Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Said Goodbye To My Pal.

BEDELLCUSTOM

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, man. That hurts my heart just to think about.

As others have said, remember the good times.... and know that Buddy is probably romping in the most beautiful green field right now, with no pain, and happy memories of his time with you.

B

I had this passed to me recently, its a little sappy, but it is a nice thought:

Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Dan-

Deepest, deepest condolences. I had to put down my best friend about 8 years ago, and to this day I get teary-eyed thinking about him and/or when I watch Emergency Vets [we go to the same vets on that show].

Today is one of my german shepherd dogs' birthday, and Rudy is turning 7 years old. In addition to reflecting on our 7 great years with Rudy, we will be thinking of you and your wife and Buddy and the sadness of your loss.

"The more one gets to know of men, the more one values dogs."

Take care.

-br

I knew that this site was used by some of the best people around and all the responses to this post on a very dark day for my wife and I just confirmed it for me. I've been a very controversial figure on the site before and had been warned by BE himself to tone it down a bit at times. Not to get all emotional but this means alot to Sandi and me just to be able to share this with all our friends here, some we've met and others we hope to meet.

Thanks, Dan & Sandi Bedell ;)

Dan just like you and Sandi, We have no children. Our dogs Casey and Apoll are our kids. It was one of the saddest days of our life when we had to make that same tough decision to put our first dog down. The days will pass and the hurt will slowly go away and you guys will be able to look back at all the great times you all shared, but until that day comes please accept our deepest condolences for your lose.

There was a thread a while back about how much our pets mean to us. It had lots of quotes that hit the nail on the head but my favorite was....

"If dogs don't go to heaven when they die, when I die I want to go where they went"

My wife and I have three dogs. We have a pillow on our fireplace that reads, "We had to get rid of the kids... the dogs were allergic." I love it and I love them. Sometimes I think the worst part of owning them is knowing you may have to put them down some day. Still, you know it is worth it even though it hurts right now.

Take a little comfort in knowing that the pain you feel now is a testament to what a great and caring owner you must have been.

Sorry for your loss. I dont have kids and my dogs are my kids. Lost my first lab 5 years ago to K9 Lupas and his name was Ernie,, he now is IN an Urn on the nightstand and my other 2 labs are in the kingsize bed curled up next their Momma. I always have to fight for a spot on the bed :wacko:

Dan and Sandi,

My deepest sympathy for your loss...words don't do it justice.

My wife and I don't have children either, but we have three dogs....Chester, Webster and Daisy. All three are rescues and have warmed our lives beyond words. I brought Chester home over 10 years ago and I like to say that he saved me. I was at a low point in my life and he kept me company through those times. He's now 14 and is on borrowed time with a degenerative spinal cord disease and before long we will face what you just went through. Your post reminded me to cherish each day we have left with him, so from the five of us, thank you for sharing.

There is no doubt that Buddy was loved, and he knew it, so take comfort from that fact and the knowledge that he is in a better place waiting for you.

Losing pets that are part of the family is one of the bad parts of life. I hate you lost yours. I keep saying that I won't get another one but always seem to find another friend. It's just hard to live without them when you love them.

dj