Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Does Anyone Use Factory Ammo And A G35 ?

bruce282

I'm trying to decide between a second G17, a G34, or a G35. I don't reload so I would be using factory ammo. I shoot USPSA and IDPA. I've shot WWB value pack 165gr .40's in my CZ but not having a chrno, I'm wondering if they can be expected to make major all the time, i.e. regardless of the weather?

I'm leaning towards one of the 9mm, since then I'd have a backup gun to take to matches.

What say the experts? :D

Bruce

I don't have personal chrono data, but I checked Jeff Maass' data and 165gr WWB wasn't tested. Other factory loads were moving ~1020 FPS, which would make major.

Maass' data does have 180gr WWB listed at ~1040 FPS, also making major.

As always, guns vary and you should test your own gun over the chrono to know for sure.

I'm trying to decide between a second G17, a G34, or a G35. I don't reload so I would be using factory ammo. I shoot USPSA and IDPA. I've shot WWB value pack 165gr .40's in my CZ but not having a chrno, I'm wondering if they can be expected to make major all the time, i.e. regardless of the weather?

I'm leaning towards one of the 9mm, since then I'd have a backup gun to take to matches.

Bruce

I'm not one of "the experts" but...

WWB makes major with a G35. I can't find my numbers on 40 cal but I found some on 9mm with a G17 which easily makes minor:

WWB 115gr

Outside temp 84

10 shots

High Velocity 1207 fps

Low Velocity 1145 fps

Avg Velocity 1167

Avg P.F. 134.28

9mm WWB is about $5.00 a box cheaper than 40 at Wal-Mart

Almost all factory 9 will make minor, the problem is with the 40. Some do but by a wide margin. That is why so many of us reload. I don't want a 40 making 187pf. Talk with Danny at Atlantic ammo, He has a 147JHP 9mm that Dave Savigny uses that is great. He also makes 40 major reloads that Phil Strader uses. I have used both and they were great.

Far from an expert,

However, my G35 eats WWB all day long and makes major.

(not by much.. but it does)

Having shot a 21 in L-10, I really like the 35.

Jay

Bruce

Almost all factory 9 will make minor, the problem is with the 40. Some do but by a wide margin. That is why so many of us reload. I don't want a 40 making 187pf. Talk with Danny at Atlantic ammo, He has a 147JHP 9mm that Dave Savigny uses that is great. He also makes 40 major reloads that Phil Strader uses. I have used both and they were great.

Could that be Danny at Atlanta Arms & Ammo? <<<CLICK<<<

That 147 gn. load is sweet.

I shot factory ammo out of my G34 for the longest time. Once I started reloading, I was amazed at the reduction in recoil.

For S's and G's I still fire off a few factory round here and there. It sounds like two different guns.

Here's recent data for my Glock 35 (factory barrel) tested at the chrono during the 2006 Area 4 Championship.

CCI Blazer FMJ 180gr. 3 shot average = 1026 PF 184.7

CCI Blazer Brass FMJ 180gr. 3 shot average = 998 PF 179.6

WWB 180gr. FMJ 3 shot average = 980 PF 176.4

Ronnie

Edited by Ronnie Casper

Amazingly I just happen to shoot and chrono some WWB 165 in my G22 today.

It made major so your G35 would make it even easier.

Twenty rounds averaged 1027 with ES= 58 and SD= 15

Then I shot some of my minor .40 reloads and it was like shootin a .22 :D

HTH,

T

Amazingly I just happen to shoot and chrono some WWB 165 in my G22 today.

It made major so your G35 would make it even easier.

Twenty rounds averaged 1027 with ES= 58 and SD= 15

Then I shot some of my minor .40 reloads and it was like shootin a .22 :D

HTH,

T

OOPPS, Sorry about that.

• 2 months later...