Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Brazos Custom Pro Sx

Leo Pires

Depends on who you ask. They're DEFINITELY high quality and some of the best if not the best but like I said......depends on who you ask. Some would argue that other bulders like Bedell or Dawson are better. It's all personal choice.

Brazos makes great guns and many others make great guns too. There's no #1 gunsmith that I'm aware of. I wouldn't worry at all about the quality of a Brazos gun, or Bedell, or Dawson, or Triangle, or Millennium etc... All of those guys can build a good guns.

I'm sure the style and machine work of one of those folks appeals to different people in different ways. Style won't win the match though but everyone would like a sweet looking pistol. The cuts are functional but the various ways of removing metal is style.

If you look at the top 10 shooters at Nationals you will see 8-10 different pistolsmiths and I'll bet you could throw the guns in a box and let each shooter start this year with a random gun and it would be a similar finish. Yes there are better guns but once you get a reliable and accurate Open gun the rest is just personal preference

So far everyone has addressed builders.... but the other half of the arguement is a full size" gun vs. a Shorty.... the Pro SX you mentioned is a shorty type obviously. Longer guns and shortys handle very differently, you need to shoot both before you decide what you like. So even if you like Bob's (or Dan's) work, a Pro SX (or Bedell Shorty) may not be for you. Although they are very highly regarded by those who DO like Shortys.

So far everyone has addressed builders.... but the other half of the arguement is a full size" gun vs. a Shorty.... the Pro SX you mentioned is a shorty type obviously. Longer guns and shortys handle very differently, you need to shoot both before you decide what you like. So even if you like Bob's (or Dan's) work, a Pro SX (or Bedell Shorty) may not be for you. Although they are very highly regarded by those who DO like Shortys.

Shaun nailed that one pretty good :)

I shot a shorty (commander length slide ) in major 9 and did not like it as much as my new full length Millenium Custom ( shameless plug) major 9 gun. To each his own.

Love my Pro Sx, Bob certainly builds great guns. The thing runs perfectly. However, what I like best about dealing with Brazos is the 1 on 1 customer service you get.

Bob and Ingi always stand behind their products and Bob has always been willing to answer all my questions about the gun, loads, etc. etc. He even called me on a Sunday afternoon to make sure my questions were answered to my satisfaction. If a problem occurs, they deal with it graciously and with the express purpose of making sure you are 100% satisfied.

Note: I am sure this is true with several other builders mentioned before, just my .02 about Brazos.