Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shot Show 07, Any 9mm Revos?

mwx40x40

Last year there was some talk of Taurus sporting us round gun guys with some revos designed for our sport. Also some talk of 9mm roundguns. Thought I remember Randy even saying he might be involved in some R&D work for the South Am. Handguns.

Anybody seen or heard anything.

2 options that I currently know of without any SHOT info.

8 shot 627 38 super if you can find one. 9x19 snaps into the clips, you then take a little off the star area in the chamber and they will drop in and fire.

You can have your .357 627 modified by Pinnacle High Performance for 38 short colt and a .355 barrel. Then you will pretty much have a 9x19 Revo.......I have one and it is the shizzle. For giggles I am thinking about getting a 38 super star and fit is if it will work, then try the 9x19 option too.......

DougC

8 shot 627 38 super if you can find one. 9x19 snaps into the clips, you then take a little off the star area in the chamber and they will drop in and fire.

You can have your .357 627 modified by Pinnacle High Performance for 38 short colt and a .355 barrel. Then you will pretty much have a 9x19 Revo.......I have one and it is the shizzle. For giggles I am thinking about getting a 38 super star and fit is if it will work, then try the 9x19 option too.......

DougC

FYI: There have been no new 627 38supers for more than couple of years now. The distributor I work for had that gun built as an exclusive Performance Center gun. If ya'll can guarantee about 400 of the neccessary 500 guns we can have anything you want built by S&W.

DougC

FYI: There have been no new 627 38supers for more than couple of years now. The distributor I work for had that gun built as an exclusive Performance Center gun. If ya'll can guarantee about 400 of the neccessary 500 guns we can have anything you want built by S&W.

Show me where to sign up.

I asked about a 9mm version of the 627 at the Performance Center section of the S&W booth at the SHOT Show. They looked at me like I had two heads. His take was they will not be building a 9mm version of that gun. Bummer.

Too bad. It would be the ultimate ICORE gun, but, that is a minute market segment. It would just be a curiousity to the rest of the world. Huge gun. Light round. I guess the .38 super was an aberration

I asked about a 9mm version of the 627 at the Performance Center section of the S&W booth at the SHOT Show. They looked at me like I had two heads. His take was they will not be building a 9mm version of that gun. Bummer.

I took a class from Jerry Miculek a couple of years ago and he asked what our intrest level was in a 9mm 8-shot. He was trying to get a feel for how many S&W could sell. I think everybody in the class said they would buy one, some of us said two. Well that was about 2 years ago and its not here yet. If Jerry can't get them to build one, no one can.

Well Chuck, dont feel bad......I showed them the Short Colt at the PSA banquet last year and they looked at it, like they werent sure what it was.... :blink:

When I explained to them that all they had to do was put a short cylinder on it and a .355 barrel I was politely brushed aside and chided, being told that they had some new stuff coming out and then walked away from me. At least the guy that dealt with the auto end of it told me that he would pass on what I told them, but said it probably wouldnt go anywhere........It didnt seem to matter that damn near everyone there would have bought at least one of them if they made them, and they were told that......

I hate dealing with the arrogance of some east coast companies....... B)

Sorry, not supposed to be negative towards companies.... :)

Regards,

DougC

I own a 686 in 38 Suoper and sold a NIB 627 in 38 Super. I would buy both a 6 or 7 shot L-frame and 8 shot N-frame S&W in 9mm. They would be the ultimate competition revolver. it would reduce my need to inventory and reload 2 different calibers.

They used to have a model 547 a few years back. I believe it was a 5 shot 9mm. I've been trying to by one from my friend for the last 2 years, but he won't part with it. I've seen them on Gunbroker for about $1000. Don't know if you can get parts for it though. It would be nice if they could bring it back.

Itchy

They used to have a model 547 a few years back. I believe it was a 5 shot 9mm. I've been trying to by one from my friend for the last 2 years, but he won't part with it. I've seen them on Gunbroker for about $1000. Don't know if you can get parts for it though. It would be nice if they could bring it back.

Itchy

The 547 is a six shot K-frame with either a three or four inch barrel.

• 1 month later...

I have a performance center 38 super on the L frame. When I slugged the barrel (believe they are made in Germany) I was please to have it come out a tight .355.

It shoots 9mm fine except for Winchester brass which is apparently a tad thick when using the moon clips.

I own a 686 in 38 Suoper and sold a NIB 627 in 38 Super. I would buy both a 6 or 7 shot L-frame and 8 shot N-frame S&W in 9mm. They would be the ultimate competition revolver. it would reduce my need to inventory and reload 2 different calibers.

I have a regular 686, 6" in .38/.357 and a spare cylinder & crane. I was thinking about sending it off to get it modified for moonclips (6shot) and reaming the cylinders with a 9mm reamer to take 9mm ammo.

Any benefit to such a beastie? I shoot a little I-CORE and occasional USPSA revolver - though usually with a 625.

Regards,

C.

I have a regular 686, 6" in .38/.357 and a spare cylinder & crane. I was thinking about sending it off to get it modified for moonclips (6shot) and reaming the cylinders with a 9mm reamer to take 9mm ammo.

Any benefit to such a beastie? I shoot a little I-CORE and occasional USPSA revolver - though usually with a 625.

Regards,

C.

Carlos, I am in the process of getting a L frame 6 shot 357 converted over to a 38 super. With my 8 shot 38 super new 9mm work just fine in my revo. I have a 6 shot 38 super moonclip loaded with 9mm right now. As soon as I get my 6 shot back I'll let you know how the 9mm works out. I am fairly sure that even once fired 9mm out of an auto will not work but new rounds in the box seem to be ok. later rdd