Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Fish

Catfish

I was shooting in Lufkin once years ago, came through a door way that was braced with 2x4 at a 45 degree angle. When I ran right, I tripped on the brace and hit the ground, skidding on gravel. I spent a second trying to figure out why I was on the ground and bleeding, then I heard people yelling, "get up get up, your safe, get going !!" .

Nothing like sympathetic friends.

I think I spent 30 minutes picking dirt and gravel out of the road rash when I was done.

Hope to see you in Tulsa and good luck with Texas Limited.

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TSL this weekend.

Domination. I think (if I remember correctly), I won 5 stages, 2nd in 4, 3rd in 2 and 4th in 1... Or something like that.

Beat two M class guys, one of whom got me last year by a coupla percent. Probably the most solid, consistent big match I've ever shot. No penalties. No mikes. And no real big errors. I called just about every one of my shots, short of about 3-4, and those all turned into D's, for most of them, and a high shoulder C on one of them that I swore was going to be a mike.

Felt really good to put a complete match together. Really, really good.

TSL this weekend.

Domination. I think (if I remember correctly), I won 5 stages, 2nd in 4, 3rd in 2 and 4th in 1... Or something like that.

Thats really cool Derrick. Congratulations!

All tuned up for Nationals now right?

Wonder if there's time for a bump before the Nationals? :D:devil:

Nice little practice session today in prep for nationals. I really want to get about 1500 rounds downrange between now and L10 nats....

Lots of things to work on and I'm really looking forward to the big show. :cheers:

'bout 250 rounds downrange today.

Draws, triple 6's and then a slew of vice prez's with both outer targets partials. Freestyle, strong hand, and weak hand versions of the vice prez. Finished with 35 rounds of group shooting at about 30 yards....

Sharpening the blade!

so-so match today, mentally just wasn't 100%.... :unsure:

Learned very important lesson today, and that is that my middle finger and a 10 round SS mag will not, under any circumstances, fit into the same mag well..... :wacko:

Broke my extractor as well - not just the hook - the whole stinking top end with the hook on it broke off. :surprise: Wow.

Glad it happened today, and not in a couple of days!!!!

Nice final practice today b4 nationals....

'bout 350 rounds, I shot everything I'd brought to the range. ;) Started with some close up stuff, draws, all you can get, vice prez's with freestyle and strong hand only.

Moved out to 40ish yards to hit the nats standards which went well. Shot for group as well at 40.

Finished up with two paper up close and 3 poppers - one big PP and two small USP - at about 25-30 yards. Shot till I ran out of ammo.

Gun ran fine, gear ran fine. Now I've got to clean guns, clean my press, and make my match ammo.

I don't feel like I'm ready - can you ever be good enough?? - but I am ready to shoot the match.

Hey Mick - I'm picture challenged, and have no idea how to post...

As for the nats....

Wow. :surprise: Rain, mud, and conditions aside, the first 6 stages we shot yesterday were exceptionally humbling. Threw more mikes in those 6 stages than I have in probably the last 3 months.

Which tells me I'm not practicing hard enough. :ph34r:

I'm looking forward to getting on the front sight hard today and having some more fun!

OK, back in the room and I think I've got all the mud off... Very little to no rain today for the AM squads, but if anything, the bays we shot in today had more mud than the bays we shot in Thursday; it did rain last night and the ground is very very saturated.

Initial thoughts on the match:

Tough!! I'm not practicing partials w/ no shoots enough. My confidence on those targets, especially the ones waaaaaaaaay out there, was not good enough.

Fitness wise, I actually felt pretty good, so the program is paying dividends there.

Focus. I had pretty good focus yesterday and then the first 3 stages today. Lost it on the last two stages, and threw inexcusable mikes on close, 10 yard targets, one on each of the last two stages. Really, really, really frustrates the ______ out of me. Both of them were "easy" short stages and to be frank I didn't program them like I would a big stage because they were so stinking easy. I threw several mikes on Thursday, all of which I can really live with as they were all on distant partial targets; with the exception of one on a wide open target at 8 yards.

On the good news front, I didn't hit a no shoot the entire match, and there was really plenty of opportunity to do so.

Simple stuff I've improved on quite a bit. Setting up on hard, distant, partial targets is going to take lots of work, and I plan to plug away at that starting in a week or so after I've had time to take a break, clean all the mud off my gear, and refocus on the next match.

I really enjoyed the match - the stages were quite challenging (which I liked), our squad worked like demons - we were fighting each other to tape and set steel. It was fun to meet the Balls and Flyin40 in person - they were great!