Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Said Goodbye To My Pal.

BEDELLCUSTOM

post-4731-1170784960.jpgpost-4731-1170784828.jpghad to put my best friend down today. My 18 year old spaniel,Buddy, I never thought I'd miss that dog so much but it was time and Sandi and I couldn't watch him suffer any longer. :( . Just thought I'd share this with everyone.

It really breaks your heart. When I had my labrador put out I was so depressed I almost couldn't see straight for a while.

No magic cure for it.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn!..................That rainbow bridge passage is killing me!..................I get caught up looking for the right words!........I wish i could say what you need to hear to take the pain from you friend....But as much as we are friends i can't .......and that's what hurts!

Marc

Sorry for your loss Dan.

Dear Dan,

I, like you, have a canine partner. I, like you, have shared a large part of my life with her. I, like you, cling to memories of the great times we have shared. I, like you, would risk my very life for her. I, like you, will someday have to say goodby.

Dan, there is nothing wrong with grieving for your lost Buddy. Remember the good times and know that he is with a higher power.

abs

The Rainbow Bridge, year 1359 version:

A dog hath true love,

A dog hath right good understanding

A wise dog knoweth all things,

A dog hath mettle and is comely

A dog is in all things seemly

A knowing dog thinketh no evil

A dog hath a memory that forgeteth not,

I say unto you again a dog forsaketh not his duty,

Hath might and cunning therewith and a great brave heart.

--Gace de la Vigne, Peime sur la Chasse, 1359

Sorry for your loss. It sucks having to put down something that loved you back so unconditionally.

That poem is from a 2007 Vizsla calendar.

Edited by Chills1994

Dan, I sit here with heavy heart and blurry eyes feeling your loss. It will be 3 years this August 13th that my wife and I faced that horrible dicision with our buddy Zeke. Though we still have his pal Harry with us and a pride of cats, Zeke loved them like sisters. I'm still not over it. It's affected everything in my life. Only the love of the ones we have with us keeps me sane. At least it's to the point I don't feel angry anymore, and the tears only try to well up at times like this now.

It sounds, and looks, like Buddy was a rare and special one. He can never be replaced, but others will come and soothe the ache.

Hopefully all of our buddies are frolicking together in that great pasture, waiting for us.

The depth of the pain of your loss, is only the tip of the joy and love you had.

Only if I could watch him chase cases one more time, someday.

With Deepest Sympathy,

Dave Williams