Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glare Shields

Mo Zee

I know the Arredondo makes a pretty good shield, but everyone I know that uses it says that they do not see a difference, does any one know if Limcats glare shield makes any differnence....

Thanx

• 3 years later...

I gave the glare shield a try last yr. It made the glare worse, I even showed Flex. The top was shiny and smooth and when the sun hit it just right it reflected the light on the lense and made it 10x's worse. I'll never use one again.

Flyin40

Both have drawbacks.

Arredondo: the opening is/was too small and it would cut off the dot on the very sides of the glass.

Limcat: doesn't cut off any of the dot but it also doesn't sit flush (not enough clearance with the top of the dot module) without a little dremel work.

I use the limcat even though I honestly don't notice any difference with the shield on or off. Just figure that it can't hurt.

I have an older, Delrin (I think) Limcat from many years ago. Works nicely, No dremeling required, in my case. Still doesn't stop a 6 MOA dot from washing out in bright sunlight, though - I've changed to an 8 MOA dot to see if I can fix some of that...

• 1 month later...

Paul,

You were correct about the Arredondo shields blocking the dot on the edges of the glass as I had to trim mine to correct the problem.

Ray purchased a new one this weekend and Arredondo has modified the design so that it does not need to be modified anymore, worked great right out of the package.

Limcat is better. Allows full range of glass for the dot while the Arredondo one cuts the dot off at the edge of the glass.

Paul

What do you mean?

Are you saying that as you move your gun to the side the dot disappears as it nears the outer part of the glass?

Or the dot is altered or its shape changes from a circle to a kind of double half moon all the time?