Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Fish

Catfish

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thinking on the way home, I can only re-iterate I don't practice hard enough! I've got some plans for next year's campaign already, which I have decided is going to be shooting Open.

Thanks guys for the kind thoughts, I appreciate 'em. ;)

Clearly, there has been a shift in the force. ;)

Feel the force...you know you want to. It's calling you to come to the dark side with the rest of us. :lol:

There is a freedom to shooting open that is incredibly satisfying. Oh and I should also mention...addicting. Messing with the force has consequences so be forewarned!

If we continue our shooting path, the hubby is going to shoot an open gun next season. I don't want him to miss out on the fun.

Wishing you the best in whatever path you find yourself on. :cheers:

I'm glad our shooting paths crossed at Nats!

lackluster IDPA match today.

Gotta case of the post national don't give a shats..... :mellow: Shot ok when the focus was on, and couldn't hit the broadside of a barn when it was off.

Got a week or so where I'll probably relax some more and then start building my focus back up for the NT Sectional match in October.

Relax, remember, it's supposed to be fun. I also find it ironic that you won the match and still think it was lackluster. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I'd rather shoot well and not win than win and shoot like crap. :wacko:

And Xre, don't worry, I'll be pestering the hell out of you for Open advice. ;)

steel match this morning and IDPA tonight. Frankly a little bit tired and not entirely focused on the task at hand. Shot the MkIII at the steel match and I'm sad to say I'm going to have to clean that SOB. I hate having to do that. Taking it apart is easy..... it's the getting it back together that's the kick in the arse. :wacko:

Shot the 9mm SS tonight at IDPA and since I put it back together Friday night, I was just glad the dang thing worked. Mostly, anyway. One stovepipe and one no shoot, but otherwise not a bad night. Lots of good hits and had fun, albeit tired.

Pretty much didn't even look at a gun all week. Took the SS out this morning before practice and just thought, "gee, isn't that nice!" Nice little pratice session this afternoon before I had to go in to work. Worked on all classic targets, a lot on partials. Good times!! :cheers:

A really fun north Texas Sectional match today, hat's off to everyone who made it happen and let a bunch of us come out and play...

A good mix of wide open targets, lots of movement, and some tougher shots on steel - the guys really used every square inch of the bays to maximize the stages. I came up four measly points short of HOA Single Stack... I don't know whether to feel good about that or really pissed. Finished about 24th or so overall to the HOA Open guy, 74% or so out of 82~ shooters all told.

Really, really tired before the match, work has been kicking my arse lately and I wasn't completely focused on shooting the last couple of weeks; so in retrospect, I'll take the 4 point loss and try not to let it eat at me over the next coupla days....

Despite the few competitors in SS at this match, this was a TOUGH crowd!

Eric totally made a screw up on my stage (8) when he pulled a mag from the middle of his back and TWO rounds stripped out of that mag causing a flat footed reload on the back array over the wall. It added over 2 seconds and I would've taken the mike.....

Shooting SS against Fred, Kenneth, Derrick, and Eric does NOT sound fun!!!!

Id take the 4 point loss and run with it!!!

Well, looks like the NT sectional will be the end of the "big"matches this season. Was planning on hitting A4 as well, but:

1. I'm pretty tired!!

2. Got the bill back from nationals.... :unsure:

So..... it's time to start gearing up for next year. Open class, here I come!!! :cheers: