Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Fish

Catfish

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fun match at DT yesterday - with an ominous beginning, we were able to get through the match with only a light sprinkle of rain or two during the day. What would it be like to shoot a match without dealing with rain this year?!!! :surprise:

First stage started well, but I had a mother #%@#$ of a jam mid way through the stage. Had a guppie bulged case that jammed up the gun pretty bad, slapped and racked and couldn't even pull the slide back as it was stuck big time. Had to hold the slide with my left hand and then smack the shit out of the grip with my right to clear it. Settled down, got as many points on the targets as I could after the jam and just blew it off without getting pissed off over adding 5-6 seconds to my stage time.

Shot the next 5 stages well enough to beat my buddy JR by 30 something match points for the ovl Limited match; and it was fun putting the match together, and lots of fun duking it out with JR. As an outside observer, I enjoy the comparison with JR - he's skinny and quick on his feet and shoots with more reckless abandon. I outweigh him by a good 50 pounds and am smoother and more consistent over the course of the match. I think the competition is going to be good for both of us, perhaps helping JR smooth it out and me to speed it up! :cheers:

• 3 weeks later...

finished up the ProAm this morning, had a TON more fun that last year. NO gun issues, just a shooter related issue on one of the stages and that's about it!

Considering I've been out of town the last week, got about 10 hours of sleep it seemed while I was gone and how the primer shortage has limited a lot of my shooting, I'm pretty pleased with how I performed.

The sights are definately the weak spot on the XDms... I think those hurt me a touch, but all in all, any errors in today's match were operator error more than anything else. ;)

Felt good to be back behind the sights, it feels like it's been forever!

After looking over the results from the match last nite, I finished 46 out of 160~ limited shooters. Big improvement over last year when I was nearly 80th.... A much better finish is just 2-3 plates more per stage and it's totally doable, I wouldn't have had to do anything else other than hit all the plates I had a chance to shoot. :roflol:

but man, am I tired. The last week or so worth of traveling and road trips and getting in late last nite and I'm just flat out worn down.

I'm going to take a few days off and evaluate where I am and where I want to be by the end of the season and get to work on those goals promptly. But for now, I wanna sleep. :yawn:

• 1 month later...

Can't believe I've not posted here since the Pro Am....

Good match today, 2nd in a row with no penalties. I think that's a record. ;)

Switched back to the 2011. Just couldn't get the XDM to run quickly. Good platform, and a heckuva nice gun. Just not for USPSA.

Finally broke down and bought a ghost holster. I'm still very much getting used to it, but thus far, I like it a lot!

I shot at Double Tap a month ago and it was probably the worst I've shot in a long time. The heat just flat out killed me that day and when I got home I made it a point to get back on the bike and ride myself into shape. Been 5 weeks and I can see and feel a major difference; I'm digging it so much that I'm gonna do a bike race next weekend, for the first time in oh.... maybe a decade. ;) Just a little mt bike race, but I'm jacked up about it already.

The end goal is I want to finish in the top 10 at A4 in Limited. And I'm gonna do it.