I'm new at the sport, but it beats the heck out of my factory G35 adjustable plastic sights which shot loose in 1000 rounds. That was a huge disappointement, the elevation adjustments were really hokey, wouldn't stay put, the windage when the sight shot loose was all over the place.

You would think that Glock could do better than that on their "flagship" pistols like the 35. Jees!

These TFOs are a far cry better *for me*.

YMMV.

I have them on my G35 slide. I really like them for low light and flashlight shooting . The benefit is the flashlight does not have to be high enough to light the front sight. So with my (poor) technique it stays below the slide and does not light up the smoke to cloud your vision of the target. Not as crisp as the Sevigny sights I use in daylight but adequate for my purposes.

One of the shooters in our group had them on a 1911 .45 and had problems getting them to survive the recoil. I've had no problems with IDPA loads in my .40.

Keith

TFO fronts are a whopping .142" wide.

The standard sight competition sight I spec out is .100 wide :) that extra 42% wider is huge, especially at distance (ie plate rack at 25-40 yards.)

Very true. I just mic'ed a Merprolite and it came out to .160 :o

The thinest night site I've seen was an Ameriglow at .125. I'm looking to put these on my G23 - which is my house/CWP gun.

I still like to see light bars around the front sight though.

Edited by chp5

• 5 months later...

If someone has a chance, can you measure the height of the front sight?

I know it comes in in a Low/High version.

17/34 series

20/21 series

I was just kinda curious if the front sight would be compatible with the Warren Rear's.

Thanks!

I have them on my g19 for about a year and 6k round, they're fine for defence and carry.

They're somewhat difficult for long distance shots and besides I have some doubt the front sight,which is very long, can withstand some rough abuse

Edited by rookieglocker

• 6 months later...
These looked interesting, but I've never seen them:

TFO

"Patented, T.F.O. technology combines the brightness of fiber optics with the glowing properties of long-lasting tritium. Provides fast sight acquisition and excellent transition from daylight to darkness with highly visible, green, T.F.O. rods. Machined channels in front and rear sight housings provide maximum, ambient light gathering and protect the rods from damage while concealing them from your target. "

Anyone tried them?

I have them on my G21. They work great.