Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Replacement Serendipity Mount?

half inch groups

just noticed some good sized cracks on my serendipity mount at the screws. is their an easy fix, or replacement 3 hole cut mount available? I know I can get a blank, but if theirs already a pre drilled version to match my C-more frame holes that would be exactly what I'm lookin for. thanks in advance!

another thing you can do is to shave the legs of your serendipity and install an sv infinity carbon fiber mount it is light and strong or you can go with 1 sided mount and add 2 more holes on the left side of your frame that is if you dont mind showing the other 3 holes on the other side.

thanks everyone. I like the idea of cutting the legs off. I bought the gun used and the mount was cracked upon further inspection. I didnt torque it on and break it. I like the single sided mounts but I hate the holes it will leave in the frame. I'm not much for slide ride mounts because the scope moves every time the gun cycles. I thought dawson made a mount that had the 3 hole config. like the serendipity, just cant find it on the site. I guess after I cut the legs off I can match the mount to the leg and mark my holes and drill. I used to work w composites. will a good epoxy fix the sucker? super glue and baking soda? ;)

thanks Eric. that helps a little. I definately dont want to leave holes on one side. I only see offset 1 sided models on the dawson site though.I like my stuff clean, so I definately want my. I'm really hoping the SV composite mount is spaced identically to the serendipity. I used to make a lot of stuff from carbon fiber, kevlar and fiberglass. I love the stuff. particularly the depth of carbon fiber.

I would stay with the Serendipity just because you will have three less fasteners to worry about becoming loose. ;)

That is the mount I wish I had chosen; now I have to buy a new frame (because of the damage inflicted upon by my installer) and have it finished out. :(

FM

my serendipity has 6 screws total for both sides. 3 each. I'm gonna try a micro monocoque fiberglass / epoxy experiment to fix this. I'll add some blk pigment to it and try to sand it out. Now I have a new slide ride c-more for another project, or if I crack it again I'll replace it. I'm pretty handy, just didnt want to hack on something so expensive. I really wanted that composite mount. maybe I'll make my own for s&g, if they don't come drilled the same as a serendipity... I hope they do :unsure:

I like the single sided mounts but I hate the holes it will leave in the frame. ? ;)

i saw an open gun today @ the range that used to have serendipity and now has a single sided mount he just covered the holes with the button screw it looks nice :rolleyes: but on my other open with serendipity with cracked legs sv carbon will be the fixed but not right now still have too many project on the way. :wacko:

The SV Carbon mount has a C-more pattern but only uses the two forward holes on the right side of the gun. They do make it with a more compact hole spacing but I've heard its a weird nut and not real common.

awe man, now I cant get all dirty for nothin? for $65 I'd be a real shmuck not to let them do a onceover and replace the body. I'll do that, and while its gone I'll throw the new slide ride on the SV i'm orderin from rene. I emailed him and he was really quick to answer my questions. I appreciate everyones input. thanks again. :)

thank you. I just saw the thread for new C-mores for $149. I bought one, so now All I need is that Carbon fiber mount to stick my new Cmore on play match the holes.. we'll see how it goes. thanks again everyone!

1/2" okay dude give up the info on $150 C-Mores. At that price I could us a spare.