Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mag Holders For Single Stack In Uspsa?

Aircooled6racer

Hello: I am looking at shooting single stack in USPSA and was wondering what people are using for mag holders? I was looking at the Comp-Tac beltfeed and was wondering if it is good way to go? I also have some CR speed mag holders for my STI and can convert those but would need to buy some more. How many mag holders do you need? I am still new to all this and need some help deciding what to buy. Thanks Eric

Edited by Aircooled6racer

Comp-Tac beltfeed, may not be legal for up coming SS rules as it is not designed for daily concealed carry.

I would wait untill the new rules are out, or just look at what is legal for idpa and buy that gear. SS seams to be set up to pull in CDP shooters.

for SS I would be set with at least 5 on my belt, you can never have enough ammo.

I'm using the Blade-Tech duals (and still have a quad on my belt that I'm taking off).

I have 6 holders now, and start with one in the pistol, then I can reload where it makes sense, not when I'm out. But 4, is usually plenty. 6 would only be for some really rare huge round count stage. I don't think I have mags in the back 2 spots very often.

I carry six mags in production --- and would likely carry seven on the belt in SS. I rarely go past the fourth, but occasionally there's a stage where it makes sense to shoot just 2 or 4 rounds and do a reload, and there's those stages ---- like the hilltop stage in Barry in 2004 ---- where I've lost a mag or two.....

but the DOH holster isn't designed for every day carry. <grin>

It is for 13 more months :)

The problem with the DOH is the front strap will hang too low for the new rules. But if you have a newer version (3 screw attachment vs. 4), it's change-able to be legal.

The belt fed and the quad pouches.. they don't really seem to fit the 'spirit'.. but so far they're ok.

but the DOH holster isn't designed for every day carry. <grin>

It is for 13 more months :)

Less than 1 month! :( The modified provisional rules kick in 1 Jan 07!

From the minutes...

Motion: To adopt changes to provisional Single Stack rules effective 1/1/2007

Moved by Area 4

Seconded by Area 5

Passed

Com -Tac makes a good unit.. I'm currently using one from Blade Tech. They make both double, single and even a 4 mag unit that stacks the mags two deep.... but you'd be hard pressed to consider that a "daily carry" piece of equipment.

Edited by MichiganShootist

Hello: So you guys are saying that the beltfeed will not be legal then? I just thought it will make the magazine placement better for me. I have a 35 inch waist and while stacking the mag holders side by side they will reach way behind my back. Keep the great info coming. Thanks Eric

Well I am using Safariland 773's so I hope they aren't illegal also :P

That being said though, a new proposed rule book will be posted within a very few days for viewing and comment. I just would save my penney's until it is posted so that there are no surprises.

Gary

Slight drift - Gary, any chance that rulebook will have things like change bars in it, so that we can "fast forward" to what's different??? Or is this going to be a read and compare exercise??? :)

That would be a really good thing, but I don't know if it is possible or not. I am just not computer literate enough to talk about those type of things :P

Perhaps an index list of rules where changes have been made. Would that be of help? I guess we have already given a short list of those with the motions that have been voted on and already posted. There will be another group posted soon.

Gary

Edited by Gary Stevens

Well I am using Safariland 773's so I hope they aren't illegal also :P

<disclaimer- please take this in fun>

lol... 773's don't exactly seem to be:

Magazine pouches should be designed for continuous daily carry and should be

reasonably concealable.

If those are good, the quads should be good too.. maybe they'll be a nice measurement.. instead of what some RO thinks?

It doesn't really matter to me.. the type of mag pouch and how fast I can get a mag out of it, is so little time compared to movement.

Hello: I was also looking at the Comp Tac double mag holders as well instead of the beltfeed. Would 2 of these do the job or should I look at 3? Just trying to save up some money for this project. I will wait for the new rules to come out. Thanks Eric

Edited by Aircooled6racer

"designed for every day carry"

Will we be able to use a mesh backed vest for a cover garment or will we have to use a solid vest?

;)

will I be able to put TAPE over my glasses on the right eye????????????

pat :D

(thread drift) Pat how the hell did the fcc let you have w4fo. Most of the time they try very hard to kill call signs that could have bad meanings!

Back to topic: I am going to order more of the garcia mag holders. I think we will be safe.

Already have my mesh vest!!!!!

(thread drift) Pat how the hell did the fcc let you have w4fo. Most of the time they try very hard to kill call signs that could have bad meanings!

Back to topic: I am going to order more of the garcia mag holders. I think we will be safe.

Already have my mesh vest!!!!!

WHAT BAD MEANING :lol: I though it meant Fine Operator

I also have a mesh vest :ph34r:

pat